PDA

View Full Version : Apollo spacecraft

chriskay
Monday 24th April 2006, 17:12
Had a great driving day on Saturday with other HPC members. We swapped cars a lot. Just had a message posted on the HPC website, thanking me for the loan of mine & saying " an auto Volvo estate, with the turbo out of Apollo 13"
:B_steerin

Vikingxl
Monday 24th April 2006, 17:27
Thats a great compliment!

JUDGENINJA
Monday 24th April 2006, 18:34
It sounded like a good day.... anymore info....

chriskay
Monday 24th April 2006, 21:33
It sounded like a good day.... anymore info....
While 3 others were out playing with mine, I drove an Alfa 75 from 1993. 2.5 litre V6 with a clutch on its last legs & tricky to engage 1st. Very high geared. A lot of fun, but challenging after my auto. Some great Cotswold roads & a couple of very experienced police class 1 members as co-drivers. Anyone who really wants to learn to drive well should consider HPC. It may seem expensive at £1000 for the course, but hey; some people spend that on new wheels. Once you're a member, you have the opportunity to drive with other members, sometimes in some exotic machinery.

racer
Tuesday 25th April 2006, 07:17
> with the turbo out of Apollo 13

Hmmm. Now if he'd said "Turbo out of an Apollo spacecraft" then you'd know it was a compliment. It's the 13 bit that's worrying. Sort of implies there was a loud bang and it blew the panels off your engine bay! SPOOK !

chriskay
Tuesday 25th April 2006, 09:26
> with the turbo out of Apollo 13

Hmmm. Now if he'd said "Turbo out of an Apollo spacecraft" then you'd know it was a compliment. It's the 13 bit that's worrying. Sort of implies there was a loud bang and it blew the panels off your engine bay! SPOOK !

Hmmm; hadn't thought of that. :wtf:

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 25th April 2006, 09:38
Yeah the words "Houston - we have a problem" spring to mind...

or in my case - the eagle has landed (in a field)

racer
Wednesday 26th April 2006, 07:20
Any landing you walk away from is a good landing!