PDA

View Full Version : Dump Valve

T5-Nutter
Monday 10th April 2006, 19:22
I have got a dump valve to fit to my 850 T5 but no blanking plate for the recirc valve. Can i run it with both until i get one?

BlackBeast
Monday 10th April 2006, 19:25
Yes you can.

T5-Nutter
Monday 10th April 2006, 19:28
Thats good news, i have got a T piece of pipe coming off the new one, where does this go??? Please!!!

marshall_volvo
Monday 10th April 2006, 19:30
I Neeeeeeeeed Someone To Have A Look At My Engine As I Have No Idea What It Has And Does Not Have As I Want To Fit A Dump Valve In The Near Future I Know Its A Turbo Engine Cant Remember The Exact Number Now Did Look At It Earlier On Qw90

T5SLAVE
Monday 10th April 2006, 19:51
Yo peeps,
Remember spotting and reading this thread recently as I too am gonna b fittin a DV soon, thanx to "dipsta" think it may help...

www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7951

T5-Nutter
Monday 10th April 2006, 20:30
Now i am a happy bunny!!! I know that opinions differ but this is what i wanted and i am well happy with the results. Picture is of the DV before fitting and the R it was taken off, fitted pics to follow later this week!!

Gauges will be fitted next week along with the Turbo Boost Controller, Induction Kit next,Strut Brace soon to be on order along with new sparks etc, New Alloys after that and then the exhaust will be changed.

Then i will be extremely happy :thewave:

marshall_volvo
Monday 10th April 2006, 20:36
Is That A Dark Olive Pearl I Can Spot It Sitting On

Montana
Saturday 23rd September 2006, 11:26
Hi there,

I've just received my order for a Bailey's Venturi/Trumpet dump valve and I'm planning the install.

I'm fitting to an 850 T5R.

I've just noticed the above picture and I dont know where to connect the silicon vacuum tube to the vaccuum supply on the inlet manifold?

In other words, The tube that fits to the top of the dump valve, where exactly does the other end go? The fitting instruction says:

"Push the silicon vacuum tube supplied onto the plastic fitting on top of the dump valve and connect the other end onto a vacuum supply on the inlet manifold by using the small plastic T-piece supplied"

Now, I don't know what a vacuum supply on inlet manifold looks like even if it slapped me in the face????

Could someone send a pic of where this should connect?

All this hassle, just for a "Whooooooosh" sound! Why do I bother?

Cheers

iGGy
Saturday 23rd September 2006, 11:55
Take the plastic cover off the throttle body/linkage. On the manifold you will see the 'vacuum tree'. This is a plastic pipe with smaller 'branches' coming out of it to connect vacuum pipes to. You will probably have two or three pipes already connected to it. There should be spare points to connect your pipe to and they have small rubber blanking caps on them.

Montana
Saturday 23rd September 2006, 14:49
Thanks Iggy,

I've fitted the Dump valve and took her for a test run. But no whoosh sound!!

Could you have a look to see if I've understood your instructions clearly, as pics below:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k119/nealjhalla/Volvo%20Upgrade%20Pics/Dump-valve.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k119/nealjhalla/Volvo%20Upgrade%20Pics/Dump-Valve-Connection.jpg

I'm confident about everything else, but the connection that feeds from the top of the Dump valve to the "vacuum manifold tree thingy"????

Rnash2002
Saturday 23rd September 2006, 20:06
I would say you have to blank the recirc Dv on the side of the turbo.

wootty
Saturday 23rd September 2006, 20:34
ive used the orig vacuum hose from orig recirc.direct to inlet manifold rather than the tree,dont need to t-off or blank(apart from the turbo plate).

Montana
Sunday 24th September 2006, 10:37
ive used the orig vacuum hose from orig recirc.direct to inlet manifold rather than the tree,dont need to t-off or blank(apart from the turbo plate).

