PDA

View Full Version : cbv blanking what do i do with vacuum pipe

rich850t5
Friday 18th March 2005, 20:39
:hail: :B_newbie: :thewave: :bow_kneel :wizardtro :wave23d: i have seen how to section but cant find a mention on this cheers :hail: :hilarious

Pedro Fandango
Friday 18th March 2005, 22:40
you can either remove it altogether from the vac tree or use it on your dump valve

rich850t5
Friday 18th March 2005, 23:11
CHEER'S pedro i wasn't sure if had to go on to something else rich

Pedro Fandango
Friday 18th March 2005, 23:35
no worries mate, as its not having the cbv to open it just becomes redundant

rich850t5
Friday 18th March 2005, 23:41
pedro are you able to tell me if my bailey dump vale is gonna cause me probs ive read that it needs to be a dble piston idont think this one is (dv26)cheers rich

Pedro Fandango
Friday 18th March 2005, 23:43
i haven't got a DV myself, but do understand that you need a double piston if you've got a MAF sensor (like T-5's do, what difference it should make i have no idea mate)

rich850t5
Saturday 19th March 2005, 00:02
sorry new to turbo cars what is a maf sensor? i see that it can be removed what does that do?cheers rich

Pedro Fandango
Saturday 19th March 2005, 00:12
no the MAF sensor measures the air going into the engine for the ecu so it needs to stay put

Bracer
Monday 21st March 2005, 09:39
Have you got this all sorted now or have you still got questions ?

Steve

rich850t5
Monday 21st March 2005, 18:49
sorry steve for the late reply,no not sorted yet ive got the boost gauge fitted(autogauge) ive also blanked off the cbv so that side of things seem ok but my main problem is the fitting of the mbc which pipe's do i plumb into ive got a hayne's manual which explains these as A:BOOST PRESSURE HOSE B:THE BYPASS VALVE HOSE C:PRESSURE REGULATOR HOSE jeez i must be thick i just can't seem to get it from you diagram i just dont want to get it wrong YOU ARE THIS SITE'S BIBLE who else could i trust cheers again steve hope to here from you soon.

siamblue
Tuesday 22nd March 2005, 00:13
sorry steve for the late reply,no not sorted yet ive got the boost gauge fitted(autogauge) ive also blanked off the cbv so that side of things seem ok but my main problem is the fitting of the mbc which pipe's do i plumb into ive got a hayne's manual which explains these as A:BOOST PRESSURE HOSE B:THE BYPASS VALVE HOSE C:PRESSURE REGULATOR HOSE jeez i must be thick i just can't seem to get it from you diagram i just dont want to get it wrong YOU ARE THIS SITE'S BIBLE who else could i trust cheers again steve hope to here from you soon.

Took me a little while too to fit the MBC,The instructions i got were't that clear,In the end i got a link off a Yankee website wit pics,That tells you which pipe/colour does what and goes where.

rich850t5
Tuesday 22nd March 2005, 21:02
Yeah This All Sorted Now Thanks To All Especially Pedro He Da Man!

Pedro Fandango
Wednesday 23rd March 2005, 15:11
Yeah This All Sorted Now Thanks To All Especially Pedro He Da Man!
no problem mate ;)

Bracer
Thursday 24th March 2005, 10:24
Sorry we kept missing each other, just glad its all sorted now !