PDA

View Full Version : Roof Spoiler

gibbo
Saturday 19th March 2005, 19:42
I have just purchased a roof spoiler for me 855.
Does anyone know of where to get the fitting kit?
Are the genuine (volvo) items only?
In your opinion how much would you expect to pay for a roof spoiler (in prima) to be painted & fitted????????????????????????????????????????
:rolleyes:

mailee
Sunday 20th March 2005, 06:21
I think the only place to get the fitting kit is the dealer, maybe E-bay if you are lucky. As for the cost, name your price. I think anything just shy of £100 seems to be the norm. If it is a genuine Vovlo part you can double that figure. I found myself one on E-bay, not an original but a damn good copy. Luckily one of the guys on the forum sent me his old fitting kit as vandals had tried to detatch it, I straightened one of the brackets and used this. It was in primer of course just took it to work and painted it. Looks the business though. If I can find the E-bay site I will post it for you. Cost me about £80. Hope this helps.

mailee
Sunday 20th March 2005, 08:47
Here is the E-bay one and it is much cheaper now! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=72209&item=7962797876&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
It comes without the fitting kit but they are around £30 from the dealer.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 20th March 2005, 09:26
Roof spoiler fitting kit is 28 quid from Volvo and I think that inclusive of Very Awkward Tax

Salvo may have the kit and other spoliers to so it is worthgiving them a ring plus you get member discount from this forum. http://www.salvogroup.co.uk/salvosite.htm

Telephone +44 (0) 115 944 5644

E-mail sales@salvogroup.co.uk

gibbo
Sunday 20th March 2005, 09:26
Yeah cheers same site as i got mine.

gibbo
Sunday 20th March 2005, 09:27
Excellent cheers dave.
Now just to wait for it to arrive & then get it painted.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 20th March 2005, 09:31
gibbo check the additional edits to my post

gibbo
Sunday 20th March 2005, 09:42
Cheers again i'll be on the blower 1st thing in the morning.

Gibbo