PDA

View Full Version : V70 Roof Spoiler Help

MWT5
Sunday 9th April 2006, 16:38
HI GUYS
MIGHT SOUND A LITTLE STRANGE BUT CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW THE ROOF SPOILER FITS ON THE TAILGATE OF MY V70.
BOUGHT ONE WITH BRACKETS AND SPENT ALL MORNING SPRAYING IT WHITE JUST COME TO FIT IT AND CAN'T WORK OUT HOW THE BRACKETS FIT.
DO THEY HAVE THE TAILGATE BOLTS SECURING THEM.
ALSO THEY HAVE L AND R STAMPED ON THEM OBVIOUS MEENING LEFT AND RIGHT BUT IS THIS LEFT AND RIGHT FROM THE BACK OF THE CAR OR FRONT.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.
IT'S STARTING TO WIND ME UP. :mad111:

Vikingxl
Sunday 9th April 2006, 16:47
Im sure they fit onto the hinges or something like that mate.Might want to lose the typing in caps as well.I would go and look at mine but i would have to move a load of cars to have a look.If no one has posted by tomorrow i will have a look for you.I could have come and had a look today i was in Chester all weekend

MWT5
Sunday 9th April 2006, 16:51
Thanks Viking
If It Was Metal I Would Have Welded It On By Now,that How Much Its Doing My Head In.
It's Probably Dead Simple To Fit But With Not Seeing One It Makes It A Bit Confusing.
Cheers

Tomcat
Sunday 9th April 2006, 16:59
They do fit on around the hinges,from memory I think the L&R are from the back of the car looking forward. If you dont have ny get yourself some of them double sided sticky pads used for sticking number plates on, use these to stick the spoiler to the tailgate/glass area as well as the brackets to stop any unwanted movement. If our really stuck I could take some pics for you.

MWT5
Sunday 9th April 2006, 17:27
Hi Tomcat
Thanks For The Info, So The Bolts For The Tailgate Don't Actually Hold The Spoiler On. Brackets Just Fit Around Hinges To Stop It From Flying Off At High Speeds.
I Will GO Out And Have Another Look
Cheers

Tomcat
Sunday 9th April 2006, 18:24
I think they work in combination with each other, if you look on the underside of the spoiler you'll see two slat spots on each side, this is where the sticky pads go.

MWT5
Sunday 9th April 2006, 18:40
hi tomcat
i've sorted it you were right they just hook around the hinges used some double sided tape (better than BLUE PETER stuff) to keep it in place.
happy now its on i think it finishes the car off.
cheers for your help.
mark