PDA

View Full Version : auto box fault code

Niles
Sunday 16th April 2006, 15:01
After repairing my dignostic port (the fly lead was missing so i soldered on a fabricated 1) the computer threw up fault code 3-1-3 'incorrect signal from gear position sensor' & 3-2-2 'incorrect gear ratio for given road speed'. I deleted the codes, lets see if they reurn. Any ideas about the 1st code? Wheres my gear position sensor?

Dan850r
Sunday 16th April 2006, 18:33
the gear position sensor is under the battery tray, if you get hold of a haynes manuel it tells you in there, failing that try volvospeed.com under rapairs and maintenace, it tells you how to remove it.

Niles
Sunday 16th April 2006, 19:54
Thanks for that, when I get brave I'll give it a bash, mite sort out more than 1 problem for me. Thanks again.

Dan850r
Sunday 16th April 2006, 22:04
mine plays up some times, useually go up and down the box a few times and it cures it, but i will be replacing it in the near future, Dan. :pants:

Niles
Monday 17th April 2006, 01:40
this bit?......... http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=541_569&products_id=3319

BlackV70
Monday 17th April 2006, 09:04
Hi Niles,

Slightly off topic and I apologise for that but I am interested to know which dianostic software you are using. I have OBDMaster & ScanTool but neither are throwing up any codes despite unusual auto box operation. Thanks in advance!

Dan850r
Monday 17th April 2006, 11:20
Yeah that looks like the part.

Niles
Monday 17th April 2006, 12:11
all I did was follow tyhe procedure the Mr Haynes's book says. The info is gathered via the Fault Diagnosis port on the left front of the engine just near the washer filler cap. Do you not have a Haynes mate? If not I'll post the 'how to' details.

BlackV70
Monday 17th April 2006, 13:47
If your car is OBD II compliant, yes please!!

Niles
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 23:46
duz your V70 not have a self diagnosis system?

BlackV70
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 07:36
It has an OBD II diagnostic socket in the storage box between the front seats but I thought this was a computer interface only.

Sounds like you didn't use a computer to read the codes?

t5owner
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 10:17
It has an OBD II diagnostic socket in the storage box between the front seats but I thought this was a computer interface only.

Sounds like you didn't use a computer to read the codes?

Niles has the older style of fault code system which consists of a fly lead with some lights on different combo`s of lights on / off relate to different fault codes which can then be deciphered via a haynes manual this is not an OBD II compliant system

On the S/C/V 70`s the ODB II port is as you say under the centre drivers arm rest and requires a special code reader or an interface and a laptop with suitable ODB II software

Cheers

stuart

Niles
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 23:50
sorry to say the previous post is spot on so very sadly I cant help you out mate.