Wotty,

I'm probably being a bit thick but I don't suppose you have a picture of "orig vacuum hose from orig recirc.direct to manifold" as I still have no idea where you mean.

I've ordered a blanking plate, from www.partsforvolvos.co.uk (http://www.partsforvolvos.co.uk), so I shall sort that out, but I'm concerned about connecting the dump valve to inlet manifold. There is no clear picture anywhere as to where the slim hose which connects to the top of the DV connects to the manifold.

I like your set up though, looks the dogs boll*cks!

wootty
Sunday 24th September 2006, 17:27
the original pipe that came off the standard dump valve goes into front of inlet manifold nxt to/adjacent to throttle body,ive removed the pipe and replaced with silicone one to new bailey valve.

wootty
Sunday 24th September 2006, 17:30
I've fitted the Dump valve and took her for a test run. But no whoosh sound!!

the whoosh sound comes at around 2/3 rds of boost.you can hear it if you rev the engine while stationary.i must admit its not much of a load "woosh" but its there.

smithson007
Sunday 24th September 2006, 17:49
I know im changing the subject slightly folks but if you like loads of whoosh from your DV like i do try a turbosmart DV. They say they dont work on the volvos but believe me they do. Not the cheapest but well worth it. Works even better with the bonnet lining off.

wootty
Sunday 24th September 2006, 19:28
they the ones with the trumpets on the side.

smithson007
Sunday 24th September 2006, 20:45
Yes the Turbosmart DV that i had was the one with the single trumpet on. Theyre quite large thats the only down side to them but they get you noticed. Loads of fun for giving people a fright when you drive past them.

wootty
Monday 25th September 2006, 17:27
looks like im going to have one bailey dump valve for sale(little use):haha:

Montana
Monday 25th September 2006, 18:15
I've got to say I'm disappointed with the Bailey's DV. In hindsight had I known about the volume, (or lack of) I would not have bothered and kept the £100 odd quid!!

However, I initialy considered the Turbosmart megasonic DV, But at approx £260.00, over two and a half times the price of the Baileys! it did not make sense!

I'll inevitably be replacing the Bailey's with a turbosmart megasonic some time in the future.

If anyone is considering a Bailey DV for an 850R, don't bother!

Rnash2002
Monday 25th September 2006, 20:58
So is the bailey that bad? is it the car or just the sound of the valve?

Montana
Monday 25th September 2006, 21:13
What I want to know is whether there are any 850 T5R owners that have fitted a Baileys dump valve and have been satisfied with the results.

I'm waiting for my blanking plate to arrive and I'm not sure whether, once installed it will have a dramatic effect on the sound of the valve dumping!!

I guess its not fair for me to write-off the Bailey's DV just yet, I'll post the changes once the Blanking plate is fitted. (fingers crossed!!)

wootty
Tuesday 26th September 2006, 14:07
What I want to know is whether there are any 850 T5R owners that have fitted a Baileys dump valve and have been satisfied with the results.

I'm waiting for my blanking plate to arrive and I'm not sure whether, once installed it will have a dramatic effect on the sound of the valve dumping!!

I guess its not fair for me to write-off the Bailey's DV just yet, I'll post the changes once the Blanking plate is fitted. (fingers crossed!!)
you can see my one on the prevoius pic.im not that impressed with them on my T5R,perhaps they sound better after a good ol rica remap with an extra .5 bar ???? THEY DEFFO SOUND BETTER ON COSSIES AND RST'S.mines still producing .7 bar and tbh i cant hear the bloody thing.but can at standstill if u give it a good rev up.

smithson007
Tuesday 26th September 2006, 21:07
I have a turbosmart supersonic DV looking for a good home if you are interested. Has a small maqrk on the top adjuster but nothing that cant be hidden. Its only one of the ones with the single trumpets on but believe me it is very very very loud even on a standard T5. Can be fitted to a baileys fitting kit aswell but i think i still have a full kit.

wootty
Wednesday 27th September 2006, 16:12
pm sent