PDA

View Full Version : Another Scottish meet......

fraz13
Saturday 8th April 2006, 18:09
Hi guys and gals

Seen as the Perth meet aint even listed anymore a thought it was only right to start a new thread about another meet before the summer....

Being 8th of April today and Wobblys BBQ being on the 10th June I was thinking sometime in between.

So how does Sunday 14th May sound?

Location needs a thought, preferably somewhere we aint been yet but kinda central for all, Glencoe/Fort William was a thought (cheers Norm kdst5)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/map.jpg

Al start a list just now and your ideas would be appreciated....

1: Fraz13
2: heyes
3: Wobbly Dave
4: kdst5
5: grumpybob
6: d14vd_h
7: gillespie
8: jaseb77
9: Cegs40t
10: titch
11: Craigk + Jenna
12: The Flying Banana (not confirmed
14: Bigpunter
15: Gordy
16: KABOOM
17: Matt30462
18: Mikezero

heyes
Saturday 8th April 2006, 20:29
Great idea kid how about starting at strathclyde park Sat morning heading up to Oban staying over night and travelling down through Glen Coe for our southern cousins to see one of the best views in the world. With good food and drink in between.

Vikingxl
Sunday 9th April 2006, 15:29
Will make an effort get the date sorted quick though so we can all start planning

fraz13
Sunday 9th April 2006, 18:06
Cheers heyes for that, great idea but weekend thing aint an option this time for me......

If you all fancy a weekender then give me ideas and I will organise it but I'll only make 1 day ;)

I have sooooo much on this year and only a set budget :(

Wobbly's BBQ is on in 8 weeks, I have another trip south a couple of months later, I wanna get my car mapped, I'm moving house and I really need to try and visit my parents in Spain as well lol

2 replies is a bit poor people lol FINGER OOT!!!!!!!

Rich will be great to see ye again mate ;)

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 9th April 2006, 18:08
You can always count on me!

kdst5
Sunday 9th April 2006, 19:01
Put me down mate you know I`ll be there wherever we decide to go

grumpybob
Monday 10th April 2006, 17:33
Happy Dayz

Count me in.

I'm easy for where we go this time.

Got a suggestion for nearer the end of the year - BTCC at Knockhill in September.

Bob

heyes
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 17:33
Any futher thoughts or dates. As I'm going down to VT 12/13 May I would prefer something after that. How about a duel day with some Saab cousins.

grumpybob
Wednesday 19th April 2006, 22:57
Sounds interesting.

Used to have a Saab 9000 and still like them so would be good to have a gander at some Saabs again.

Bob

fraz13
Thursday 20th April 2006, 09:53
Am easy this time guys, only 2 or 3 weeks to go tho so a need ideas of location

If you wanna "double date" then tell me when its happening ;)

Dave always a pleasure mate, will be cool to see ye before this BBQ

Norm a can always rely on u mate, furthest travelled T5 and T5R, you always make it bud its appreciated :D

Bob the BTCC idea is great, keep me updated on that

heyes
Thursday 20th April 2006, 21:19
fraz I contacted a pal on saabscene to let him know we may be having a meet. I said I would keep him informed about possible dates. How about Peebles hotel then go for a drive in the country. Might be better for guys and girls south of the border.

fraz13
Thursday 20th April 2006, 21:30
If we organise it for us then they can turn up if they want ;)

A spoke to Norm and coz he travels 3 hours every time its only fair to go closer to him thats why Glencoe or Fort William were mentioned

We need to go as a group to a Southern meet and Wobbly's BBQ is the perfect excuse

The date is 14th of May ;)

heyes
Thursday 20th April 2006, 21:43
Fort William/ Glencoe is great for me. The 14th is my preference.

fraz13
Thursday 20th April 2006, 21:45
looks like a few txt need to be made as well, not alot of interest so not alot of the crowd seeing this thread, Al make some made in the morning ;)

BigJC
Thursday 20th April 2006, 22:08
Stop talking about GlenCoe!!! The road from Loch Lommond right upto Skye is my favourite drive ever...Mother lives on Skye hence why I'm always blatting up there! If I get my month end bonus, I may well be in for this!

I've got a nice vid of that long straight down to the Bridge of Orchy after Tyndrum taken in an "ahem" BMW diesel but I can't post it for legal reasons!

fraz13
Thursday 20th April 2006, 22:14
Amazin what a few txt can do lol

Just waitin on a few more replies ;)

Vikingxl
Thursday 20th April 2006, 22:29
Will confirm by monday mate!

fraz13
Thursday 20th April 2006, 22:53
Smashin Rich, Daves coming so theres an option ;)

Just spoke to Titch n he said as long as wee cross the Connol Bridge coz that road is "sexual" lol :hilarious

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 20th April 2006, 22:57
Entirely up to you Viking if you wanna share.

The Flying Banana
Thursday 20th April 2006, 22:58
Great roads!!!

I have some amazing memories of heading up to Oban from the Glasgow side and the Stirling side very quickly in cars and even quicklier on bikes!!!!
In fact how I am still here to tell you is a miracle !!!!

*** Viking ...maybe a bike aint such a good idea now !!! ***

Vikingxl
Thursday 20th April 2006, 23:00
You know you want a bike now Scotty i might have to see if i can borrow one for the weekend!

d14vd_h
Thursday 20th April 2006, 23:24
IM IN!!!!
cant wait

already booked my btcc ticket too!

Bigpunter
Friday 21st April 2006, 10:44
Hi guy's,

I'd be up for a 'wee' drive to Glencoe/Fort William to meet some of you. The roads are pretty sweet leading up to there aswell so it would be nice drive up.

I would be able to make the 14th...

fraz13
Friday 21st April 2006, 10:56
Excellent mate ;) Will be good to meet you....

You know it makes sence lol

Amazing scenery, amazing cars, amazing roads and 15 - 20 nutters having an amazing day oot :D

We need a few meeting points for a bit of a convoy up

What about Glasgow, Balloch, Crianlarich then up to the snow?

That kinda caters for everyone apart from Norm and Gillespiewho are coming from up North

Matt30462
Friday 21st April 2006, 10:59
This is soooo tempting. I wonder if the wife will let me out. Never been to Scotland (well, popped over to Gretna once......yuk!). Petrol and food for a couple of days, kip in the car. Should be able to come in under £200-£250 I expect.

fraz13
Friday 21st April 2006, 11:03
Go for it Matt, you know you wanna :hilarious

The "Inn" is filling up fast but always room on a floor ;) Cant have anyone sleeping in cars its toooooooooooo cold lol

Wobbly Dave
Friday 21st April 2006, 11:07
This is soooo tempting. I wonder if the wife will let me out. Never been to Scotland (well, popped over to Gretna once......yuk!). Petrol and food for a couple of days, kip in the car. Should be able to come in under £200-£250 I expect.
Y'more than welcome to share the ride from Brum?

