PDA

View Full Version : South West motor show!

T5SLAVE
Sunday 30th April 2006, 20:57
I haven't alot of time to write this thread up so please excuse it's lack of info. I'd like to make y'all aware of the SWMS...

http://www.southwestmotorshow.com/

Could be a nice jolly for some o you folks up country?:B_steerin
The show is gettin bigger every year, it's in it's 5th now I believe. I attended the 1st one way back when I had a series 1, the last fast Ford I owned, and the shows organiser was a one George Massey, who's an RS fanatic!

I wouldn't like to talk or suggest anything out of turn but would a VPCUK stand be a ridiculous idea???could be another get together oppo (sorry I missed VT yesterday folks:sorry:) for the more avid members of this site and a chance for some nice Ovlov's to go on display :) Would that be a job for MrsM or Justin? Just a thought...

Let me know what y'all think, if anyone is thinking of coming down let me know as I'd be well up for attending as I am only ever 5 mins away from it's location:)

L8rs dudz...

Mrsmopp
Sunday 30th April 2006, 21:23
Interesting......What is the core clientel? Big zorts and bodykits or a good mixture?

x

BlackBeast
Sunday 30th April 2006, 21:28
Interesting......What is the core clientel? Big zorts and bodykits or a good mixture?

x

From the gallerys, it looks like bodykits, ice installs, large chrome alloys and lexus lights. If we turned up I dont think wed have a lot of interest, but the again, it may swing the other way and loads of people might come up to us and ask why we havent done any modifications lol

MattB
Sunday 30th April 2006, 21:45
I'll bring me miniskirt and southwestcruising.com crop-top... lol!! :uglyhamme

T5SLAVE
Sunday 30th April 2006, 21:48
ohh I'm gonna be sooo l8!

The 1st year it was held I attended, as u know, and although it was largely boy racer types, there was alot of interest from the "general public" and there were quite a few stands that included classic cars and some other unusual stuff...like tanks n things...yeah yeah I know it's strange but true...oh and before anyone drops the classic, no there weren't any tractors :) LOL!

I appreciate ur thoughts and concearns re the kind of show the VPCUK would wanna be seen @ but maybe it would just be good to get in amongst it all anyway? :B_steerin

I attended the show as a spectator 2 years ago. It was much bigger than the 1st and I think if memory serves me the stuff there was of all catagories again with a few other bits n pieces goin on besides just motors...

Please bear this in mind tho, I am a very open minded person but if someone (even a hardcore T5 owner) had approached me some years ago and said I would one day own a T5...and like it an awful lot, I would have thought it highly unlikely but that's exactly what's happened. Maybe seeing a bunch of avid Volvo owners at a show such as SWMS would go down well, we're all petrol heads in some shape or form at the end of the day...
:thewave:

T5ER
Sunday 30th April 2006, 21:51
not for me any more i am more into the retro looks/standard looks cars not into all that bling bling looks whats the point in having a motor that looks like £10,000 with its paint job and £8,000 of ice but is only a 1.0/1.3 i prefer now a days subtle discreet looks but more oooommph than a side winder missle