PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Centre Console/Facia

BlackBeast
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 14:03
Just got my aluminium dash inserts delivered, not exactly what I wanted as they arent brushed aluminium, but they are good enough for now.

Anyway, i thought id try and fit everything today. Well im stuck! Ive sorted the glovebox and the centre console is on half, dont want to put it back in yet, both are very easy to do though.

The section i am stuck on is the centre facia on the dash where the headunit and air con/climate control are. The headunit is removed. For a start I cant remove the climate control section, it just wont come out no matter how hard i try and obviously I cant remove the actual centre facia as i cant remove the climate control section.

Please HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!! :help:

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 14:17
On 850s with air con you pull the dials off to reveal screws which lets unit slide out...on 850s with climate control when you take out the head unit and feel underneath the climate control unit you can feel spring clips and when pushed up the unit releases and no doubt there will be fasteners there. So I would probs say the s/v/70 is teh same as the 850 with climate ..try that ...

Vikingxl
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 14:37
Good luck black beast

S70T5
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 15:04
On my S70 with normal AC controls, I pulled the temperature knobs off which are hiding screws, once these are off, the heater panel comes off easily.
The actual dash surround (your new bit) is a bit of a nightmare to remove (to put it mildly), it took me ages to sort. I think the correct way is to remove the dash completely to get to the screws behind! I know for sure you need to take the dash top off & the centre console for a start.
Getting the climate panel off is the easy bit I'm afraid! :slap:

Good luck mate,

Chris

BlackBeast
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 15:32
Right, sorted the climate control section, there was nothing holding it, what can i say im small and weak lol.

There are loads of torx bolts behind the panel which are practically impossible to get out. None of my tools are small enough to get into the tiny gaps. Will try it with some allen keys now and will report back soon enough.

Vikingxl
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 16:57
Time wasting just get on with it you only have small girly hands anyway and dont forget the how to with piccys

BlackBeast
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 17:05
Time wasting just get on with it you only have small girly hands anyway and dont forget the how to with piccys

Sorted it about 15mins ago, its all out. I snapped one of the location holes for the facia as i was taking it out. Not too bothered about it, ive glued it back together anyway.

I'll start putting things back together after The Simpsons. Dont have to drive the car until 5ish tomorrow so i can take my time.

Vikingxl
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 17:09
Well done mate i just hope you are happy with the results after all this time effort and money

BlackBeast
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 18:43
Heres a few pics of the interior as it is at the moment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/blackbeast/DSC00596.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/blackbeast/DSC00597.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/blackbeast/DSC00598.jpg

Vikingxl
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 18:49
Didnt realise you lived in Liverpool mate you wanna get an insurance claim in quick before they nick your tractor rims as well.

BlackBeast
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 18:58
Didnt realise you lived in Liverpool mate you wanna get an insurance claim in quick before they nick your tractor rims as well.
Yeah they couldnt get the radio out so they took the lot :nutkick:

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 19:04
Yeah they couldnt get the radio out so they took the lot :nutkick:

You selling the wood Hun?

x

S70T5
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 19:13
If he isn't, I have a full set!! :B_blite:

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 19:17
If he isn't, I have a full set!! :B_blite:

Cheap? LOL

x

BlackBeast
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 20:11
You selling the wood Hun?

x

Yeah I will be. Wont be cheap though :)

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 21:06
Yeah I will be. Wont be cheap though :)

Worth a try LOL

x

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 6th April 2006, 09:23
I have everything you need. Dark wood. Almost FOC. (need to get rid) Includes centre console, complete dash, glovebox lid and dash top.

Mrsmopp
Thursday 6th April 2006, 09:27
I have everything you need. Dark wood. Almost FOC. (need to get rid) Includes centre console, complete dash, glovebox lid and dash top.

Nice one ;) Steve wants it for the V70 (it will fit wont it?)

x

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 6th April 2006, 09:30
Isnt your steve's a light coloured interior - mine is grey leather. And yes it will fit.