Jaseb77
Friday 21st April 2006, 12:31
Fraz,

as mentioned in my text reply.

I'll be there 14th

venue: for food perhaps
Glue pot
Oyster Inn
Connel Bridge near Oban
quality nosh

Matt30462
Friday 21st April 2006, 12:50
Y'more than welcome to share the ride from Brum?

Kind offer David but no point in going up if I can't blast around the Glens in Olive. I will ask the "good woman" tonight and keep you all posted.

Andrew
Friday 21st April 2006, 12:59
Kind offer David but no point in going up if I can't blast around the Glens in Olive. I will ask the "good woman" tonight and keep you all posted.

Hmm now you have my thinking :D

Matt30462
Friday 21st April 2006, 13:01
Hmm now you have my thinking :D

Oh good! A translator.

Matt30462
Friday 21st April 2006, 13:14
Just thinking of all the famous places and sites I've never seen........Ibrox, Parkhead, Tannadice, Fir Park, Pittodrie, Easter Road, Hampden Park, mmm such delights. Suppose I could take a peek at some water and hills while I'm up there. ;)

The Flying Banana
Friday 21st April 2006, 13:59
Just thinking of all the famous places and sites I've never seen........Ibrox, Parkhead, Tannadice, Fir Park, Pittodrie, Easter Road, Hampden Park, mmm such delights. Suppose I could take a peek at some water and hills while I'm up there. ;)

You have worded that wrong my friend the famouse place is Parkhead and i suppose Hampden, but the rest are definate sites!!!! LOL

Matt30462
Friday 21st April 2006, 17:01
You have worded that wrong my friend the famouse place is Parkhead and i suppose Hampden, but the rest are definate sites!!!! LOL

In the interest of my well being and in the hope of returning south with the same number of functioning body parts as I left with (with the possible exception of my liver), the list of places to visit in no way indicates a preference to any particular Association Football team or facility in which said teams play. As a lifetime Arsenal fan, I have never voiced, nor do I show any predjudice toward any other team................... I hate all of them equally! :) :haha: :P :scared: :biggrin:

Engineer
Friday 21st April 2006, 17:18
In the interest of my well being and in the hope of returning south with the same number of functioning body parts as I left with (with the possible exception of my liver), the list of places to visit in no way indicates a preference to any particular Association Football team or facility in which said teams play. As a lifetime Arsenal fan, I have never voiced, nor do I show any predjudice toward any other team................... I hate all of them equally! :) :haha: :P :scared: :biggrin:Matt your just :bricks: because Westham & Chelsea are in the FA semi-finals. Didn't want to mention Chelsea in the same breath as Westham but you gave me no choice lol. :remybussi

heyes
Friday 21st April 2006, 17:41
Fraz. how about the cafe at Strathclyde park for a first meeting point on Sat morning. Plenty of space for loads of v's.

Matt30462
Friday 21st April 2006, 18:58
Matt your just :bricks: because Westham & Chelsea are in the FA semi-finals. Didn't want to mention Chelsea in the same breath as Westham but you gave me no choice lol. :remybussi

Mmmmm FA Cup semi finals????? Now let me see??????FA Cup?????Is that some lower league knockout thing??????? Oh! wait a minute I remember that, that's the thing we won last year & 2003 & 2002 & 98 & 93,79,71,50,36 & 30. The cup looked particularly nice in 1971, 1998 & 2002 when it stood beside the League Championship Trophy that we won the same year. It would have been nice to have been in it this year but we have a fixture backlog due to the fact that we are 1-0 up after the first leg of the Champions League Semi Final and can't squeeze another cup run into our hectic schedule. It just gets so busy in Europe this time of year. Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea will tell you that.......oh dear....sorry! Did I say Chelsea.......sorry! They aren't busy in Europe are they....my mistake.

Titch
Friday 21st April 2006, 20:39
Fraz,

The roads are sexual and im a sexual kind of guy so you can count me in. i could meet you guys at crianlarich.

Matt30462
Friday 21st April 2006, 21:04
"I'll take the high road and they'll take the low road. I'll be in Scotland afor ye"

Count me in deffo. Gonna need some help from "The Caledonian Arm" of the forum though. Good info of meet-up and a nice cup of tea when I get there. Sunday 14th appears to be the day but, I will be heading up before, apparently 385 miles should see me Glasgow. Someone's settee and kettle wouldn't be unappreciated for Saturday night.

Engineer
Friday 21st April 2006, 21:13
Mmmmm FA Cup semi finals????? Now let me see??????FA Cup?????Is that some lower league knockout thing??????? Oh! wait a minute I remember that, that's the thing we won last year & 2003 & 2002 & 98 & 93,79,71,50,36 & 30. The cup looked particularly nice in 1971, 1998 & 2002 when it stood beside the League Championship Trophy that we won the same year. It would have been nice to have been in it this year but we have a fixture backlog due to the fact that we are 1-0 up after the first leg of the Champions League Semi Final and can't squeeze another cup run into our hectic schedule. It just gets so busy in Europe this time of year. Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea will tell you that.......oh dear....sorry! Did I say Chelsea.......sorry! They aren't busy in Europe are they....my mistake.At least we have mostly home grown talent (1971 accepted) lol.

Matt30462
Friday 21st April 2006, 21:24
At least we have mostly home grown talent (1971 accepted) lol.

Our's are all home grown.........just not necessarily our home.

Engineer
Friday 21st April 2006, 21:29
Our's are all home grown.........just not necessarily our home.
Exactly Matt, we must discuss the finer points in person if, sorry, when we win on Sunday.

Matt30462
Friday 21st April 2006, 21:40
Are you "Iron" then Engineer?

dicky b t5
Friday 21st April 2006, 22:43
Are you "Iron" then Engineer?
In what way do you mean "Iron".....!!??!! LOL :slap:

Up the Gunners....HAHAHA!

cegc70t
Friday 21st April 2006, 22:47
Aint been on fora while!!!! Me and the badger will be in attendance!!!!!!!!!

Matt30462
Friday 21st April 2006, 22:48
In what way do you mean "Iron".....!!??!! LOL :slap:

Up the Gunners....HAHAHA!

OH yes! Never thought of that...........Always some damn cockney around causing trouble. I meant in the best possible Silly Suffolk way.

fraz13
Friday 21st April 2006, 22:53
A HATE FECKIN FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!

Titch al just need 2 believe yer a sexual guy haha

Good to hear Charlie ;)

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 22nd April 2006, 02:12
It is good to see some others (apart from yours truly aka Billy-no-mates) coming along.

I will (if so desired) show you all where right angle falls is (23 ft) just up Glen Etive - where I broke my back.

