PDA

View Full Version : V70R Auto

N Gauge Modeller
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 17:58
General info please. Running a V70R classic shape. Thought it may be nice to mod it slightly. Have been advised no point in putting dump valves, etc on an Auto so thought I would go for body mods. Can anyone advise source for twin exhaust system and also matching rear bumper with cut-outs for same.
Currently about to order grille and front air dam parts from Heico Sportiv.
Any advice / comments appreciated.
Cheers
Bob

fraz13
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 18:27
Hi mate

I aint going to start on the DV thing again but you can have 1 if you want as long as the car aint ME7, do a search on here to see other peoples thoughts, Some for some against...

Any place that does custom exhausts should be able to make you one and if yoiu can source a AWD bumper it should have the exit on the right and the blanking plate to remove on the left, Other than that just cut the original bumper like I did

Get some pics up of before n after ;)

siamblue
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 19:57
Hi If you want to midly mod, I would go for a remap or a chip, I am having a remap on my V70R auto next week, only other mods i am doing is strut brace, clear front lights and HID,

Gary.

PS What colour/phase is your R?

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 23:56
what map did you decide to go for?

siamblue
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 09:25
what map did you decide to go for?

Hi Dave I am waiting for Marco to come back from the Far East and he is going to map my car,

Gary.

N Gauge Modeller
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 07:23
Hi Guys. Thanks for the advice. I managed to find an AWD rear bumper in the same colour as mine for £100 which I thought was OK. Contemplating now whether to go for twin standard exhausts, two big 'uns or twins either side...decisions, decisions!!!
I will up load a couple of photos asap...family probs at the moment tend to delay most activities.
Cheers
Bob

macV70R
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 08:07
I have a twin exit BSR stainless exhaust fitted, check my sig for a pic.
If your interested I can get details on where I bought it and how much it was.

Mac.

fraz13
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 11:44
Av got single 4" pipe out of each side as well, Check out my Volvo garage for pics, Mine was hand crafted but PM if you want a price.....

N Gauge Modeller
Saturday 3rd June 2006, 18:26
I have a twin exit BSR stainless exhaust fitted, check my sig for a pic.
If your interested I can get details on where I bought it and how much it was.

Mac.

Hi Mac.
That would be most useful, thanks
I managed to pick up a second hand twin exit bumper from a scrappy up north off a V70R AWD for £100 delivered, so that's a start.
Should have my camera back soon so will take piccies as I go although may not start for a while yet due top other things going on.
Cheers
Bob

Baj
Saturday 3rd June 2006, 20:28
How wide is the pipe hole on the AWD? I have 2 pipes each side and would like something a little better than the cut holes I currently sport.

Fraz, who did yours. Let me know costs and stuff. Posty still not come, but neither has my guage :(

macV70R
Sunday 4th June 2006, 11:27
Hi Mac.
That would be most useful, thanks
I managed to pick up a second hand twin exit bumper from a scrappy up north off a V70R AWD for £100 delivered, so that's a start.
Should have my camera back soon so will take piccies as I go although may not start for a while yet due top other things going on.
Cheers
Bob

I will pm you the details when I go to work.....thats where all my paperwork is:)

Mac