If you just want the inserts I am sure they can be swapped - in which case it dont matter what colour the dash is.

Waxworks
Thursday 6th April 2006, 09:32
Nice one ;) Steve wants it for the V70 (it will fit wont it?)

x

Yep, it will fit!
Isn't Steve a lucky boy!!!!! lol

How much we talking Bobbly?

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 6th April 2006, 09:36
£40 the lot**, mate (including personal delivery). The only proviso is that you take the lot (and store it in your garage?? LMAO).

**That includes dash, dash top, centre console and glove box lid.

Waxworks
Thursday 6th April 2006, 09:56
£40 the lot**, mate (including personal delivery). The only proviso is that you take the lot (and store it in your garage?? LMAO).

**That includes dash, dash top, centre console and glove box lid.

We'll have a think about it and let you know mate.
Cheers

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 6th April 2006, 09:57
BTW which bits do you need? Just an Idea that we could swap the inserts FOC.

BlackBeast
Thursday 6th April 2006, 15:16
All done, and no screws left :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/blackbeast/Volvo/DSC00599.jpg

What do you all think?

Next to come is a 3 gauge din slot to fill the gap above the headunit and obviously a few gauges.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 6th April 2006, 15:19
Excellent work my friend! Top Job

Boost gauge, oil temp and Voltage? I can help with the boost gauge.

Vikingxl
Thursday 6th April 2006, 15:35
Nice job Steve even with your girly hands.I bet you are glad thats over now!

BlackBeast
Thursday 6th April 2006, 15:35
Very close Dave, boost, oil temp and oil pressure.

Once the camera has charged again i shall take some photos of where the screws go and what tools you need to do the job. Hopefully will help a few people that are thinking of doing this job.

BlackBeast
Thursday 6th April 2006, 15:38
Nice job Steve even with your girly hands.I bet you are glad thats over now!

LOL thats probably how it was possible for me to do it.

Definately, hopefully wont be taking the centre facia off for a long time now.

Waxworks
Thursday 6th April 2006, 15:39
Looking good, excellent work!
Worth it in the long run.
:rainfro:

r07s
Thursday 6th April 2006, 22:43
Very close Dave, boost, oil temp and oil pressure.

Once the camera has charged again i shall take some photos of where the screws go and what tools you need to do the job. Hopefully will help a few people that are thinking of doing this job.
BB, i look forward to seeing that mate; can you pm me with the it?

I was going the Haynes route which is a complete strip out of the facia job...not that im in any hurry to get it done but if yr route is quicker then grrreat!

mind you, if you wanna come down and get more practice on mine...LOL

BTW - great job mate. Are you going to do the handrake/gearstick area as well? if you dont have it you might be interested in mine? its a little scratched here n there...

Justin
Thursday 6th April 2006, 22:53
Looks pants mate, wouldnt have bothered lol

Just kidding, great job, now do a full write up :)

BlackBeast
Thursday 6th April 2006, 22:57
BB, i look forward to seeing that mate; can you pm me with the it?

I was going the Haynes route which is a complete strip out of the facia job...not that im in any hurry to get it done but if yr route is quicker then grrreat!

mind you, if you wanna come down and get more practice on mine...LOL

BTW - great job mate. Are you going to do the handrake/gearstick area as well? if you dont have it you might be interested in mine? its a little scratched here n there...

Have a look at the above photo, the handbrake/gearstick section has been done.

I shall get some photos done by tomorrow night with any luck.

r07s
Thursday 6th April 2006, 23:26
Have a look at the above photo, the handbrake/gearstick section has been done.
Glad to hear it!

I did look at the picture mate!! Must be my browser cos the image makes that area look a sort of greyish green colour?? Thought it was a little strange you'd left that bit out ;) or maybe took the shot prior to doin it...

Firefox does through up quite a few anomilies of images on the forum - sometimes just gives you the top quarter of the image :wtf:

Anyhow, looking forward to the write up eh!