PDA

View Full Version : FAO: North East Members

Andy
Friday 6th May 2005, 12:28
Alloy Wheel Refurbing

I've just put my set of Titans in to get refurb'd at a place called D & S Coatings in Bedlington.

Having looked around for ages to find a refurb place the only one I could find was SEM in sunderland who charge £47.50 a wheel, needless to say i didn't go there.

If you or a mate needs wheels doing I would recommend D & S for price I don't think you'll find any cheaper.

Their work is top notch, they showed me around the warehouse where all the done wheels were hanging, very impressive.

Ring or visit them for a quote, they done me a cracking deal :)

the full address details are:

D & S Coatings
Quantip House,
Gooch Avenue,
Barrington Industrial Estate,
Bedlington
NE22 7DQ
Tel: 01670 828855

Go on, you know you wanna ;)

After_Shock
Friday 6th May 2005, 13:14
So how much they charge?

Bit far North like.

Andy
Friday 6th May 2005, 13:24
So how much they charge?

Bit far North like.

They charged me £110 for all 4 :D

M44K TS
Friday 6th May 2005, 18:40
Romax on Portrac Lane in Stockton do them for the same price, and the quality of the finish is amazing

Have you got any pics of the wheels?

macV70R
Friday 6th May 2005, 20:11
Hi,

there is a place over the road from me in shiremoor, Newcastle called Betta Blast.. I got told he was good & he charges around £100 for four wheels.

I am gonna give him a BLAST soon as my 17s need doing.. :slap:

Mac

After_Shock
Friday 6th May 2005, 20:24
I presume you all have standard alloy colour wheels not the graphite?

Andy
Saturday 7th May 2005, 17:11
I presume you all have standard alloy colour wheels not the graphite?

No the wheels are graphite.

Andy
Saturday 7th May 2005, 17:12
Romax on Portrac Lane in Stockton do them for the same price, and the quality of the finish is amazing

Have you got any pics of the wheels?

No pictures as yet, however i'll post them ASAP

macV70R
Saturday 7th May 2005, 19:59
Mine are graphite aswell, however i dont know if 100 quid will include this type.... I havent been in to see him yet.

Mac

After_Shock
Saturday 7th May 2005, 20:04
Andy thats a very good price with them being graphite, did they re-paint them?

Andy
Sunday 8th May 2005, 07:43
Andy thats a very good price with them being graphite, did they re-paint them?

yes they are repainting them. they have a colour chart you choose the colour you want. there is thousands to choose from

Andy
Monday 9th May 2005, 16:21
Well, got the wheels back from the paintshop today and I am AMAZED with the quality of the work.

Im sure Justin will tell you that one of the wheels was in a bit of a state (but hey whats expected of 10yr old wheels) and if you look at it now it looks brand new, you can't tell where the kerbing was whatsoever and the scratches that were of the face of a spoke are completely gone.

The other 3 wheels had minor kerbing which has all gone now!

the wheels are very slightly lighter than volvo's original colour but i don't mind as its the condition of the wheels i was wanting sorted.

I am getting my new tyres put on soon and ill take some pictures when there on the car.

Well done D & S!!!

Andy

wide-eyed-boy
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 16:36
Hi Andy,
Could I just ask how long it took? I'm after getting mine done but I haven't got any spares.

M44K TS
Thursday 19th May 2005, 19:48
same here

Wobbly Dave
Friday 20th May 2005, 00:19
Taken any pics yet, Andy??

After_Shock
Friday 20th May 2005, 00:32
Sounds good, always nice when somewhere does a good job at the right price!

Andy
Saturday 28th May 2005, 13:45
Hi Andy,
Could I just ask how long it took? I'm after getting mine done but I haven't got any spares.

sorry didn't reply earlier.

I dropped the wheels off on a friday afternoon and they were back with me monday afternoon.

Andy
Saturday 28th May 2005, 13:46
Taken any pics yet, Andy??

Not yet mate :(

Sowwy ;)

wide-eyed-boy
Saturday 28th May 2005, 19:09
Cheers Andy,

I've give them a bell and I'm taking mine in when my dad goes on holiday so I can nab his car for a couple of days and leave mine chocked up.

K1ngy
Friday 17th June 2005, 09:53
Well chaps, will have to get the wheel done on mine as the missus thought that kerbs moved for her but by the looks of my front rim, obviously not. Still 3 weeks hard labour should make her realise not to kerb the R.

Well mine are also graphite and Im going to try some of these places today. For £100 not bad at all, if that is the cost for the graphite ones....

Andy
Friday 17th June 2005, 15:12
Well chaps, will have to get the wheel done on mine as the missus thought that kerbs moved for her but by the looks of my front rim, obviously not. Still 3 weeks hard labour should make her realise not to kerb the R.

Well mine are also graphite and Im going to try some of these places today. For £100 not bad at all, if that is the cost for the graphite ones....

How'd you get on Neil!?

Richie-T5
Friday 24th February 2006, 13:01
Hi,

there is a place over the road from me in shiremoor, Newcastle called Betta Blast.. I got told he was good & he charges around £100 for four wheels.

I am gonna give him a BLAST soon as my 17s need doing.. :slap:

Mac

i can confirm these guys used to do all my rally x wheels cheap just behind patterson ford ! very very very good !!!

Richie

After_Shock
Sunday 5th March 2006, 18:59
Is it possible to change the colour or get split rim wheels re done as they have the bolts in the rims so cant be easy to paint?!