PDA

View Full Version : C70 FHT Demo

The Saint
Friday 21st April 2006, 08:54
I had the T5 version of the new C70 FHT last night as a demo from my company - what a wonderful car. I've added a couple of piccies (taken from my mobile so not great quality) and a few likes/dislikes for information.

Smooth, progressive power with lots of torque, through a fabulous gearbox
Lovely engine noise with no real turbo sound (couldn't find much turbo lag either)
Comfortable seats
Very roomy cabin
Nicely laid out dashboard, with easy accessible controls (it has cruise control but I didn't use it)
Absolutely fantastic Dolby Pro Logic stereo system (I've only heard better sound in the Lexus RX300/400)
Looks gorgeous and it had lots of attention!

Dislikes:

Not much room between clutch pedal and centre console (my foot kept getting stuck, and had no foot rest)
Roof rattles a little when driving (and operation of opening/closing roof is slow)
Needs 4-wheel drive option, it slips and slides all over the place when pulling away in 1st!
Steering a bit too light

Overall, it's a fantastic car and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I had the money!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/ScoobySnacks23/image_00036.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/ScoobySnacks23/image_00037.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/ScoobySnacks23/image_00038.jpg

S40xs
Friday 21st April 2006, 09:02
Jammy bugger, glad you enjoyed the ride - Some of us can only dream about having a drive in one of these babies (Well for the moment!)

The piccie's turned out pretty well, apart from the centre console.
Did you manage to drive it with the roof down at all?

What size shoe are you fella, sounds kinda worrying that theres not a great deal of space between the clutch and centre console - maybe Volvo's reasoning behind this is you can use the cruise control and put your feet up on the dash board :cool:

The Saint
Friday 21st April 2006, 10:10
I put the roof down on the way back from the pub - can't have it overnight and not use it!! It was freezing!

I'm only a size 8, so any fellas out there with clodhoppers for feet may suffer!

S40xs
Friday 21st April 2006, 11:27
I put the roof down on the way back from the pub - can't have it overnight and not use it!! It was freezing!

I'm only a size 8, so any fellas out there with clodhoppers for feet may suffer!

So i'd have fun with my size 9 cat boots then.
Thanks for the heads up, i'm sure people will have more questions for you later.

Mike

Liddo
Friday 21st April 2006, 12:46
"Lets get a whiff of that new car smell" :D Mmmmmmmmmm

After_Shock
Saturday 22nd April 2006, 08:27
You shouldnt have been hammering it in 1st to get it to slide all over!

No offence theres no sound systems that Lexus offer that better the Dynaudio set up, probably only ones on the market that are better are the likes of the Linn systems in the Astons.

Roof operation should take longer so more people get to see it working!

The Saint
Tuesday 25th April 2006, 08:28
You shouldnt have been hammering it in 1st to get it to slide all over!

No offence theres no sound systems that Lexus offer that better the Dynaudio set up, probably only ones on the market that are better are the likes of the Linn systems in the Astons.

Roof operation should take longer so more people get to see it working!

I wasn't totally hammering it (it had done 3.5K already) but it just slid a little ;)

I disagree on the hi-fi front - I had an RX400 earlier this year and thought the hi-fi was fantastic - you don't get much better that Harmon Kardon in my estimation.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 25th April 2006, 08:29
Were you in the SE LUX?

The Saint
Tuesday 25th April 2006, 09:07
It was, yes.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 25th April 2006, 09:26
Odd you should say that you were overly impressed with the dynaudio setup coz when I heard that 14 speaker thang in the showroom I thought it was one of the best I had heard in ages.

Ultimate question would be - would you buy one?

I am gonna wait to see if the C30 is a better car.

pzorb
Tuesday 25th April 2006, 13:01
I am gonna wait to see if the C30 is a better car. Surely it's a bit of Smart car in comparison? (no offence Murphy! edit: and now viking! worrying trend... I'll bookmark www.C30T5.co.uk now :slap: )

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 25th April 2006, 13:26
but how do you know it's gonna be a T5 engine in the C30? Actually you are probably right. The last I heard it was gonna be a 2.4 litre 5 pot 260BHP beasty - and knowing Volvo there will undoubtably be a turbo somewhere!

The Saint
Tuesday 25th April 2006, 15:29
Odd you should say that you were overly impressed with the dynaudio setup coz when I heard that 14 speaker thang in the showroom I thought it was one of the best I had heard in ages.

Ultimate question would be - would you buy one?

I was very impressed Dave, just mentioned that I thought the Lexus RX series was better.

And yes I would buy one, I thought it was a fab car. The wife loved it!