PDA

View Full Version : A few questions....Brakes

Bison
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 11:52
I need rear brakes for my 850, discs are ok buy I notice you can buy Shoes and pads, which do I need for an 854 T5 1995?

Bison

mike 850
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 12:23
as far as i know its shoes for the handbrake and pads for the normal brakes so depends on which ones are gone?
hope this helps

Bison
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 21:59
Greatly, cheers mate it's pads I need!

Bison

Straker
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 22:22
Mike speaks the truth the 850 has disks front and rear the shoes are for the handbrake.

I recently changed all mine. If you are going to change the shoes then you will need to remove the rear calipers. Just make sure you get a set of proper brake pipe spanners and even then it's no guarantee, as I found out :slap:

T5ER
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 22:29
know that feeling well i have all the proper spanners but still need to get two brake pipe ends and reflare my rear pipes on my astra van as i was going to replace the cylinders tonight but failed

Straker
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 22:43
know that feeling well i have all the proper spanners but still need to get two brake pipe ends and reflare my rear pipes on my astra van as i was going to replace the cylinders tonight but failed

After bitter experiance brakes are £££££££s. I gave myself 2 days over the weekend to do mine and still had to take monday off to finish the job.

Still having done the 302mm bake conversion it was worth it, just... :dunce:

Cheers