Gordy
Saturday 22nd April 2006, 10:05
Hello chaps,

Heyes told me that you were organising a trip north so I thought that I'd invite myself along. Of course, as I drive a Saab, we'll probably have to arrange a few stops along the way so that you boys can catch up. Or maybe I could stay in 2nd gear or leave my wastegate open, I'm sure that we'll be able to work something out. :haha:

Do you want me to post the details on the Saab sites to see if I can drum up some proper swedish metal?

fraz13
Saturday 22nd April 2006, 11:11
Hi Gordy Welcome to the "PROPER" Swedish car forum :haha:

Feel free to join us on our wee trip mate, the more the merrier even if you do drive inferior models lol, Keep an eye on this thread for more details....

heyes Strathclyde Park is to far out for me mate as it means 30 mins there then to travel 30 mins back just to pass home heading for the Erskine Bridge again as thats only 5 mins from here :( That doesnt mean others might ;)

Anyhoo were getting another good turn out by the looks of things :D

Craigk
Saturday 22nd April 2006, 13:31
you can count on us being there Fraz, wouldn't miss it, i can meet at crainlarich if yer meeting there first as i'll be coming from the crieff side!! see you all there

Craig

KABOOM
Saturday 22nd April 2006, 13:56
Guys 'n' Gals

I'm defo up for the second meet of the year.
Had planned to go along wi titch but on recent form i reckon the VRS could be gettin an outing again as I don't know if i can handle any :remybussi from him on a sexual road!!

As for the tours of the Greatest Footie Stadiums that have been mentioned all P**H.
Get yersel along to Westfield to see the bairns.
If yer lucky ye may even get to count a record number of carriages on the railway!!

Look forward to the 14th

Titch
Saturday 22nd April 2006, 17:27
KABOOM?

You are getting a slagging tonight for that name lol. anyway lookin' forward to the 14th give the old girl a proper blast. This time i dont want the flying Bannana behind as he bullies me into going fast and i get scared lol.

The Flying Banana
Saturday 22nd April 2006, 20:48
KABOOM?

You are getting a slagging tonight for that name lol. anyway lookin' forward to the 14th give the old girl a proper blast. This time i dont want the flying Bannana behind as he bullies me into going fast and i get scared lol.

Not true!! But a bit of goading and i think you'll take the bait and i do like a bit of sport!!!! Think i may get some springs etc for the meet as there is some very good twisty roads and the old Banana likes a bend or two ...sorts the men out from the boys you see!! LOL!!!

al c
Sunday 23rd April 2006, 00:25
you can count on us being there Fraz, wouldn't miss it, i can meet at crainlarich if yer meeting there first as i'll be coming from the crieff side!! see you all there

Craig

CraigK - You a Crieff boy then??

The Flying Banana
Sunday 23rd April 2006, 00:39

Think he is a Perth boy .

Gordy
Sunday 23rd April 2006, 10:18
Hi, I've organised similar trips in the past so I have a couple of suggestions.

Heyes idea of meeting at Strathclyde Park is a good one if anyone is travelling up from English-shire on the Sunday morning. It's right off the M74 and the cafe in the Water Sports Centre is open for coffees.

A subsequent meet could be at the Drovers Inn, Inverarnan ( http://www.thedroversinn.co.uk/1.htm ). It has a large car park and a lovely scenic backdrop for photos. When we've met there in the past they've done a light lunch for us. The folks coming from the Crieff side and those from parts west of Glasgow could meet the rest there.

If we can agree a time and place for the meet, the rest will take care of itself.

The suggestion of the Oyster Inn for some nosh is seconded here.

Hope this helps.

ps I've stuck the info onto Saabcentral, UKSaabs and Saabscene. If there is a huge response then we can think about splitting into separate groups.

rickbee
Sunday 23rd April 2006, 10:51
Hi, I've organised similar trips in the past so I have a couple of suggestions.

Heyes idea of meeting at Strathclyde Park is a good one if anyone is travelling up from English-shire on the Sunday morning. It's right off the M74 and the cafe in the Water Sports Centre is open for coffees.

A subsequent meet could be at the Drovers Inn, Inverarnan ( http://www.thedroversinn.co.uk/1.htm ). It has a large car park and a lovely scenic backdrop for photos. When we've met there in the past they've done a light lunch for us. The folks coming from the Crieff side and those from parts west of Glasgow could meet the rest there.

If we can agree a time and place for the meet, the rest will take care of itself.

The suggestion of the Oyster Inn for some nosh is seconded here.

Hope this helps.

ps I've stuck the info onto Saabcentral, UKSaabs and Saabscene. If there is a huge response then we can think about splitting into separate groups.

I'm in agreement with the Strathclyde Park meeting place, its perFect for any of us carring the St Georges flag from the South, I really fancy this this trip. Who else from Englandshire is up for it? Can I suggest forming a convoy, meet at Knutsford Services North, M6 junction 19? Please post if you are travelling North via the M6/A74/M74

fraz13
Sunday 23rd April 2006, 11:33
Hi Gordy, Any regulars that are travelling from south of the border will probs do so on the Sat and stay at mine as usual

The Drovers is a great idea, fantastic pub and decent grub but people coming from Crianlarich would need to do a trip South to meet there then North again to go to Ft. Willam or Glencoe which is pointless

We usually meet at the Venue i.e the blue oyster bar (ok whos idea was that?) around 2pm (anyone have an address?) get a chat, get some pics somewhere, grab a bite to eat then away again, This means meeting those in Crianlarich about 12.45-1pm Meeting in Balloch around 11.45-12pm Its more of a social gathering for us instead of the driving about, We enjoy looking at the cars and going the occasional blast in eachothers cars but thats about it, its all chat, banter and basically just having a right good laugh and a carry on. The run there and homes where the drivings at, Thats obviously not the way the Saab guys do it tho.....

Fife, Falkirk and Perth guys are meeting us in Crianlarich or Balloch, whatevers easiest for them

The rest of the regulars will probs meet up local to here, Erskine Bridge or Balloch as its on the way and thats the way its always been

The North boys will just meet in Ft William or Glencoe

Justin
Sunday 23rd April 2006, 11:40
Fife, Falkirk and Perth guys are meeting us in Crianlarich or Balloch, whatevers easiest for them

How do you pronounce "Balloch" lol:slap:

fraz13
Sunday 23rd April 2006, 11:54
How do you pronounce "Balloch" lol:slap:
see that noise ye make when ye got a hair in yer throat :hilarious

Justin
Sunday 23rd April 2006, 11:57
ROTFPMSL, i can hear it now ;)

heyes
Sunday 23rd April 2006, 12:13
Fraz, must be old age or something but I got it into my head it was a Saturday we were going to meet at the blue oyster bar at 2.00pm. Thats still ok but I will most likely stay at Oban on the Saturday night at a great we bed/breakfast and meet you all on the Sunday. If anybody else especially those from down south would like to join us on the Saturday please let me know and we can make arrangements to meet and give you info where to stay in Oban. We is Lynda my other half.

fraz13
Sunday 23rd April 2006, 12:14
Cool mate see ye up there ;)

Vikingxl
Sunday 23rd April 2006, 15:15
Fraz sorry mate but im not going to be there by the looks of things.Pm sent!

fraz13
Sunday 23rd April 2006, 19:46
PM replied to Rich :( Next time mate ;)

Craigk
Sunday 23rd April 2006, 20:13

Nah I'm from Perth mate..If anyone is passing through here before heading up to fort william then left me ken and we could meet sumwhere.

