PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a D5

mak2503
Monday 10th April 2006, 09:57
I am new to this forum.

At present I have an Audi S2 Coupe which has a 2.2 turbo and love it to bits. The only thing is that I have changed jobs which means I need to travel more and my car is only averaging 25 mpg and probably 28 when I take my time.

I am thinking of going for a Volvo S60 D5 as I have heard good things about this car, engine and the interior. I have had a look round a few of them and for the money they are excellent value with all the kit you get on them.

I know the engine has 163bhp (sometimes 180) but I was wondering if anyone had experience the 226bhp that rica ecu remapping puts out and wether it still returns good fuel economy.

I am looking for one in black or blue with possibly cream leather in it on an SE spec. Also is it best to go for a manual or an automatic?

Any help would be appreciated. Also is there any buying advice on these cars you could give me.

volvotuning
Monday 10th April 2006, 10:12
None of our customers with the later D5s go on any forums so you won't get any feedback here for the RICA 226 upgrades on the D5 185 bhp.

It is the dogs danglies after it's upgraded!

Adam.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 10th April 2006, 10:17
First off welcome to the forum. Depending on your budget I would defo go for the later D5 (183bhp version) and get him :stupid: to tune it for you.

SE is the spec to look for. You can pick up decent 163s for about 8K.