PDA

View Full Version : What ECU do I have?

StrictlySocial
Saturday 19th March 2005, 01:02
OK, as you may have seen in the new members section, I have just bought an ex-police T5 which I heard have the ECU upgraded (to R spec?). Anyway, I was just wondering if there is anyway I can determine what ECU I have in my car.

Thanks,
SS

Justin
Saturday 19th March 2005, 09:03
It will be a bosh montronic V4.3 mate, you can take it out and have a look, just remove the plastic cover off the box :)

glock19
Saturday 19th March 2005, 14:57
I don't think the V4.3 is displayed anywhere on the ECU. Maybe some 10 digit numbers spaced out 4 times. If upgraded, you'll need a particular PC to check the mapping.

StrictlySocial
Sunday 20th March 2005, 00:02
So would I have to take it to a Volvo garage to find this out? I will have at the ECU tommorow to see if there is any info on there which may help.

glock19
Sunday 20th March 2005, 00:58
It's not necessary, just read the numbers when the cover of the box is opened. The box is located on the left side of the engine behind the filler of the windscreen washer. The ECU should be on the right (without TRACS) or centre (with TRACS). Version wise is Motronic v4.3 (for 850 series) but just mark the numbers after the BOSCH wordings. Older cars would have the number written on the side. Ensure that the ignition key is off (best is to remove the key) and pull the lever on the ECU & lift it up for further veiwing.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 20th March 2005, 11:00
You may have to use a punch and a small hammer or a good set of pliers to release the security strap.