PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Speedo - Diagnostic Tests

Mark_V40T4
Saturday 1st April 2006, 12:16
Hi there, the speedo on the V40 has gone off, we phoned up volvo and said its gonna need to have a diagnostic, this is gonna cost £86 per hour.. for 2 hours..

does anyone know what could of caused the speedo to go off or if i can get the diagnostics somewhere else cheaper. in the north east area would be preferred.

Mark_V40T4
Saturday 1st April 2006, 17:57
AnyBody? ..

GuyD5
Saturday 1st April 2006, 18:20
Sorry mate ... I've no idea :( ... is it an electronic speedo, if so, check fuses and wiring ... other than that ... sorry. don't know what it might be :(

Mark_V40T4
Sunday 2nd April 2006, 19:11
Hi there, how do u know if it is an electronic speedo?

Thx. Mark.

Vikingxl
Monday 3rd April 2006, 17:41
What year ids the car my 98 me7 v70 has an electronis speedo that is part of the abs unit dont know if thats any help

Mark_V40T4
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 19:13
yep its a 98 v40 t4. We asked volvo any they said is the abs light on? .. but it isnt. Said we need to get diagnostics ..

im just wandering how much its gonna cost to get it fixed .. before we get the diagnostics test from volvo..

£86 per hour for 2 hours... i mean come on how long does it take to plug it in so there machine can read it?..

easy money .. :icon_soap

jimka
Saturday 15th April 2006, 18:31
I dont know if its too late of a reply.....

When you say its gone off? As in no mileage reading and no lights? Try removing the speedo-unit and plugging it back in, there is two plugs on mine, make sure they are both firmly plugged in.

if the dials are not illuminated (like it did on mine) then somewhere above the radio is a connector which i hit and it got them working again (must of came unplugged when putting my new cd unit in)

if you need help removing the speedo unit say and i'll give you some instructons, its fairly simple but very tight space to work in as the steering wheel gets in the way!

Jim