PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette Lighter Plug in the back

Azza
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 11:59
I've got a cigarette lighter plug in the back "console" just above the 2 back electric window switches are and next to the "back speaker switch" - which i have no idea of it's function!

My question is that this plug has, at the moment, like a dummy cigarette lighter plug in it, with the "12V" written on it, and it's seemingly stuck in place.

I was wondering if this is in fact a live connection, or do i have to get it connected up properly ? I was also wondering how much something like this would cost ?

Reason is that my little one often watches her DVD player which requires plugging in, and i need to plug in my FM transmitter too and i don't really want to get a dual-adapter, i'd much rather do it "properly".

Thanks,

Azza

Baj
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 12:05
AFAIK it is a standard 12v lighter socket so will have a 12v feed to it. It is there for such things as plugging in useful items like dvd players ;)

Probably connected through the ignition accessories and not permanent live

Azza
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 12:10
Yeah it just looks like one of those "dummy switches" like when you buy a car that doesn't have all the optional extras on so they've just added some plastic to it so it doesn't just have a gaping hole there!

I wonder how much that would be to hook up....i shall phone my local dealer..

Azza

fraz13
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 12:29
It is live at the moment, Plug something in to make sure....

Azza
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 12:37
Hmm ok, i'll give it a go, i'm not too sure though, the "dummy plug" that's in there at the moment seemed pretty fixed, i'll have to give it a good old tug!

Azza

Waxworks
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 13:52
Hmm ok, i'll give it a go, i'm not too sure though, the "dummy plug" that's in there at the moment seemed pretty fixed, i'll have to give it a good old tug!

Azza

The dummy plug covers the socket to stop childrens fingers from going inside.
As Fraz said it should be live, but might be ignition live.
:)