PDA

View Full Version : S40 Heating problem.!

Evil Edna
Thursday 6th April 2006, 16:52
Hi,

Ive got a major heating problem on my s40.

Its not major at all...just annoying:(

When i turn my fan speed to "0", the fans wont turn off..But when i turn it to any other setting, it just blows at the same speed (apart from when on auto)

Anyone know what this could be? faulty switch possibly?

Any help would be great!

Cheers,

Luke :)

Andrew
Thursday 6th April 2006, 17:45
yeah sounds like dodgy switch connector. Pull it out see if you have a loose wire etc. or can clean the switch up.
Ac.

Bigpunter
Friday 7th April 2006, 20:06
Hi evna,

I had that problem with my '40 (A\C with ECC).

Turned out to be a thermister/transister or something along those lines (electrical anyways). Costs <£8 for the part and roughly £65 to get it fitted at a Volvo dealer! :slap: Just take the car to your dealer, mines spotted the problem in about 5 minutes and replaced the part in about 30.

Hope this helps,

Martin

Evil Edna
Saturday 8th April 2006, 01:25
yeah..i figured it must be something along those lines..gotta take it in as i want to see what they can do with a head unit! shame mine doesnt play mp3's:(

Cheers matey:)

Luke

Bigpunter
Saturday 8th April 2006, 14:01
Hi Luke,

Do you have the stock Volvo head-unit (ie. HU-605,615,655)?

If so these do not play MP3 CD's. You can burn MP3's to a Audio CD (ie, if you select the Auido CD in Nero/Sonic whatever burning program you use), but you can't drag and drop raw MP3 files to a CD and expect the Volvo HU to play them. You will need to let the burning software convert them to Audio CD standard first. Only problem is you can only fit about 18 tracks on a CD rather than 100's. :frown:

Hope this helps,

Martin