PDA

View Full Version : The final journey & a huge thank you!!

Wobbly Dave
Friday 31st March 2006, 17:55
There has been a few problems trying to sort out the disposal and I havent been as pro-active as maybe I should getting rid of the remains of my late -Felicity - following my accident last November

A massive relief to be able to get watch the remains of my last car disappear.
It also gives me another opportunity to reflect and offer my heart-felt thanks to all who have suppported me through a difficult few months.
Special mention for Justin and MrsMopp - without their support I would not be able to cope. It has been emotional!!
Finally a huge weight has been lifted and the car-cass is gone. Thanks to all that help me right from sorting the accident, looking out for me, dismantling (Justin can we have the pics???) - down to her final journey today. The boys from "Scrap It" (Leicester) were very discreet, professional and did stirling work.

Due to the narrow access to Moppy's garage - they used a transit with a spec lift to get the car out (using the bonnet as a skid (no wheels). Took about an hour - but they did an awesome job!!

Thanks!

jim.covers
Friday 31st March 2006, 18:06
Bloody el Dave, thats a sad sight.

Hope ur gettin nearer the new 1.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 31st March 2006, 18:09
Jim, on the contrary it is a joyous sight - as I can move on now and put it all behind me.

Vikingxl
Friday 31st March 2006, 18:12
It is a sad sight Dave but as you say you can move on now

jim.covers
Friday 31st March 2006, 18:17
I get exactly what ur sayin Dave.

arbee
Friday 31st March 2006, 19:21
blimey that really was stripped! well as you say, will good to move onwards and upwards

Mrsmopp
Friday 31st March 2006, 19:50
May everyone remember the sight of this C70 shell next time they hit the loud pedal in the wrong frame of mind, I for one always will, its been a lesson learnt.

I'm glad its all complete now and that era is well and truely at an end with no nasty reminders hanging over us.

Onwards and upwards Wobbly.

x

P.S Still love you lots!

siamblue
Friday 31st March 2006, 21:08
Hi Dave i will be joining you soon as i will be dismantling mine in the next week,
So will know how you felt on the day, I just hope i can get my new car to ease the sadness in the demise of my old one,
Going to look at another one on Sunday, so fingers crossed,

Gary.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 31st March 2006, 22:04
May everyone remember the sight of this C70 shell next time they hit the loud pedal in the wrong frame of mind, I for one always will, its been a lesson learnt.

I'm glad its all complete now and that era is well and truely at an end with no nasty reminders hanging over us.

x

P.S Still love you lots!
Thanks Chuck - you're a superstar!!

The Saint
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 08:17
Nothing wrong with that, a little T-Cut and it'll be back to new :jaw:

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 08:34
yeah I am sure it would just buff out. Having no engine, transmission, wheels, interior, door, front end - I am sure it would just sail through the MOT!?! LOL

Murphy
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 08:38
CLOSSURE Dave ;)

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 08:45
Murph - the chassis was bent so I couldnt get closure (door closure) LOL :slap:

I am sure you lot will never let me forget. LOL

racer
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 09:14
There is some corner of an English field that is forever Wobbly......

And a seriously traumatised hedge!

;)

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 09:22
Now even I have to say that's one of the best jibes I seen since last November - LMAO!!

Quality!

racer
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 09:36
Wasn't really a jibe,

> - LMAO!!

Mission accomplished. :)

Vikingxl
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 10:18
Never mind Wobbly one the future is waiting for you to enter it at high speed.Preferably on four wheels and not through a hedge.Felicity is dead long live.......?

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 10:24
...the next one.

Fully intend to keep all the wheels inline and on the ground!

siamblue
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 13:49
...the next one.

Fully intend to keep all the wheels inline and on the ground!

AWD? all Wobbly Dave you know it makes sense :)

Gary,

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 14:00
Nope - I think I will stick with slowing down some.

And possibly running the right map with the right turbo:saythat:

(just pulling yer leg) ;)

Andrew
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 19:43
Nope - I think I will stick with slowing down some.

And possibly running the right map with the right turbo:saythat:

(just pulling yer leg) ;)

Oh low blow low blow - red card ! Ref are you blind?

Justin
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 19:56
Play on :)

Engineer
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 20:00

x

P.S Still love you lots!I honestly thought the above said it all. But as it's turned into a free for all maybe if Wobbly had had a bit more downforce on the rear lol he would have made the turn. Just a thought :slap:

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 20:53
Yes I had a crash but I didnt loose the plot completely LOL

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 20:54
Oh low blow low blow - red card ! Ref are you blind?
I think it is well past the time where I should be passing on the batton marked "Point and Laugh". A good ribbing comes to us all eventually - and I meant it "in the best possible taste" (crosses legs)

Tomcat
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 21:15
I agree, can somebody else do something silly please, we need another scape goat!!

Wobbly's had enough of a battering, who's next??.

racer
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 21:31
First race of the season next weekend, so good chance it's going to be me!

BlackBeast
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 22:07
First race of the season next weekend, so good chance it's going to be me!

Racer, will you be visiting Pembrey circuit this season? If so, its only down the road from me so would love to come and watch.

siamblue
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 22:10
I agree, can somebody else do something silly please, we need another scape goat!!

Wobbly's had enough of a battering, who's next??.

Probably me mate, If i don't rotate my tyres and run all the same rubber, boy are these 18s going to be expensive.

Gary.

racer
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 22:15
Racer, will you be visiting Pembrey circuit this season? If so, its only down the road from me so would love to come and watch.

Sadly no. Went there for the first time in 2005. Rather liked it, apart from the first corner which I only got right once during 2 quallies and 2 races!

Race dates are posted on here somewhere under meet ups.

Anyone on here is most welcome. :)

Found it..
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7800