PDA

View Full Version : 19T question

darkstar
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 11:25
I am researching the 19T route for extracting some more power. The car is a 2000 C70 t5. Can anyone advise wether the 19t will just bolt straight on or wether some custom fabricating will be required to fit.

And can the 19t be run with the standard c70 exhaust system?

Also is it better to get the 19t fitted after or before a RICA re-map?

volvotuning
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 11:33
I am researching the 19T route for extracting some more power. The car is a 2000 C70 t5. Can anyone advise wether the 19t will just bolt straight on or wether some custom fabricating will be required to fit.

And can the 19t be run with the standard c70 exhaust system?

Also is it better to get the 19t fitted after or before a RICA re-map?

Yes it will bolt straight on, with no other mods. Best to get it fitted before a remap, and then have it custom mapped for the turbo.

However, I would highly recommend a 3" race-cat downpipe with the 19T as it will really free up the turbo and allow you to get the most out of it.

Adam.

darkstar
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 11:35
thanks adam.

the hunt for a 19T continues...........

darkstar
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 14:13
BTW how much would I be looking at for a 19T unit? will fit it myself.

volvotuning
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 14:15
Used ones I have no idea, because we only supply new units which cost about £560 + VAT.

Adam.

darkstar
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 14:23
with the 19t and a re-map what ball park power figure could I expect?

Murphy
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 14:30
Didn't take long to start your modding plans Darkstar ;)

volvotuning
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 14:35
with the 19t and a re-map what ball park power figure could I expect?

Without the race-cat downpipe, around 320-330 bhp.

Adam.

darkstar
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 15:05
thanks adam. thats just what I wanted to hear.

Murphy - every car Ive ever owned Ive modded and now Ive got a solid platfom like the c70 to start from my plans for a powerful sleeper can take shape.

also will an uprated clutch be necessary or will the standard volvo one deal wit the extra grunt.

After_Shock
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 19:09
Standard clutch will be more than fine, unless the car has done galactic mileages.

darkstar
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 10:09
well ive just had a browse throught the forum and come accross a thread about using an 18t instead of a 19t.

Will the flow/boost characteristics of the two models be similair? What are the differences between the two design wise?

Im really confused now as to wether going for an 18t would be easier (they seem to be easier to get hold of) and produce virtually the same end result as the 19t.

Someone help.........please!

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 10:13
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9616 Is that the thread you are refferring to? If so I think most people have recommended the 19T over the 18T

x

volvotuning
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 10:18
An 18T will cost you more because most come with straight flanges so won't be a straight swap on your 2000 motor, unless you can find an angled flange one which is quite rare.

The 19T is the better turbo.

Adam.

darkstar
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 10:31
adam - do you do a package incorporating the 19t and the Rica map for a set price?

I know this is gonna cost me £££££'s and I am determined to research this fully before deciding to go for it.

cheers for all the comments and suggestions guys.

After_Shock
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 20:06
In a nutshell the 19T is the easiest and effectively cheapest turbo upgrade to go with as its a bolt on item and the results from a standard car are quite surprising!

volvotuning
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 22:00
adam - do you do a package incorporating the 19t and the Rica map for a set price?

I'll work out a price for you. Drop me a pm to remind me!

Adam.

darkstar
Friday 21st April 2006, 13:01
I have heard that the 19t tends to boost spike lower down the rev range and can have the unfortunate result of bending rods! Obviously if any turbo is set up incorrectly it can have that effect but its something that does concern me.

Cheers Adam I'll be in touch about the price -Cheers

Mrsmopp
Friday 21st April 2006, 14:22
I have heard that the 19t tends to boost spike lower down the rev range and can have the unfortunate result of bending rods! Obviously if any turbo is set up incorrectly it can have that effect but its something that does concern me.

Yes if you dont have the right map

x