Titch
Sunday 23rd April 2006, 20:36
Not true!! But a bit of goading and i think you'll take the bait and i do like a bit of sport!!!! Think i may get some springs etc for the meet as there is some very good twisty roads and the old Banana likes a bend or two ...sorts the men out from the boys you see!! LOL!!!
No problem Scotty you get your springs and pick on me again in my wee car, i will use you as my excuse for driving with some zest shall we say lol.

And yes you are right, we will see men and then we will see boys on those roads lol

Bigpunter
Sunday 23rd April 2006, 21:02
Sorry if I'm being slow/or if I've missed something but I've got a wee question. I'll drive up to Crianlarich on the Sunday and I'll be there for about 12:45. My question is are we heading up to Fort William/Glencoe after there or are there two seperate meets - one at Crianlarich & one at Balloch?

Sorry if this has all been explained earlier, this post has just grew slightly...

fraz13
Sunday 23rd April 2006, 23:00
Hi Bigpunter

The way its going is....

From here I'll meet a few people from around here in Balloch, then up to Crianlarich to meet more then up to Glencoe/Ft William, Hope that helps ;)

Its got a bit out of control there so its not your fault, look forward to meeting you then....

Gordy
Monday 24th April 2006, 12:31
OK Fraz, I'll meet you at Crianliarich. Whereabouts in the village do you normally meet?

I'm happy to meet folks at Strathclyde Park on the Sunday morning and convoy up to Crianliarich. PM me if you want to use me ( in the nicest possible way :remybussi ).

fraz13
Monday 24th April 2006, 14:08
Never been there before Gordy but there must be a carpark somewhere on the main road in that will be seen by everyone, Again open to suggestions, its no a big place tho so we will bump into eachother lol

Gordy
Monday 24th April 2006, 14:13
I seem to remember a teashop in the old railway station building just on the Loch Lomond side of the viaduct. I've no idea how big the car park is though.

Jaseb77
Monday 24th April 2006, 14:47
Green welly stop right hand side going through Tyndrum, which is about 6 miles northe of crianlarich

big car park at top ,for trucks etc

Oyster inn , connel Bridge south of Oban
oysterinn.co.uk

Bigpunter
Monday 24th April 2006, 14:53
Cheers for that Fraz, look forward to seeing you all! :B_steerin

Bigpunter
Monday 24th April 2006, 14:55
Jaseb,

Brilliant idea, can't miss that place.

Gordy
Monday 24th April 2006, 15:03
Concur, ideal choice for the meet. Also my vote goes to the the Oyster Inn for lunch, just love that chowder.

kdst5
Monday 24th April 2006, 19:52
So is it Oban or Fort William or both or what :slap:

mikezero
Monday 24th April 2006, 20:59
this sounds like fun, i will confirm nearer the time, how far is connel from oban?, i fancy a trip to oban, not been there before!

D

fraz13
Monday 24th April 2006, 22:38
Dunno Norm tbh lol A want good pics so wherever has snow where going there lol We also need a eating place so seen as your coming through Ft William and the rest of us are coming from Glencoe we can look for somewhere on the road haha

Anyone have preference of 1 over the other?

Titch
Tuesday 25th April 2006, 23:32
Connel is about 6 miles from oban. like i said before the old road to Fort william from connel is superb. i will go with the majority. The car park at the Green Welly stop is more than big enough for a meeting point for all of us.

Titch
Tuesday 25th April 2006, 23:37
Also we could stop at my uncles farm whoch is through the other side of Benderloch(Dalrannoch Farm) which is about 10 metres from the loch side and has a beautiful backdrop for photos with cars in it.

Oh yes and he is a Volvo owner too lol

fraz13
Tuesday 25th April 2006, 23:52
That sounds like a plan Titch lol

Titch
Wednesday 26th April 2006, 00:22
Fraz,

The web site for my uncles Bed and Breakfast is www.dalrannoch.fsnet.co.uk if you fancy having a look at the views. There is also a map showing you the way to Fort William. See what you think

fraz13
Wednesday 26th April 2006, 00:51
That looks ace Titch, If your Uncle dont mind us getting pics there am sure that would be ace providing thats cool with everyone else as well

Nice advert if anyone wants to spend the night as well (Dogs goin in the kennels a think lol)

fraz13
Wednesday 26th April 2006, 01:14
Ok just having a wee look at the maps there.....

My plan was ..... Heading up to Glencoe and meeting up with most people on the way by having a few meeting places like Balloch and Crianlarich...

After looking at the maps and realising that the Oyster is South of Oban and now a possbility of stopping for pics at Titches Uncles place which is close by, I hope everybody still cool with going as far North as Glencoe only to go round in a big circle and head back down to eat... kdst5 and Gillespie are travelling from the North and are meeting us in Glencoe, it gives them a chance of being part of the convoy.... I think if theres snow up there we could get amazing pics with the mountains n stuff......

The drive will be ace ;) :D

fraz13
Wednesday 26th April 2006, 01:37
Update and change of times.....

Leave Balloch around 11.00am

Arrive Crianlarich around 12.15pm

Leave Crianlarich around 12.30pm

Arrive Glencoe around 2pm

Do what we need to do then make the 30 minute or so drive to Oban for food

Get more pics then head home.......

Can you PM me where your meeting, whether its Balloch or Crianlarich (Tyndrum, Green Welly) just to help me in the morning so I know who were waiting for please, Also PM me your moblie number if I dont already have it please, Thanx ;)

fraz13
Thursday 4th May 2006, 11:54
Week n a bit to go people....... Aw Glencoe, Tyndrum n Oban wont know whats hit them lol

Matt30462
Thursday 4th May 2006, 12:28
Looking forward to it Fraz. Don't forget the Suffolk Mafia ( well it's just me actually) is descending upon you for a Big day out in Glasgow on the Saturday. I expect to be in or around Glasgow late morning/early pm Saturday. Will of course PM you with my phone number and to go over your address.
Shell Fuels are gonna think it's Christmas when they see their Optimax sales for that weekend. How much will she drink to cover 400 miles up and 400 miles back plus the guided tour of Lanarkshire?

fraz13
Thursday 4th May 2006, 12:42
Ye no wit, Mels address came under Lanarkshire when we were gettin passports renewed the other day and shes in Dumbartonshire really, Am in Renfrewshire but supposedly still Lanarkshire, 31 years av lived a lie.......

