PDA

View Full Version : Volvo convert!

Wobbly Dave
Friday 18th March 2005, 00:29
Good day today. Last week, a colleague @ work (also in IT) who had noticed the BRV in the car park had asked me about it. Some might call that a mistake. Anyway he wanted a ride and who am I to disappoint. :bounce:

It was quite sunny, so I went up the city centre and out over the Aston Express way (towards the Spaghetti Jnc). I was Jammed behind a few cars doing 45. Slipway opened up into 2 lanes and woosh! :shockedbi

I think he was quitely surprised by the pick up to 80/90

He remarked about the engine note - which I never tire of. Yay! Particularly through the tunnels in the city centre.

Took him to Beckland after. I think he was very much hooked on the looks of the new S40. His new job (he is leaving soon - not because of me I might add) gives him a car allowance so will be looking for a 2 - 3 yr old. Probably a diesel - as an onsite mobile engineer I was thinking S60 D5. How old is the new S40 now? Can you get them on a 52 plate?

I think he was very impressed with the interiors of the nearly new cars too (not to mention mine :biggrin: ). Diesel would be most appropriate for the long miles between Jobs. I was saying about the comfort levels and how that was important on long journeys.

I think he liked the T5 though. :dgrin:

Pedro Fandango
Friday 18th March 2005, 13:59
He remarked about the engine note - which I never tire of. Yay! Particularly through the tunnels in the city centre.
they are brill, but you can't beat the Dartmouth tunnel (sure its that 1, the long 1 on the way back from Kent :hail: )

wellsy
Friday 18th March 2005, 15:55
i had to venture up to brum from drizzly devon delivering for work today and was around the aston express way dartmouth middlway area ,it would have been nice to see your 850 storming down the road . :smile:

Wobbly Dave
Friday 18th March 2005, 16:08
Give us a shout next time you come up and I will do the guided tour! (though you don't get to examine much in detail as it whizzes past) :rally_dri

wellsy
Friday 18th March 2005, 16:13
maybe up in the next couple of weeks to pick the job up again i have to go to a place called MCL at dartmouth middlway :sheep: :)