PDA

View Full Version : Abs Ecu

T5ER
Thursday 13th April 2006, 17:21
just took the unit of my car and thought it looked a bit strange (bits of the outer casing were cracked) so i held it in my hand and gave the top a pull with my other hand and hey presto the top come of.I think someone has been in here b4 there was screwdriver marks all over the casing and to my suprise the circuit board is cracked hence now i know what the fault is and i am rather gutted as i was going to bring it to avon to get wobbly to get it done.Now i have a major problem no abs ecu volvo spares £175.00 eeek cant afford that can any one help me out here as i really need the car on the road asap because of my two kids i had to get a ambulance to take my eldest daughter to hospital on monday cus i dont have any transport

Thanks
Wayne

The Flying Banana
Thursday 13th April 2006, 17:46
You can still drive without the ecu, obviously you just dont have ABS or tracs ( cruise wont work I think ) but still drivable .

T5ER
Thursday 13th April 2006, 17:47
i aint got c/c anyway but still need a mot on it but with this happening the mot aint going to untill i get it fixed

The Flying Banana
Thursday 13th April 2006, 17:53
i aint got c/c anyway but still need a mot on it but with this happening the mot aint going to untill i get it fixed

Cant you ' borrow' one for the MOT and attend to it as soon as you can

T5ER
Thursday 13th April 2006, 18:21
did ask the question on here at the begining of the week but no response cant order one and send it back,am striking a deal with siam at the mo hopefully

blackbooty
Thursday 13th April 2006, 20:12
did ask the question on here at the begining of the week but no response cant order one and send it back,am striking a deal with siam at the mo hopefully

hi T5ER, if you cover all postage costs you can borrow the one off my doner.
94 854 cd auto if its compatable with your 96 model.
i did respond to your offer to buy it off me mate, i just said that i cant let you buy it until i know my crashed 854's ecu is ok.
wayne

T5ER
Thursday 13th April 2006, 22:08
thanks bb but sorted it just now mate sorry for the delay had a bit of kip and watching tv i have done a deal with siamblue (thankyou very much mate :remybussi ) with a unit so should be good to roll by the essex meet hopefully

Wobbly Dave
Friday 14th April 2006, 08:37
Yeah sadly if the PCB is cracked then there is little I can do to repair it.

Sorry to hear about that.

T5ER
Friday 14th April 2006, 11:03
tell tou what dave i was fuming when i saw someone had allready been there and butchered it but i am happy noe as i have done a deal with siamblue for another one so will i can now get it put on and he will be running as he should

blackbooty
Friday 14th April 2006, 11:54
your welcome T5ER, glad youve got something sorted , and ill say hi on the 7th.
wayne.

T5ER
Friday 14th April 2006, 12:00
yeah me to will defo be there hopefully will be driving down in lunatic if he is done and legal,fingers crossed

blackbooty
Friday 14th April 2006, 12:46
yeah me to will defo be there hopefully will be driving down in lunatic if he is done and legal,fingers crossed

ill look forward to seeing the "loony" mate.
i should have mine rebuilt by then, so if theres still any bits you need for yours let me know and if they are spare, ill bring them with me.

T5ER
Friday 14th April 2006, 13:05
ok bb that would be great will see how i get on