Matt I look forward to it, No much to see in Glasgow mate unless yer looking for old buildings and the Clyde lol Coz a live here a dont appreciate it.... The trip to the meet is where the real sights start ;)

Ask Wobbly n MrsMopp as they done the journey a couple of months or so ago, Remember ye got mibees a couple of hundred miles to do for the meet here as well unless you leave your car here :haha: Ad say a 3 tanks should do it easy tho...

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 4th May 2006, 13:04
My black one did 750 miles on 2 and a bit tanks. I am expecting to use 3 this time :jaw:

Oban is quite a way from Glasgow.

The Flying Banana
Thursday 4th May 2006, 13:19
Oban is quite a way from Glasgow.[/QUOTE]

Its about the hundred mark ...hour and 20 is my record!!!!

Matt30462
Thursday 4th May 2006, 14:50

Its about the hundred mark ...hour and 20 is my record!!!![/QUOTE]

I'll ask Olive to piss all over that for you. Mind you, I'd miss all the scenery.

The Flying Banana
Thursday 4th May 2006, 16:29
LOL have you seen these roads!!! that was in a MK2 RS2000 years ago when the roads were real roads!! But if ' Olive ' wants to take on The Flying Banana I am sure i will set a stunning new record!!!!

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 4th May 2006, 16:30
I'd like to see a video of that.... go on do it..!!!!

Titch
Thursday 4th May 2006, 16:36

Its about the hundred mark ...hour and 20 is my record!!!![/QUOTE]
From Falkirk 1hr 30mins is my record. I was not going crazy but making good progress. I know they roads like the back of my hand so you must have been snarling and foaming at the mouth when you did it in 1hr 20mins Scotty

Im so excited about this drive im nursing a semi lol

The Flying Banana
Thursday 4th May 2006, 16:52
My aunt was the Manageress of The Lancaster Hotel on the front and still lives there so spent many a time and still do , roaring up and down those roads !! To be fair i was really horsing on , flat out most of the way and i remember it cost me a fortune!!! But like we spoke about at the last meet , we were fearless then loadsa bottle and no brains!! Now when i have a bit of sport i come home thinking ...did anyone see me ...did someone take my number , what if there was a camera somewhere LOL...but I can still go for it ;)

Titch
Thursday 4th May 2006, 17:09
From Falkirk 1hr 30mins is my record. I was not going crazy but making good progress. I know they roads like the back of my hand so you must have been snarling and foaming at the mouth when you did it in 1hr 20mins Scotty

My aunt was the Manageress of The Lancaster Hotel on the front and still lives there so spent many a time and still do , roaring up and down those roads !! To be fair i was really horsing on , flat out most of the way and i remember it cost me a fortune!!! But like we spoke about at the last meet , we were fearless then loadsa bottle and no brains!! Now when i have a bit of sport i come home thinking ...did anyone see me ...did someone take my number , what if there was a camera somewhere LOL...but I can still go for it ;)[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean. I get sweaty pams and the shakes now when i drive fast. In fact the Dung is coming out my collar. Thats why i dont want you behind me again lol.

You bring the bad out in me lol

fraz13
Thursday 4th May 2006, 19:38
Al see yeez there lol a aint playin yer games :haha:

Aw and can yeez get a grip of yer quoting coz its a pain in the ass reading the same thing twice :doh:

The Flying Banana
Thursday 4th May 2006, 19:45
The quoting is a strange thing ...i dont quote but reply and sometimes it duplicates the post ?

mikezero
Thursday 4th May 2006, 20:31

lol, i will be keeping a my distance from u mr semi, if your like this now, on day OMG!

mikezero
Thursday 4th May 2006, 20:34
I'll ask Olive to piss all over that for you. Mind you, I'd miss all the scenery.

with my awd and huge power, your bonfire is going to get put out mate! lol

fraz13
Friday 5th May 2006, 09:09
So your coming then Dave? You gonny show us what this AWD can do? lol

Titch
Friday 5th May 2006, 20:20
Al see yeez there lol a aint playin yer games :haha:

Aw and can yeez get a grip of yer quoting coz its a pain in the ass reading the same thing twice :doh:

Just to annoy you mate lol

heyes
Sunday 7th May 2006, 22:49
[QUOTE=fraz13]Update and change of times.....

Leave Balloch around 11.00am

Arrive Crianlarich around 12.15pm

Leave Crianlarich around 12.30pm

Arrive Glencoe around 2pm

Do what we need to do then make the 30 minute or so drive to Oban for food

Get more pics then head home.......

We are about to go down south on Wednesday, coming back on Saturday and was wondering if this is the latest schedule for Sunday as Lynda and I will be in Oban Sunday morning. So if you guys are coming through Oban then we could meet you there.:biggrin:

Wobbly Dave
Monday 8th May 2006, 01:31
I may have to pull out on this - I really need one passenger to keep down the petrol costs. Not made a final decision yet.

fraz13
Thursday 11th May 2006, 11:37
Heyes we will be through Oban but as yet I haint got a clue on a time, All I can do is give you a buzz when we are on our way ;)

Dave you know you wanna come even if its on your own lol :D

Ok weathers no lookin that good but doubt it will put dampners on this anyhoo, Should still be a good laugh if any of the others are to go by :D

Titch
Thursday 11th May 2006, 12:18
Alright Fraz,

Just had a wee look at the BBC 5 day weather forecast and they say it will be a wet day on saturday but dry and bright on Sunday with the best of the weather where we are going ye ha.

Take it with a pinch of salt as always though. They said on tuesday to expect rain on wednesday. eh! They got that one right haha

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 11th May 2006, 13:18
Heyes we will be through Oban but as yet I haint got a clue on a time, All I can do is give you a buzz when we are on our way ;)

Dave you know you wanna come even if its on your own lol :D

Ok weathers no lookin that good but doubt it will put dampners on this anyhoo, Should still be a good laugh if any of the others are to go by :D
Fraz alas I always want to come. I love the Highlands. I have come to 2 Scots meeting now and have always greatly enjoyed myself. If I had 1 passenger for this meeting then I would be there in a flash. I really cant justify paying out over £200 in petrol, particularly as my contract at J & LR is reaching a critical point.

Head vs heart - I am afraid that the head is winning at the mo unless someone wants to come with me.

UPDATE:

I CAN COME!!! Finances have been allocated.

Matt30462
Thursday 11th May 2006, 14:21
That's terrible news Dave!

