PDA

View Full Version : See inside my dashboard

r07s
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 12:09
Just got my Haynes manual :haha:

I can now see what is required to replace my facia trim and centre console - anybody want to come and spectate/ land a hand with the screwdriver?

I was thinking if we had a few people we could also do a step by step photo guide for the forum?

Feels like a possible mini meet...

Andrew
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 12:11
Where are you located?

r07s
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 12:20
a place called cookham nr Maidenhead, Berks!

J8/9 M4 or J4 M40.

its 5-10mins from either junction mate - you fancy a laugh watching me eh?

Where are you dude? (err that'll be whitchford then :slap: )

Andrew
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 12:26
a place called cookham nr Maidenhead, Berks!

J8/9 M4 or J4 M40.

its 5-10mins from either junction mate - you fancy a laugh watching me eh?

Where are you dude? (err that'll be whitchford then :slap: )

Ah yes cookham - know it well. Used to work in Maidenhead and have a friend and another friends family who live there. Well I'm about 2hrs away so probably a bit far for me to nip down especially as I'm off to India on Friday for a week.

How about leaving it till the East Anglia meet ? happy to help you out there ?

arbee
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 12:36
pulled my centre console off at the weekend, got a dodgy window switch, quite simple on the 850, just a load of torx screws, not sure about the facia tho :) Would love to help only will be in the US for two weeks come the weekend - oh the inconvnience... :)

r07s
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 12:52
Guys you a very generous - I'm in no hurry to do this i'll just see what interest i get before deciding a time.

Arbee - your right about the screws - think i'll need to get another battery for my screwdriver. ;)

dicky b t5
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 17:45
Guys you a very generous - I'm in no hurry to do this i'll just see what interest i get before deciding a time.

Arbee - your right about the screws - think i'll need to get another battery for my screwdriver. ;)
Darryl, Leave it till the Essex meet mate, I'll bring some tools and we'll all
jump on it.

SaffronC70
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 18:59
I can do it for you mate; but I might be busy this weekend, buying back my old car ! yey.

Whitey

r07s
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 19:23
Darryl, Leave it till the Essex meet mate, I'll bring some tools and we'll all
jump on it.
sounds like a laugh! wont we want to be doing other stuff though?? You wont want to be pulling KNL to pieces - or is this the norm at a meet :)

I can do it for you mate; but I might be busy this weekend, buying back my old car ! yey.

Whitey

Chris WTF? Buying back ya old car??? Need any help?

Mate thats a top offer; the real help will be all that bloody unscrewing! I also need to get the stereo code - ideas anyone?

Engineer
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 19:30
Just got to see all you guys trying to remove that consul at the same time :wink:

arbee
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 19:34
I also need to get the stereo code - ideas anyone?

a volvo main dealer can look up your codes for nowt. The very nice people in welwyn garden city did mine over the phone - they just wanted to see a fax of the v5 to prove ownership :)

r07s
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 19:52
a volvo main dealer can look up your codes for nowt. The very nice people in welwyn garden city did mine over the phone - they just wanted to see a fax of the v5 to prove ownership :)
COOL - cheers fella!

siamblue
Thursday 30th March 2006, 17:40
Just got to see all you guys trying to remove that consul at the same time :wink:

Yeah me to GAZ, Imagine big Andrew in the drivers seat with a screwdriver lol,

Might be able too help in a week time, going too see a R in High Wycombe, thats if i don't buy the VR4 ;)

Gary