PDA

View Full Version : V70 7 seat conversion

bigbluebus
Tuesday 28th March 2006, 13:48
Hi all,

I've just picked up a set of the rear-facing seats to stick in the back of our v70R, to give us room for 7. I can then avoid the need ever to drive a minivan and therefore keep my self esteem intact.

So.... my saturday morning project will be to fit them. Anybody got some helpful hints for me? I've never actually seen the kit, so I'm assuming it will be easy!

Cheers, Steve

Andrew
Tuesday 28th March 2006, 13:57
Lucky so and so - I've had me eyes out for some of these for a while.
I will still keep looking.

Ac.

bigbluebus
Tuesday 28th March 2006, 14:21
I bought from a place called Salvo - I think he said he had 2 so may be worth a call?

You're right they are a bugger to find. I had to compromise and buy one that does not match the interior of the car, but for the times I will need it, so what?

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 28th March 2006, 14:28
I bought from a place called Salvo - I think he said he had 2 so may be worth a call?

You're right they are a bugger to find. I had to compromise and buy one that does not match the interior of the car, but for the times I will need it, so what?

If you had said you were a member of this forum you'd have got a discount!!! Its always worth a quick gander in the members discounts section of the forum beore buying anything ;)

x

bigbluebus
Tuesday 28th March 2006, 15:05
Damn. Where's the "throwing yourself out a topfloor window" smiley?

Oh well, live and learn....

Andrew
Tuesday 28th March 2006, 15:34
Seems they've sold their other one too.
:(

Redbrick
Tuesday 28th March 2006, 15:40
Fitting instructions at the end of this thread:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7860&page=1&pp=10

bigbluebus
Tuesday 28th March 2006, 16:30
Thanks a 1,000,000 that's just the job. Funny that did not come up in my search.

Now, can you guarantee no rain and/or snow on Saturday AM when I'm doing this??

Cheers, Steve

Vikingxl
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 05:18
So how did it go then are the seats fitter or in a smouldering heap where you hurled them in frustration and llit them?

Andrew Guy T5 was looking at getting rid of his extra seats a while ago might be worth a pm

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 10:00
Seems they've sold their other one too.
:(
GuyT5 has one (in beige leather) if you need it Andrew

GuyD5
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 10:03
Replied to your PM Andrew :)

Vikingxl
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 10:37
GuyT5 has one (in beige leather) if you need it Andrew
Wobbly you are loosing the plot mate i said that 5hrs ago lol :troutslap

Redbrick
Thursday 6th April 2006, 00:30
S T O P, please!!!!

I need beige but could only get black....

Wanna do swopsies? :remybussi

If you want black, that is!!!

Andrew
Thursday 6th April 2006, 07:41
S T O P, please!!!!

I need beige but could only get black....

Wanna do swopsies? :remybussi

If you want black, that is!!!

While in fact his interior his baige - the extra seats are black.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 6th April 2006, 08:33
Wobbly you are loosing the plot mate i said that 5hrs ago lol :troutslapoops My bad!

BTW you can't lose something you never had :haha:

Redbrick
Thursday 6th April 2006, 09:19
While in fact his interior his baige - the extra seats are black.

:slap: The hunt continues lol

bigbluebus
Thursday 6th April 2006, 13:20
So how did it go then are the seats fitter or in a smouldering heap where you hurled them in frustration and llit them?

Totally non-frustrating job! I really like working on Volvos, they are so thoughtfully engineered. (My other 2 cars are Lotuses, so maybe I just have low expectations!)

The only hitch on the job was with one of the seatbelts (in fact I have only a 6 seater conversion right now...)

Top marks to the guy from Salvo, who thoughtfully tied off the belts so they did not wind right back into the inertia reel and get stuck. BUT: Nil points to me for loosening the second one off prior to fitting, and then getting distracted by one of the kids. Cue my return 5 minutes later to a completely reeled in (and stuck) seatbelt. Ho-hum.

No big deal because 6 seats was enough for now. Also I'm not a big fan of strapping my kids in with 2nd hand belts so a new set were alwyas in the longer term plan anyway (I'll get the added bonus of colour matching to the rest of the interior as well).

regards, Steve

Vikingxl
Thursday 6th April 2006, 13:22
Well done mate im glad it went well

t5owner
Thursday 6th April 2006, 13:45
Guy do you still have the extra seats as i`m looking for some in believe it or not "BLACK" pm me if there still available and what sort of price are you looking at

Cheers

Stuart

Thiabu
Monday 22nd May 2006, 12:36
I'm interested in the beige leather conversion from Guy T5 - is it still available?

t5owner
Monday 22nd May 2006, 12:41
I'm interested in the beige leather conversion from Guy T5 - is it still available?

GuyT5`s extra seats are black mate

Cheers

Stuart

GuyD5
Monday 22nd May 2006, 13:05
Sorry I missed your post in April Stuart, sent you a PM :)

t5owner
Monday 22nd May 2006, 13:52
Sorry I missed your post in April Stuart, sent you a PM :)

Received and replied to

Thanks mate

Stuart