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 11th May 2006, 14:35
Thanks I endeavour to please. When are you going. I am looking at a late departure Friday? or early Sat. Waiting for Frazzle Jock to let me know if there is space chez "Bridge-on-Weir"

Matt30462
Thursday 11th May 2006, 14:47
I am expecting to head off sometime Friday night, 10-11 o'clock maybe. A few stops for coffee along the way, a bit of shut eye up around Carlisle way and onward to Glasgow for late morning Saturday.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 11th May 2006, 14:56
which way are you going?

fraz13
Thursday 11th May 2006, 16:30
Aw the weathers sooooooooooo good the day, a so wish we had this weather on Sunday......

Anyhoo all is good.... Dave glad ye can make it ;) Shame you and Matt will probs be on the same road at some point and you will miss eachother, Never mind The Frazzle Rock Ranch has plenty of room, just neet to warn that Shady aint had it in a while tho :hilarious

The Flying Banana
Thursday 11th May 2006, 16:45
, just neet to warn that Shady aint had it in a while tho :hilarious[/QUOTE]

How come ...does he not stay with you any more Fraz LOLOLOLOL

fraz13
Thursday 11th May 2006, 16:48
He dont get it off me man thats incest lol

Matt30462
Thursday 11th May 2006, 16:55
Big Green Pleasure Machine's Route To Scotland.

A14-A1/A1M-Scotch Corner- Across on some road that I can't remember, goes toward Carlisle or something- A motorway up to somewhere in Scotland where it joins another motorway in Scotland that goes to Glasgow. Beyond that I'm not to sure.

fraz13
Thursday 11th May 2006, 16:59
Matt al do you some directions, an address and a phone number........ Might not be mine but thats a chance you'll have to take :hilarious

Matt30462
Thursday 11th May 2006, 17:03
Once I hit Glasgow I'll be ok Fraz.........just follow the note from those exhaust pipes.

fraz13
Thursday 11th May 2006, 17:12
PM sent Matt ;)

Matt30462
Thursday 11th May 2006, 17:17
Got Pm.
Anyway, how hard can it be...........head north for several hundred miles, then turn left. Bob's your uncle.....Glasgow.

Matt30462
Friday 12th May 2006, 20:43
Ok! All packed, ready to go North. I will be picking up my brothers TomTom, having a cuppa and setting off.
Message for Fraz....I've got your number and will call tomorrow when getting near you.

The Flying Banana
Friday 12th May 2006, 20:45
Ok! All packed, ready to go North. I will be picking up my brothers TomTom, having a cuppa and setting off.
Message for Fraz....I've got your number and will call tomorrow when getting near you.

Good journey Matt, need anything give me a call...PM d my numbers!!!!

fraz13
Friday 12th May 2006, 21:44
Cool Matt have a safe one (even though yer probs on the road now lol) Am with Scotty, any probs you have my number ;)

Tomcat
Friday 12th May 2006, 21:45
Hope you all have a great time guys, whish I could attend but I'm completely skint at the moment.

fraz13
Friday 12th May 2006, 21:46
Get Wobbly or Matt to pick you up on the road mate they will be passing yer door lol ;)

Tomcat
Friday 12th May 2006, 21:48
Lol, do I have to show some leg?

Mrsmopp
Friday 12th May 2006, 21:52
Lol, do I have to show some leg?

:rotfl: Oh good god!!! lol

x

fraz13
Friday 12th May 2006, 21:54
LOL ye never no wi Wobbly lol If you wanna come up then give 1 of them a shout ;) Room here for ye man

Tomcat
Friday 12th May 2006, 22:03
:rotfl: Oh good god!!! lol

x

What are you trying to say exactly?,Hmm?.......

Mrsmopp
Friday 12th May 2006, 22:12
What are you trying to say exactly?,Hmm?.......

Do you really want me to answer that?!!!! LOL

x

Tomcat
Friday 12th May 2006, 22:14
:sorry: No, not really

heyes
Friday 12th May 2006, 23:33
Sorry Fraz but I am down at VT and have found a problem with the car so have to stay here until Monday to fix. Hope you all have a great time and will catch up later.

Graham

fraz13
Friday 12th May 2006, 23:37
Nightmare man well hope its no to bad n see ye at the nxt 1 ;)

Vikingxl
Saturday 13th May 2006, 10:13
:B_steerin Hope everyone has a fantastic time,sorry i cant be there this time but money and a few other issues are keeping me here at the moment.Hopefully i will make the next one.Hope to see loads of piccys and if there is a night out tonight some great piccys for a caption competition.Drive carefully people!:B_steerin

fraz13
Saturday 13th May 2006, 22:48
Cheers Rich ;) Plenty of pics to be seen already and its only Saturday, None of tonight tho lol

See yeez all tomorrow...... Should be a good crack ;)

A assume am meating the following ppl at the following locations....

1: Fraz13
2: heyes Not coming
3: Wobbly Dave Here
4: kdst5 Glencoe
5: grumpybob Crianlarich
6: d14vd_h Balloch
7: gillespie Glencoe
8: jaseb77 Crianlarich
9: Cegs40t Here
10: titch Crianlarich
11: Craigk + Jenna Crianlarich
12: The Flying Banana Crianlarich
14: Bigpunter Crianlarich
15: Gordy Crianlarich
16: KABOOM Crianlarich
17: Matt30462 Here
18: Mikezero Crianlarich

Gordy
Sunday 14th May 2006, 01:02
I'll be there

Bigpunter
Sunday 14th May 2006, 09:14
See you all shortly :B_steerin

Gordy
Sunday 14th May 2006, 20:53
Got back and am tucking into my supper.

Nice to meet you all and to see some pretty powerful bits of metal. Have learned some valuable overtaking tips from D14VD_H who proved that you don't need a big powerful car to scare the shot from folks.
I had some jokes ready about the Volvo design department being a bloke, a desk, a ruler and a pencil and a view over a cardbox box factory for inspiration but the 2 sleek C70's have put paid to that.

My thanks to Fraz for organising it all.

kdst5
Sunday 14th May 2006, 21:14
As usual a great day with all the usual banter as Gordy said overtaking move of the day goes to David (he really needs a bigger engine lol) but I think it`s Craig who gets the holy sh*t award for jumpin out of his skin when my dump valve sounded good to meet Matt I hope you get home ok great to see Dave again with his new wheels looks good mate.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/kdst5/P5140003.jpg

Norm

T5ER
Sunday 14th May 2006, 21:14
so has anyone got piccies yet

kdst5
Sunday 14th May 2006, 21:18
More to follow give us a chance lol just through the door an hour ago

T5ER
Sunday 14th May 2006, 21:19
More to follow give us a chance lol just through the door an hour ago
soz mate hope you all had a great day will try to make the next one if i can

kdst5
Sunday 14th May 2006, 21:33
Thats ok mate here`s a few more

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/kdst5/P5140013.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/kdst5/P5140010.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/kdst5/P5140009.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/kdst5/P5140005.jpg

The Flying Banana
Sunday 14th May 2006, 21:33
Great day, the run hoem was interesting!!!! What a road!!!!

