PDA

View Full Version : MTE Tuned 301whp '98 V70 T5M

the underlord
Thursday 13th April 2006, 22:29
Here's the pics of the print outs.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/98S70R/results.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/98S70R/graph.jpg

Thanks to Marco @ MTE for the ECU tuning magic!

Engine Mods;
MTE ECU tuning.
18T (straight flange)
3" Downpipe to 2.5" catless exhaust.
S60R Exhaust Manifold.
Atech Intercooler
350CC "white" injectors.
Aquamist 1-S & DDS3
EST Air Intake
Reverse Intercooler Piping
Stock Internals.

thanks for lookin guys. :)

Andrew
Thursday 13th April 2006, 23:16
He gets about that lad eh...

the underlord
Thursday 13th April 2006, 23:21
He gets about that lad eh...

Yup, had the chance to spend a weekend down in Oregon with him, speeding about the countryside at 140. :D

Wobbly Dave
Friday 14th April 2006, 08:29
Have you got the graph with RPM on the x axis? What happened with the 2 big peaks?

Murphy
Friday 14th April 2006, 09:02
Good stuff :D

pault5
Friday 14th April 2006, 11:10
hi,
i must be a bit thick. :dunce:
can someone explain that graph to me please? :drunk:
i think its a manual and that is whp, correct?

Wobbly Dave
Friday 14th April 2006, 12:54
I think (though the key is not that clear) the turquoise/aquamarine line is the engine speed in RPM. The purple line is engine torque (in Ft Lbs?). The black line is boost pressure in PSI. And the dark red line is power? its not a very good graph - the units are missing for Power.

This I am wondering what happened to the boost & torque at the start? Torque IMHO should smoothly rise at the start - plateau and then fall - crossing the power line at 5252 rpm.

This is not the best graph in the world (and is only an example) but the front of it illustrates my point...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=602

Engineer
Sunday 16th April 2006, 19:30
Hey Chris, what do you think on this thread, I had a banter with this guy (Kevin) on the VOC and suggested the torque drops picked up by WD might be due to the 92 octane fuel he is using plus the graphs are not very good IMHO VT's or as attached give much better info.

Green T5R
Monday 17th April 2006, 01:50
I think you'll find that graph gives time as the bottom scale. Would be nice to see the RPM graph.

Regards

Iain

SaffronC70
Monday 17th April 2006, 11:08
Hi

It's probably an auto transmission; giving the peaks.

Hell, I've got my green injectors lined up and am waiting Marco's return ! See what my car can do !

How mine stands at the moment :

http://chriswhiteuk.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/dyno/comp.jpg

Dark lines are MTE 19T base map, lighter lines were RICA 340 base map.

Engineer
Monday 17th April 2006, 17:33
Your taking the p--- :slap: the cars a manual mate. Besides Marco don't like tuning auto's or girly coupe's lol.

SaffronC70
Monday 17th April 2006, 17:52
Your taking the p--- :slap: the cars a manual mate. Besides Marco don't like tuning auto's or girly coupe's lol.

no no no

I meant the smooth peaks where it was possible changing gear but holding the power.

:haha:

I stand corrected anyhow and good job I don't drive a girly coupe, unlike Martin, hehe.

Chris

Engineer
Monday 17th April 2006, 17:59
Sorry bud but you do, Mart's is a Cabrio / Conv. lol. :wink:

elliot
Monday 17th April 2006, 18:00
Not trying to cause chaos but it says ENGINE HP on the graph and is 300hp which seems right for the mods and boost level 13.5 psi at the end and around 14.5 for most of the run apart from the 16 psi spikes at the start which are causing the torque spikes at the start of the run.Interesting graph though.I am sure it drives well and thats all that matters.See what it traps at and let us know,there are cars over here with 340hp that dont trap over 100mph :slap: ;).So it will be interesting to see how it goes.

volvotuning
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 11:01

No tuner likes tuning autos - they are a pain in the @$$. That's why our own cars are manuals. If we didn't need them for tuning purposes, we would probably own autos, being lazy :).

Adam.

Engineer
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 23:27
Forgeting the auto jokes for the moment Adam whats your view on the torque graph mate? :wiggle:

volvotuning
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 23:50
Forgeting the auto jokes for the moment Adam whats your view on the torque graph mate? :wiggle:

Well, from a strictly diplomatic point of view, I shouldn't comment cos I will only be accused of starting a flame war!!! lol :)

However, from a strictly scientific point of view...

If it's specifically the torque curve you are asking about, then I'd say it looks about right because the torque curve normally follows a similar profile to the boost curve. Ie, if that's how the boost has been mapped, then that's how I would expect the torque curve to look. Shame the bottom scale is not rpm or road speed. Also, AFR would be useful too.

Adam.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 23:54
essentially I think it is dangerous to speculate without "the underlord" providing the proper data. So maybe when our american friend comes back he can provide more useful data.

volvotuning
Tuesday 18th April 2006, 23:55
essentially I think it is dangerous to speculate without "the underlord" providing the proper data. So maybe when our american friend comes back he can provide more useful data.

Exactly.

Adam.

Engineer
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 15:43
Fair enough Adam I understand, was only wondering as you do. :smile:

woz
Tuesday 25th April 2006, 23:04
..........is this thread turning into a pissing competition????? "Look how high my (t5) can piss!"
Woz.
Its still a bloody good read;>)

volvotuning
Tuesday 25th April 2006, 23:19
?????????????????????????

Adam.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 26th April 2006, 08:57
..........is this thread turning into a pissing competition????? "Look how high my (t5) can piss!"
Woz.
Its still a bloody good read;>)
Nope it is a discussion on results from a dyno run. The VPC mod team have a very keen eye on threads to ensure that things dont get out of hand - in fact your urinary remarks are not welcome or helpful. No-one is bragging about anything as far as I read it.

I re-iterate my point - I would love to discuss this further but until we have something more from the owner of said T5M - it is unfair to speculate.