PDA

View Full Version : Night shots in Birmingham

Wobbly Dave
Monday 1st May 2006, 09:48
Big thanks to Viking for getting his camera out.:B_thumb:
We went down a similar route with these shots as with the Viking longboat. The twinkly trees are in Brindley place, the second are outside the new Selfridges (careless parking) - then in the Selly Oak train station car park.

I have tried night shots with my own 35mm SLR but could never get the exposure and depth of field correct due to the v low light levels. Viking's supa-doopa digital was able to get most of what we aimed for.

ps Viking - if you look carefully you will see I made the parking sign pole disappear (but can you spot which foto?)

Anyway - I am thrilled with these...

http://www.bigredvolvos.co.uk/galleries/silver_c70_t5_out_at_night.htm

fraz13
Monday 1st May 2006, 09:55
Lookin good Dave ;)

Mrsmopp
Monday 1st May 2006, 10:10
Great pics, I dunno who took the shots but thats a real eye for a picture and the results say it all

x

Wobbly Dave
Monday 1st May 2006, 10:17
Viking took the pics - I then framed them up and digitally tweaked them - a team effort.

Andrew
Monday 1st May 2006, 10:20
Very nice job by both of you.
Birmingham seems to be improving. I didn't see a van load of police in any of them shots :P

Justin
Monday 1st May 2006, 10:54
Viking you have now been elected as chief photographer of the VPCUK.

That means you have to come to all meets lol. I'll speak to Amanda ;) (From a long distance away lol)

Great pics, nice locations, and like AC says, no plod, me racing round Brum as the decoy must have worked lol ;)

c70mel
Monday 1st May 2006, 11:11
:jaw: http://www.bigredvolvos.co.uk/images/C70_Silver_nightshots/img_0020.jpg

what polish/wax/donkey dung did u use to get that shine??

very nice pics!!! i want mine doing :D

Liddo
Monday 1st May 2006, 12:30
Viking, Make and Model of camera please! MUST get one :D

Vikingxl
Monday 1st May 2006, 14:07
Camera is a canon eos 350d with a few little gadgets

Engineer
Monday 1st May 2006, 14:47
Excellent pictures Rich car looks the nuts, camera may be a good one but you still got to know how to use it. Why don't you come to the meet next W/E seeing as J just promoted you?

fraz13
Monday 1st May 2006, 14:54
Aye then up here the following week :haha:

One of ma own night shots outside the City Chambers in Glasgow around 11pm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/Picture016a.jpg

jimka
Monday 1st May 2006, 15:39
great shots, cars looks lovely and a great camera too... when i get some pennies together i am saving up for the 350d... what other toys were you using? i presume a tripod for one!

BigJC
Monday 1st May 2006, 17:43
Wobbly, you should have at least cleaned the car before the pictures were taken ;)

Rich, maybe a career in photography beckons? Whack some pics into photo editors of mags like TG or EVO, you never know!

Redbrick
Monday 1st May 2006, 21:01
Love that Selfridges shot :)

After_Shock
Monday 1st May 2006, 21:20
Excellent pics dave well viking! Agree with redbrick very good shot, nice bit of illegal parking aswell down at the bullring!

Vikingxl
Monday 1st May 2006, 22:04
Excellent pictures Rich car looks the nuts, camera may be a good one but you still got to know how to use it. Why don't you come to the meet next W/E seeing as J just promoted you?
Sadly wont be able to make that one mate as i have a few things that need to be sorted out before i can get away for a weekend.Maybe next time

Andy
Monday 1st May 2006, 23:19
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i146/blockaz/img_0020.jpg
Pure Class!!

The Saint
Tuesday 2nd May 2006, 08:10
Great pictures there! They look like they could have come straight out of a sales brochure for Volvo ;)

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 2nd May 2006, 10:03
Sorry Officer. Accident prevention (cause less accidents on the road - park on the pavement!!).

Presta fast wax is what I use btw.

I was very pleased with the selfridges, particularly as it is a flashing sign - so you have to pick the moment.

mulletboy2
Monday 8th May 2006, 19:40
Superb pics, and lovely car Dave :) I'd completely forgotten that conversation about the CD changer that you had with Jen until a few minutes ago ... that trip we were on to Gatwick took 4 hours, via the Dartford tunnel, due to a diversion! I'd almost successfully wiped all recollection of it from memory .. but damn, nice car :D