PDA

View Full Version : D/S window not closing (and its nearly 3.30am!)

ammo1981
Monday 17th April 2006, 03:31
hi guys, my ££££ mate decided to press his p/s window button while i was doing it for him. All of a sudden the windows stopped working and so did the sunroof. The d/s window button became rather stiff. I turned off the ignition to left the circuit breaker cool down for about 1 minute or 2. I switched on the ignition and both windows started to work intermitently. the d/s window button had clickng sounds coming from it. I left the ignition turned off again for a minute or two. I restarted and found p/s window and sunroof working as normal but d/s window 100% in/op. ive checked the fuses, all ok but that circuit breaker (shiny silver one) is bloody hot. The D/s wndow buton when pressed, tends to dim the interior lights very slightly. Any ideas??

ammo1981
Monday 17th April 2006, 13:07
woke up a few hours later this morning...... couldnt sleep knowing window is open. Ive taken off the door panel and checked the wiring. To be honest i dont even know what im looking for. Im really baffled as to what can cause this. As i mentioned earlier on, the d/s window button does nt operate the windows but tends to dim interior lights slightly so it has to drawing power from somewhere.

jimka
Monday 17th April 2006, 14:51
if its drawing power then prehapes the motor is fried? - sorry if this sounds stupid.. but its all i can think it would be.

S70T5
Monday 17th April 2006, 16:32
My S70 had the same fault - it was the drivers window switch. Apparently these are a weak point on the S/V70's and tend to burn out over time. I bought a new switch unit and everything was fine.
You can take the switch unit apart and you will see the contacts inside, mine were all black and burnt for the drivers window. I did manage to use a screwdriver and touch the contacts, making the window go back up again!! :slap:

Chris

Baj
Monday 17th April 2006, 16:37
I had a similar problem. Took apart the switch and cleaned it and all is fine.
However, it sounds like yours is drawing power but either the motor is jammed or the runners are stiff/blocked

ammo1981
Monday 17th April 2006, 17:12
yep.... took the switch apart, and yur right the copper strips were fried for the d/s window switch. need a new one. have managed to get window up

Rufe
Monday 17th April 2006, 22:04
pm sent mate :)