T5ER
Sunday 14th May 2006, 21:42
i do like the red one is it a R or T5R

Titch
Sunday 14th May 2006, 21:43
Great day, the run hoem was interesting!!!! What a road!!!!

Aye it was Briiiiiiiiaaaant. A few close shaves but we made good progress lol

And that is the first time ever i have been called, what was it again? oh yes thats it " A MENTALIST" lol. What about you Scotty, have you been called that before haha

Vikingxl
Sunday 14th May 2006, 21:43
Will be looking out for more piccys tomorrow!

The Flying Banana
Sunday 14th May 2006, 21:54
Aye it was Briiiiiiiiaaaant. A few close shaves but we made good progress lol

And that is the first time ever i have been called, what was it again? oh yes thats it " A MENTALIST" lol. What about you Scotty, have you been called that before haha

Yep ... never been heard before ... me and Titch had a good ' sedate' run home ... the road down the hillside to Crainlarich was a favourite for me today !!!! ;)
Great company, big shout to Wobbly and Matt for their effort to be here, Wobbly once again reunited with a crackin car and Matts T5R.... deelish!!!! anyway Matt just wanted to quote you on something you said earlier in the thread........

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Banana

Its about the hundred mark ...hour and 20 is my record!!!![/quote]

Corners are my Favourite!!!!!!

The Red 850 is an 850R ...if there was sound on these pics it would knock you out ... Me and Titch agreed it sounds like a UR Quattro !!! I keep nippin craigs ears to get the car from him!!!!

fraz13
Sunday 14th May 2006, 21:59
Oi Oi

Fantastic day again peeps.... Weather even held up till a was nearly home :D

Great to meet a few new people, Firstly Matt, Thanx so much for making the journey mate, a hope Scotland was everything you imagined and more, Again your welcome anytime if you fancy a wee trip to sample more, with the other half and kids nxt time..... Safe journey home ;) Bigpunter cheers for coming, hope to see you at another meet soon ;) Gordy with his Saab, nice meetin ye mate and sorry to you both that a never spent more time chatting but as you saw its a bit crazzzyyyyyyy lol

As for the regulars a huge thanx goes to you all for making the meets what they are :D

Another big thanx to Titch's Uncle for letting us embark on his farm for some pics :D

Daves new C70 is sweet, very quick but let him go play himself as am just no as nuts as him lol Safe journey home mate.... See ye at the BBQ in a few weeks ;)

David H :doh: What a manouver mate lol You need a T5-R so you dont cut it so close nxt time lol

Anyhoo probs missed someone or something so a appologise in advance if a have lol

Heres some pics ;)

These first few were yesterday... Masel, Dave n Matt

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/B1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/B2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/B3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/B4.jpg

Dave showing his Handbrake works this morning...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/B5.jpg

And a few from today....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/B6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/B7.jpg

fraz13
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/B8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/B9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/B10.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/B11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/B12.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/B13.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/B14.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/B15.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/B16.jpg

Titch
Oh yes, how could i forget that, im sure when you were braking at the bottom of that hill ypur back wheels came off the ground. My favourite bit was when we drove past Rob Roy's grave. Was running out of clock to catch you up lol

The Flying Banana
Sunday 14th May 2006, 22:39
A few more of the same ..but check out the snow on the hills and the clouds !!!!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/dan13l247/NormscarSmall.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/dan13l247/MattsCarSmall.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/dan13l247/MattandScottSmall.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/dan13l247/DavidHSmall.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/dan13l247/Autotrader2Small.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/dan13l247/Autotrader1Small.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/dan13l247/clouds.jpg

And especially for Matt

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/dan13l247/110mph.jpg

KABOOM
Sunday 14th May 2006, 22:51
Sorry i missed it today guys:troutslap i'm gutted!

I ended up through in Edinburgh over the weekend and well lets just say i got sidetracked by a little :smlove2: and ended up doin ma william tell :bud: Friday and Sat night and by the time i got up this mornin i was feelin :pants:

:slap: How can this be more important than the volvo meet i ask masel now ?:slap:

Hmmmmm i wonder ??????

Matt30462
Monday 15th May 2006, 03:49
Well, what can I say! Absolutely brilliant weekend.A real pleasure to have been up there with you guys 'n' gals. Thanks for letting me join in with your meet. Big, big thanks to Fraser and Mel for their hospitality, much appreciated folks.
What a backyard to go and play in. Words fail me to describe the beauty of the place...that road to Glen Coe AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!.
I have so many great memories, which is an acheivement for someone of my age......sadly one of them is not from Saturday night....unless you count the hangover and splitting skull ache that was a legacy?
The friendly welcome I received, was most kind and everyone was very tolerant of the Bald Bloke from Sussex?????????
I stopped off at a few beauty spots on the way back which was handy as I didn't get to see much more than the arse end of Titch and Scotty on the way to Oban. I've said it once and I say it again....Your bloody mentalists.
And Dave, that 940.....sorry V90 Motorsport is a cracking bit of kit. Just promise me that before you try THAT manouvre again, you'll give the elastic band a few more turns.
Well I expect reports on this trip will be coming for a while yet so, after 6 hours up there, about 10 hours back, One Thousand and Fifty miles covered in 3 days. I am going to bed, my own bed, not Frasers couch and definately not his Bloody Car Park.

Night all.

Titch
Monday 15th May 2006, 07:49
Alright Matt.

Glad you got home ok and that you enjoyed your stay in Scotland. You wont find many roads better than that anywhere in the world. They are a real HOOT!

It was a pleasure to meet you mate and i hope to catch up with you soon. You and Dave deserve a big thanks and pat on the back for coming all that way and helping make the day it was.

Oh yes and if you thought we were mentalists on the way to Oban, once we got past that huge que of traffic on the way home, well, that was interesting lol.

Speak to you soon mate

Wobbly Dave
Monday 15th May 2006, 09:21
By far the best trip I have had since starting out with this T5 business. It has been 4 years since I was last in the Highlands and is was simply stunning. Cheers to Fraz for his hospitality and it was great seeing Matt and all the rest of yous.

Made it home 12:35 am (896 miles done) - very tired but extremely happy.

The roads up there are a dream to drive on and it was made all the better by sharing it all with good friends.

See you all in a few weeks.

d14vd_h
Monday 15th May 2006, 09:40
AWESOME fun gents:B_steerin

twas a good laugh keepin up with the big boys :mischievo

good to see some new faces and some new scenery even tho i live an hour and half a way ive never been up there,
was good to see the yellow beasts again:biggrin:

thanks again fraz!

The Flying Banana
Monday 15th May 2006, 09:44
AWESOME fun gents:B_steerin

twas a good laugh keepin up with the big boys :mischievo

good to see some new faces and some new scenery even tho i live an hour and half a way ive never been up there,
was good to see the yellow beasts again:biggrin:

thanks again fraz!

