PDA

View Full Version : New bits ordered

riedquat
Friday 31st March 2006, 16:50
Ok, thats the bank balance depleted a bit..just ordered a set of crystal lights, an egg create grill and a few other sundries from Marshall Volvo. Oliver was very helpful over the phone and they even managed to save me well over £100 on the quote from my local dealer, so they will definately be top of the list for any other parts purchases from now on. :-)

Mrsmopp
Friday 31st March 2006, 21:34
Crystal lights are becoming very popular!! When does it all arrive - sont forget the pics!!! :D

x

Engineer
Friday 31st March 2006, 21:41
Standard on me new ST Focus. Sorry getting carried away lol.

riedquat
Friday 31st March 2006, 21:58
Hopefully collecting them on Tuesday and yes there will be pics :-) I might even try my hand at a fitting guide.

After_Shock
Saturday 1st April 2006, 08:00
Engineer crystal and also projector headlights are standard on the focus!

riedquat
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 22:55
okay, look what I went and picked up today, (i was in Leicester so I popped over to collect). mmm..nice and shiny :-)

Matt30462
Tuesday 4th April 2006, 23:01
Even with the help of Oliver, that looks like a very expensive pile of swag.Very nice though.

Vikingxl
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 04:33
I'm sure those will look fantastic on the car hurry up and get them fitted so we can see the piccys

siamblue
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 09:35
very nice, when are you getting the HID?

Gary,

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 09:44
okay, look what I went and picked up today, (i was in Leicester so I popped over to collect). mmm..nice and shiny :-)

Ohhhh shiney's!!! Look great! Even better when they are on the car ;)

x

Azza
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 10:03
I would appreciate very much if you did produce some sort of step-by-step guide as i'm thinking about getting similar nice bits for my motor, but am a bit of a novice at fitting things!

What's the main difference between the crystal and the clear light housings ? They look fairly similar...?

Azza

riedquat
Saturday 8th April 2006, 14:06
Ok, time for the pics now :

Before:

riedquat
Saturday 8th April 2006, 14:08
After fitting the New Grill:

riedquat
Saturday 8th April 2006, 14:09
And finally, after fitting the Lights:

Andrew
Saturday 8th April 2006, 14:14
And finally, after fitting the Lights:

Transforms the whole car in my opinion - makes it look newer. I did exactly the same to mine.

Ac.

marshall_volvo
Saturday 8th April 2006, 14:18
They Really Do Set Of The Car At The Front I Like Them Even If I Do Sell Them

Regards
Wayne

riedquat
Saturday 8th April 2006, 14:32
As for fitting, the grill is a five minute job, open the bonnet and locate the six retaining clips holding the grill in place. Carefully remove these by sliding them ( a tiny bit of force is required) and then lift the grill out. Place the new grill in and then replace the clips. Five will be easy to reattach, the sixth is right behind the bonnet release handle and as the new grill is much deeper, those with larger hands my find it easier to temporarilly remove the release handle.

The lights were straight forward.

1) Firstly park your car so it is facing a wall, fence or other flat surface. Turn on your headlights so they shine on the wall. Fix sheets of paper to the wall so that the beam from the lights falls on the paper. Using a pen/pencil mark on the paper the centre of the beam and the extremities of the beam (this will be used to re-align the new lights). Turn the lights back off.

2) Remove the wiring connectors from the back of the lights (there will be two if you have motorised beam adjustment, one if not).

3) Remove the top two bolts (10mm) from the bonnet release catches pivot those 45 degrees towards the rear of the engine bay for easy access.

4) Depress the (grey?) clip at the rear of the indicator cluster and slide the entire indicator cluster forward, as you do so, disconnect the wiring plug from the rear of the unit. The indicator cluster can now be fully removed.

5) Remove the 3 mounting bolts (10mm) from the rear of the light being carful not to drop them into the engine bay (if you do, they will fall onto the plastic faring directly underneath and behind the bumper). Fold the headlight wiper out of the way if fitted. Lift the light out.

6) Fit new light and secure with the 3 bolts you removed. Attach the wiring plug to the new indicator cluster and slide this back into the wing, the release clip should snap into place.

7) Pivot the bonnet release catch back into its correct position and reattach the two top bolts.

8) Reattach the wiring connectors for the headlights.

9) Turn on your lights and note now where the beam is projected against the sheets of paper you put up earlier. If you are lucky, ther beam should be in the same position, if not you can now use the adjustment points on the lights to alter the beam position until it is back in light with your marks you made earlier.

Shouldn't take too long..about 30-40mins in total.

marshall_volvo
Saturday 8th April 2006, 14:36
There Is No Difference Azza Some Peeps Call Them Clear Some Call Them Crystal But Both The Same At The End Of The Day Mate

riedquat
Saturday 8th April 2006, 14:38
You will also sometimes see them referred to as 'Continental' style :-)

siamblue
Saturday 8th April 2006, 16:04
You will also sometimes see them referred to as 'Continental' style :-)

brilliant write up Riedquat, I will be fitting mine to the Blackcurrant beauty on Wednesday. :band:

BlackBeast
Saturday 8th April 2006, 16:17
2nd pic looks the best imo :troutslap to myself before anyone else does it :bog:

Vikingxl
Sunday 9th April 2006, 16:28
Car looks fantastic for a gay gold gimp chariot well done mate money well spent

riedquat
Sunday 9th April 2006, 16:46
gay gold gimp chariot

No Comment, I refuse to be baited :haha:

Vikingxl
Sunday 9th April 2006, 16:49
Lol car looks great mate i will be looking out for it on my travels

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 9th April 2006, 18:13
Very nice look and good instructions too!

Azza
Monday 10th April 2006, 09:21
Excellent, car's looking great and thanks for the step-by-step write-up, greatly appreciated!

Azza

Jod T5
Monday 8th May 2006, 07:04
may i add that i think the grill and lights look fantastic....:jaw: really suit the motor:wink:
good luck
jod

MartinK
Monday 8th May 2006, 12:07
That does look the DBs.

I've always hated those horrible ridged headlight lenses (on any car) since knowing about the alternatives. Clear glass headlights always look better, by a long, long way.

As for blackbeast......

http://costumes4less.com/prodimages/previews/5/preview29027.jpg

:D

BlackBeast
Monday 8th May 2006, 13:31
As for blackbeast......

http://costumes4less.com/prodimages/previews/5/preview29027.jpg

:D

Martin, how did you get a picture of me??? :tank: :ready2go: :lol:

abdul
Sunday 9th July 2006, 10:56
how much did they cost

thunderace
Sunday 9th July 2006, 13:15
great lights, what a difference

adriancole
Sunday 9th July 2006, 14:07
and are they actually glass lenses??...may seem a dim question, though I have no idea....look great though

welshboy
Sunday 9th July 2006, 20:46
Great looking lights and grille.

I also would like to enquire how much they set you back. I also have a C70 T5 like yours. Would love to do that mod.

tony

Azza
Sunday 9th July 2006, 22:13
I think it's close to £600 for lights and grille...

Azza

c70mel
Monday 10th July 2006, 19:03
There the full light assemblies i think.

I have seen these C70 headlight lens (covers) before... that would make sense to just take off the murky looking headlight glass and replace it with a clear one? any1 know why this isn't possible?

T5ER
Monday 10th July 2006, 19:33
There the full light assemblies i think.

I have seen these C70 headlight lens (covers) before... that would make sense to just take off the murky looking headlight glass and replace it with a clear one? any1 know why this isn't possible?

the murky lenses make up your beam pattern if you take them of and replace with clear no beam pattern,the clear lenses have a different reflector inside to project the beam pattern