PDA

View Full Version : Removing front grille

V8guitar
Saturday 19th March 2005, 08:56
I know I'm not the most technically minded here, but I'm trying to remove my front grille ( V70 P2 ) and can't get it off.

Found 3 clips at the bottom and released those but its still attached at the top and can't see what is holding it on. Anyone any ideas apart from visit the dealer ???

Justin
Saturday 19th March 2005, 08:57
Theres about 8 clips in all, then it needs to be prised out carefully, they tend to stick :)

V8guitar
Tuesday 22nd March 2005, 15:56
Hmmm, that's the point, can't see the top clips! They see to be covered over...its very odd! Will ask volvo dealer to show me how to remove.

Anyway, the reason behind this was that the S60 egg box grill does not fit and I'm sick of the chrome, so in a moment of madness, I sprayed it....still on the car!!

Managed to avoid overspray ( blanked everything off including behind ) and it looks sooooo much better.

Not sure how long before the paint chips off though!!

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 22nd March 2005, 15:58
Mines blacked out too!! Really finishes off the front end look!

x

lance
Tuesday 22nd March 2005, 16:11
mmm, got me thinking too!
Wheres that black paint I had once!

glock19
Wednesday 23rd March 2005, 00:23
I feel that dark coloured car doesn't benefit much from this treatment. Those which are yellow (forgive the pun), red, white, etc looks better with the chrome grill gone.

MattB
Tuesday 14th June 2005, 21:23
Sprayed mine too - also have a spare grille if anyone is interested....

rs_andy
Tuesday 14th June 2005, 22:15
I'm still looking for a replacement volvo badge as mine broke when I took it off to spray the grill black :doh: so if anyone has one ......