PDA

View Full Version : Has Anybody Ever Done It

T5ER
Sunday 30th April 2006, 21:00
not quiet what you are thinking but has anyone ever fitted or though about fitting a water injection system on there car and does any one know the pro`s and con`s of this i have seen a cosy and a gmc cyclone pick up truck (both with over 350bhp in them)and the owners have told me its a must to keep the inlet manifold temps and that down

Any thoughts pees

BlackBeast
Sunday 30th April 2006, 21:18
Whitey has water injection iirc.

Plenty of other things to do before water injection imo.

Redbrick
Sunday 30th April 2006, 21:40
I've got Aquamist 1s water injection...

It's sat in the cardboard box in my garage for the last three years.

Anyone want it?

BlackBeast
Sunday 30th April 2006, 21:43

Anyone want it?

Why not fit it as you have it?

T5ER
Sunday 30th April 2006, 21:45

Anyone want it?

£10 and i will take it hey if you dont ask you dont know let me know postage and will pay for that

T5ER
Sunday 30th April 2006, 21:46
Whitey has water injection iirc.

Plenty of other things to do before water injection imo.

true but why not anyway (brakes first after mot) then bhp upgrades

BlackBeast
Sunday 30th April 2006, 21:59
true but why not anyway (brakes first after mot) then bhp upgrades

Fair enough for £10 you cant complain, but, there are so many other parts that you should prioritise yourself with first. Water injection shouldnt be thought of/bought as a bhp upgrade, its more of a safety device for those running high boost levels.

T5ER
Sunday 30th April 2006, 22:18
Fair enough for £10 you cant complain, but, there are so many other parts that you should prioritise yourself with first. Water injection shouldnt be thought of/bought as a bhp upgrade, its more of a safety device for those running high boost levels.

i can see were you are coming from but at the mo i cant afford much hence the delay in getting lunatic on the road i am trying to raise funds to buy the big bits for his mot (abs ecu) then can start looking at rica/turbo/injector upgrades

BlackBeast
Sunday 30th April 2006, 22:31
i am trying to raise funds to buy the big bits for his mot (abs ecu)

Just checking, you know wobbly dave repairs abs ecus right?

T5ER
Sunday 30th April 2006, 22:59
Just checking, you know wobbly dave repairs abs ecus right?

beyond repair mate cicuit board is cracked due to some w4nker trying to fix it b4 i bought the car but hey never mind siamblue has got one for me

BlackBeast
Sunday 30th April 2006, 23:35
beyond repair mate cicuit board is cracked due to some w4nker trying to fix it b4 i bought the car but hey never mind siamblue has got one for me

Ah right, thought id say just in case you were buying a new one or something :)

Wobbly Dave
Monday 1st May 2006, 10:33
Not worth the money IMHO

elliot
Monday 1st May 2006, 16:45
Not worth the money IMHO

Interesting why is that?I have found it great,its not as good just injecting water though much more effective when a mix is injected.It also depends what you want it for,as a saftey net to keep intake temps down and help prevent knock? or to write an agressive timing map around?
I do agree about there being other things to do before it though,bigger turbo 3inch exhaust etc.But if you want to keep a fairly std car chip and 2.5inch exhaust happy and running well its a good investment i think.