PDA

View Full Version : Hissy fit?

01c70t5
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 19:59
Just been spending a bit of time getting to know the T5's engine. Initially I thought it was losing water, either that or standing in traffic it got a bit thirsty.

However, I noticed a hissing on the drivers side of the engine, seemingly somewhere near the manifold. I couldn't get my hands close enough without touching something too hot!

Any thoughts? Anyone?

T5ER
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 20:00
maybe got a snake stuck in there mate lol sorry it`s no help just my sense of humor and b4 anybody else does it to me :troutslap :troutslap :troutslap

T5ER
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 20:02
this might help more mate http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9573

01c70t5
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 20:08
It doesn't seem to be losing that much water, except after its been sat idling (or moving very slowly) in traffic and building up heat. Nice dry carpets, even after todays torrential rain.

T5ER
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 20:11
could be a very slight split or the rad might just be seeping very slowly or even the i/c, my professional advice as a spanner man but now retired is to take it to a garage and ask them to pressure test it when its cold mate that way any leaks should be detected

dicky b t5
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 20:38
Just been spending a bit of time getting to know the T5's engine. Initially I thought it was losing water, either that or standing in traffic it got a bit thirsty.

However, I noticed a hissing on the drivers side of the engine, seemingly somewhere near the manifold. I couldn't get my hands close enough without touching something too hot!

Any thoughts? Anyone?
That Sounds like you might have a split Elbow, me thinks..!

But that wont make you lose water though.

Check the Elbow for the Hissing Noise.

blackbooty
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 22:30

Any thoughts? Anyone?

check to see if its the filler cap on the header tank mate, spring maybe weak and releasing pressure and water at too lower temp.
wayne

racer
Thursday 20th April 2006, 01:13
Thermostat gasket? That's on the driver's side of the engine by the inlet manifold.