PDA

View Full Version : Avon Park Today

T5ER
Monday 17th April 2006, 22:39
nice to meet a few of you today it was really nice to meet some of you guys,would like to say a big thanks to bigtony for the antiroll bar cheers for that brings me one step closer to getting the car done.Would like to say a big THANKYOU to wobbly for giving me the keys to his new pride and joy and letting take it for a blast up the strip which was fun(even though i did not do very well and are awaiting all the jokes and comments) p.s was the car o.k dave and did it get you back home??? please let me know as i still feel guilty

Thanks
Wayne

lab-monkey
Monday 17th April 2006, 23:08
hi
Yeah good to see people again :)

22sec was quick considering you didnt put in gear :) lol

jay
________
NO2 VAPORIZER REVIEW (http://no2vaporizer.net)

T5ER
Monday 17th April 2006, 23:15
mate what a nightmare and how embarising :slap: :pants: :bricks: but it was fun ish just a shame i cocked it up or could have been good how did you get on time wise

lab-monkey
Monday 17th April 2006, 23:23
best was 15.2
other all around 15.4 mark

couldnt get the dtc turned off for the last 2 :( trying to launch an auto with revs and foot on brake not a good idea lol

all in all not bad for 1st time at a 1/4 mile :)
________
Vaporizer Volcano (http://volcanovaporizer.net/)

shaun850
Monday 17th April 2006, 23:47
i enjoyed my day at avon park, never been on the strip before and made a right hash of the first run lol.

in the end i had a string of 14.5 & 6's, eventually got it down to 14.2 and then a 14.1 which i was over the moon with :)

was anybody taking pictures/ vids??

Murphy
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 07:53
a 14.1 which i was over the moon with :)

What spec is your car ?

fraz13
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 08:11
trying to launch an auto with revs and foot on brake not a good idea lol
No its not lol thats power braking and thats how Wobbly murdered his old auto box lol

lance
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 10:53
Didnt turn up till 3pm , as I was stuck for 1.5 hours on the A46 in a horendous traffic jam, mind you ariving so late meant I got pleanty of runs in and I avoided the £10 gate fee.

I have gone back to my original turbo which gained me 3 mph on my terminal speeds (93) was 98 last year so still pants but better than 90 last time.
I fluffed up a gearchanges a few times alowing myself to get beaten by a mini and a R5 turbo. WTF

Highlight for me was against a cossy where I really started to pull away from him at 660ft. Best time 15.5 again verses 15.0 last year!
I think Miss Whiplash is due a trip to Vt real soon!

Shame I didnt get to see everyone, as you had probably gone home although it was good to meet Olie , Wayne, and Madness again!

shaun850
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 12:09
What spec is your car ?

2.5" straight through exhaust including a decat
big ass airfilter
runing .8/9 bar

having a new clutch helped alot, and also got a fair few runs in which enabled me to get the balance between bogging down and wheelspin right.

will deffo go to the next one, might mess with tyre pressure's etc to see if i can go one better

shaun

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 12:29
nice to meet a few of you today it was really nice to meet some of you guys,would like to say a big thanks to bigtony for the antiroll bar cheers for that brings me one step closer to getting the car done.Would like to say a big THANKYOU to wobbly for giving me the keys to his new pride and joy and letting take it for a blast up the strip which was fun(even though i did not do very well and are awaiting all the jokes and comments) p.s was the car o.k dave and did it get you back home??? please let me know as i still feel guilty

Thanks
Wayne
My car is fine. Clutch bite is a tad higher but nothing to worry about. Thanks for coming down with the Van. Hopefully they'll be a better turn out next time.

I ran 15.39 @94.7 as my best - which is probably 1/2 sec down on what Spesh could have run it.

Vitch ran 13.84 @ 102 (13.84@102) in his Camaro and was well chuffed (as he should be). Unmodified that car is damn fast. God knows what it would be like tuned. As they say there is no replacement for displacement.

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 12:38
2.5" straight through exhaust including a decat
big ass airfilter
runing .8/9 bar

having a new clutch helped alot, and also got a fair few runs in which enabled me to get the balance between bogging down and wheelspin right.

will deffo go to the next one, might mess with tyre pressure's etc to see if i can go one better

shaun

Thats a cracking time for the mods you have done! Looks like Spesh has competition ;) lol

x

Rufe
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 19:45
as i said in the other thread, really enjoyed the trip to stratford this weekend.

shame i didnt meet any one off here, but to be honest, after a bit of a heavy night i wasn't really in the best of spirits yesterday lol. quite happy sitting by the strip nursing a cup of coffee and watching the cars go by. (went through a fair amount of coffees yesterday lol)

will be back up there next time too, may even take my car then instead of going up in the misses's corsa gsi, and get the vectra back on there to try and shave a bit of time of my PB. if its as quiet there as it was yesterday i will have plenty of chances to beat my time.

hopefully there will be a tonna tuning video up in the next few days, should be a good one i hope :B_blite:

Rufe
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 22:15
by the way, thinking of it, i may have been standing behind spesh while he was talking to you wobbly dave, up on the grandstand. i was the big fella behind him, if it was you, you may have seen me? as said above though, i wasnt really fully swtiched on, got to be honest.

i'm sure i heard him mention your name wobbly dave?

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 23:32
I was there and did notice the Tonna Tuning Posse!

Engineer
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 23:44
i enjoyed my day at avon park, never been on the strip before and made a right hash of the first run lol.

in the end i had a string of 14.5 & 6's, eventually got it down to 14.2 and then a 14.1 which i was over the moon with :)

was anybody taking pictures/ vids??Cool times mate, what was your 60 on the 14.1 run?