PDA

View Full Version : flat spot

fast-t5
Saturday 1st April 2006, 21:54
Ok i have a problem on my t5 when you say sit at 70-80 mph in 5th and stamp it the car goes like hell then for 100th of a second it feels like someone has stamped on the brakes and then carrys on pulling hard, now if im at 70-80 mph in 5th drop it in to 3rd and floor it then 4th then 5th its fine it doesn't do it, now the other thing (maybe connected) is that my intercooler pipe nips really badly and eventually blows off wich is desturbing if any of this makes sense and you no what im talking about then advice would be great thanks. shaun

GuyD5
Saturday 1st April 2006, 22:41
Not being technical. I have no real idea what the problem is ... what brand and octane of petrol are you running?

mikezero
Saturday 1st April 2006, 23:37
that might be your boost control valve/solnoid, might just went recently, gave the same syptoms, and it wont throw a ecu code up.

D

siamblue
Saturday 1st April 2006, 23:56
that might be your boost control valve/solnoid, might just went recently, gave the same syptoms, and it wont throw a ecu code up.

D

mine went a couple of weeks ago and i wrecked my engine, so get it checked or replaced asap,

Gary.

TwistedSanity
Sunday 2nd April 2006, 10:29
Clutch slipping perhaps?

fast-t5
Sunday 2nd April 2006, 11:25
cheers the petrol is bp ultimate and thats all i use boost control valve havent heard that one ill get it checked, as for the clutch its brand new only just been fitted and it was doing this last year before the clutch was fitted so im hoping that isnt it. ok well thanks for your help ill get it checked.

fast-t5
Saturday 8th April 2006, 22:07
anyone else with possible causes

Andy
Saturday 8th April 2006, 22:13
Sounds like the BCS to me.

If the power is dying off then the Solenoid clearly isn't working right.

Dodgy Actuator?

fast-t5
Saturday 8th April 2006, 22:15
sorry to sound stupid but were do i look for the bcs mate

Andy
Saturday 8th April 2006, 22:21
sorry to sound stupid but were do i look for the bcs mate
Hey, No problem.

The BCS is located just off the air box.

If you look you will notice a smaller tube coming from the air box which when goes to the BCS. The bcs then tree's the air elsewhere.

fast-t5
Saturday 8th April 2006, 22:24
ah the pipe to air box keeps coming off thanks ill look in to it, my intercooler pipe keeps blowing off as well after loads of heavy right foot,

Andy
Saturday 8th April 2006, 23:09
ah the pipe to air box keeps coming off thanks ill look in to it, my intercooler pipe keeps blowing off as well after loads of heavy right foot,

Jubilee Clip from Focus/B&q/Motor Factors will sort that little problem.

If you ever get any sort of boost problem always check the vacuum system and air intake hoses ensuring there good quality and properly sealed to the male fitment.

fast-t5
Saturday 8th April 2006, 23:14
i wish it has two jubilee clips on it now it just seems to boost so hard that it works its way off, when i had it rollin roaded it stalled the rollers twice when the turbo kicked in.