PDA

View Full Version : shall I buy a D5 is 4C worth it?

D5R
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 22:21
I dont do high mileage - I only use my car for long runs for fun - so efficiency isnt a key factor.

A RICA'd 163BHP to 185BHP (is this as far as it can go?). But still only has STC - 4C didnt come till 04 cars I think.

D5 RICA'd apparently makes it as good as a stock T5

The other day I kept up with as stock- but I suspect my STC was not as effective as the A4 05 2.0 Diesel's dynamic stability traction control.

They have the same torque on paper 320Nm

Shall I RICA my T5 - gonna have to have a go at the brakes again if I do.

Thing is - the other day - some bu**er blocked me in - in a parking lot - and I had to to a 45 degree turn - me classic V70 can do that - wouldnt have got away with it in a D5

Seen an embarassed D5 have to do a mini roundabout in 2 goes - I do it everyday in me classic!

I just aint convinced I am ready for the D5 that I can afford at the moment - so I think - maybe I shall prolong my enjoyment of the T5...

Redbrick
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 23:09
You looking at this one by any chance?

http://www.formulacars.co.uk/vehicles/403.html

Worth speaking to Steve at Formula Cars about them. Certainly knows his stuff :)

Demand he removes those rancid spot lights- don't say I said though lol

Andy

PS they're Rica dealers as well :sinner:

GuyD5
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 23:37
Hey Andy ..... can't believe those spotlights .... rancid is a 'good' word for them :)

BlackBeast
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 23:45
[QUOTE=D5R]I dont do high mileage - I only use my car for long runs for fun - so efficiency isnt a key factor.

QUOTE]

If you dont do many miles and use a car for fun, why oh why do you want a diesel??? And for that matter why buy a Volvo??? Go and buy yourself an early 90's TVR or the like.

volvotuning
Thursday 30th March 2006, 08:49
A RICA'd 163BHP to 185BHP (is this as far as it can go?). But still only has STC - 4C didnt come till 04 cars I think.

D5 RICA'd apparently makes it as good as a stock T5

The 2004 D5 163 tunes to over 200 bhp and a minimum of 435 Nm torque. The sports tune goes to about 210-215 bhp and around 450-475 Nm of torque. From a rolling start, they will be faster tuned than a stock T5.

Adam.

madness
Thursday 30th March 2006, 22:31
that has 18's.

the turning circle will be about 100yards. :slap: