PDA

View Full Version : bouncing revs

blackbooty
Monday 1st May 2006, 11:28
hi all, ive just finnished rebuilding my 96 854 t5 auto (yippieeee)
but i still have an odd problem (had it when i bought car and posted a thread a year ago)
the tick over is rock solid, 850 ish, but whilst driving at say 2000 rpm, the revs will pick up to 2200 for two seconds, then drop back to 2000 for two seconds, then back up to 2200 for two seconds,back down to 2000 ect ect.
its all accross the rev range, not just at 2000 rpm.
any one experienced a similar prob or any ideas before i take her to main stealer?

wayne.

pzorb
Monday 1st May 2006, 13:10
Could the aircon be switched on?

iGGy
Monday 1st May 2006, 14:52
Two second fast cycling because of low AC gas pressure, could be.

fraz13
Monday 1st May 2006, 14:58
Sounds like an air leak like a said on the other thread, Check the rubber elbow......

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9948

blackbooty
Monday 1st May 2006, 18:07
Two second fast cycling because of low AC gas pressure, could be.

ta fellas,a year ago when i posted about the prob, my line of thinking was something to do with the air con cos it seemed to be in sync with the aircon switching on and off ,dunno if i explained that properly, but my aircon pump seemed to engage for a couple of secs then disengage for a couple of secs? seemed to be a bit of a coincidence.
at the time, someone suggested removing the ac fuse but this had no effect, and my ex crashed the car before i could resolve the prob.

when i got car back from recovery yard and started her up the lights on the acc panel flashed. signifying a fault with the panel/ aircon (not sure which)
so its worth further investigation i think.

cheers Fraz, ill check the elbow out tomorrow mate.

wayne.