Couldnt believe it it when you and Fraser said you had never been up to these places ever!!!!? You have an excuse really as you are a young un but Fraser aint a spring chicken so he should have been before!!! FFS i used to head up those roads with my mates ( or a burd !!) from Falkirk just to get a fish supper from the middle chippy!!!!!

fraz13
Monday 15th May 2006, 09:53
Av been about Scotland like all up the A9 to Inverness and right up the East coast to Wick and Thurso, I've followed the A82 home through Fort William Glencoe and Crianlarich but just never been to Oban before :haha: Great roads but we should do the roads over the Kessock Bridge up to Wick, Now those are proper roads lol

Glad both Dave and Matt got home safe and enjoyed their time here, It amazes me to see scenery like that as well as it is the best in the world...

d14vd_h
Monday 15th May 2006, 12:22
as soon as i get my computer back i'll stick the link up for
'the greatest drive in britain'
as we mentioned - im sure we covered some of it tho

hey fraz where did u go to end up behind me just at balloch
i thought u were the 'popo' (police) comin up behind my sorry ass

Wobbly Dave
Monday 15th May 2006, 12:22
Worked out what my consumption was for 2 (of 3 receipts) was 27.5 (582 miles consuming 21.1 imp. gallons @ 4.54 litres per gallon) varied between max of 27.6 and 27.2 - so I am very happy with that, considering no remap to assist and the spirited driving in the highlands.

The Flying Banana
Monday 15th May 2006, 12:33
I spent £55 quid on petrol ( about 250 mile s ) petrol light was on about a mile from home and just as i entered my drive the fecking Lambda light came on again!!!!

Matt30462
Monday 15th May 2006, 12:49
I spent £55 quid on petrol ( about 250 mile s ) petrol light was on about a mile from home and just as i entered my drive the fecking Lambda light came on again!!!!

And it looks like your Speedo is bust aswell. Seems to be stuck on a hundred and something? I assume it's broken anyway! As mine seems to go much higher than that!!!:biggrin: :B_thumb:

d14vd_h
Monday 15th May 2006, 12:50
i used half a tank the whole day,
south of glasgow and back again:wink:

Gordy
Monday 15th May 2006, 13:12
My average petrol consumption increased from 34.9mpg to 35.1 mpg over Sunday. Once again the Saab widdles over the Volvo's:haha:

Ok, it could be argued that I wasn't quite as spirited as some others on the way up and I did take it very easy on the road home.

Glad to hear that Matt was taking in the scenery on the road back as I did notice that he was lagging behind even though we were, initially, meandering along. I was starting to worry that he had technical problems.

Thanks again folks for a great day.

fraz13
Monday 15th May 2006, 13:18
hey fraz where did u go to end up behind me just at balloch
i thought u were the 'popo' (police) comin up behind my sorry ass
A stopped 4 a peee :haha:

Wobbly Dave
Monday 15th May 2006, 13:20
Shame we sped past Glen Etive so fast - was kinda keen to show you all the falls I was talking about namely right angle falls
(23 ft!). So here is me doing it.

http://students.bugs.bham.ac.uk/kayak/old/UBKC_Trips/scot03_pics/DaveFalls.jpg

and from the front (me again)

http://students.bugs.bham.ac.uk/kayak/old/UBKC_Trips/scot03_pics/RightAngle02.jpg

and this too (not me)

http://students.bugs.bham.ac.uk/kayak/old/UBKC_Trips/scot03_pics/RightAngle01.jpg

and me after I got it wrong...

http://students.bugs.bham.ac.uk/kayak/old/UBKC_Trips/scot03_pics/DaveHospital.jpg

Matt30462
Monday 15th May 2006, 13:35
Just added up my receipts. 161.23 litres/35 1/2 Gallons of prime Optimax. Covered 1044 miles at a fuel cost of £168.00. Computer is returning figures of MPH 52, MPG 25.8

Matt30462
Monday 15th May 2006, 18:17
Got a couple of my pics back from Boots.

Engineer
Monday 15th May 2006, 18:33
Roads to die for and the weather as well, class pics as well guys. B-----s lol. ;)

rickbee
Monday 15th May 2006, 19:02
I'm well hacked off I couldnt make this trip in the end, one of my front tyres has a piece out of the sidewall and I left it too late to replace it. Didnt want to make such a long journey on that tyre. No one locally had the size in stock except Quikfit and I am not paying their prices or letting them near my refurbished comets. Sorry I coulnt support the meet

Really envious to all who attended, I will be the first up the high road to the home land next time. glad all enjoyed themselves

Regards

Titch
Monday 15th May 2006, 20:28

I managed to use over half a tank on the way home and only managed 300 miles to the tank (£57). I usually get over 400 miles to a tank but hey ho it was certainly worth it.

Craigk
Monday 15th May 2006, 22:14
Hey peeps, what a great day it was, weather held out for us too..It was good to see you all again and the new faces especially Dave and Matt who made the long journey up..

Flying bannana - maybe one day you'll get your hands on my car, just canny bring masell to sell it!!

Norm i'll need to get you back after your dump valve just about giving me a heart attack, bloody thing made me jump oot ma skin lol

can't wait for the next road trip

Craig

fraz13
Monday 15th May 2006, 22:24
Norm i'll need to get you back after your dump valve just about giving me a heart attack, bloody thing made me jump oot ma skin lol
Funniest bit of the day lol The look on your face was classic lol

Titch
Monday 15th May 2006, 22:59
I have to say Craig i have never ever thought it would be funny to watch a grown man sh*t himself but i was wrong. I kept having fits of the giggles last night thinking about it. Your face Fraz was even funnier, i thought you were going to wet yourself ha ha

Matt30462
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 19:38
Where the hell are all the pictures then? Shutters were going for hours yet we've only got a few snaps so far.

d14vd_h
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 23:38
yeah more pics more pics

fraz13
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 00:11
Heres a few more that a had in ma camera, wheres all yours?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/a1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/a2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/a3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/a9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/a4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/a5.jpg

fraz13
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 00:11
I can see the pub from 'ere!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/a6.jpg

Chickens liked the cars as well....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/a7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/a8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/a12.jpg

Such a lady...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/a10.jpg

Anyone fancy a seat??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/a11.jpg

Matt30462
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 00:13
Oh dear, I can see one or two caption competitions coming up.

Matt30462
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 00:24
Got a few...not many though.Most appear to be a bit big.

d14vd_h
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 01:01
cool photos matt
v artistic

i forgot my camera that day was too excited about my itrip!

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 11:16
Gonna get my shots loaded up this afternoon/eves

fraz13
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 11:20
Happy dayz Dave, send me those shots of Mel n me as well then to stop her askin haha ;)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 11:24
##"Love is in the air - everywhere I look around.."##

Yeah mate - came out ok.