PDA

View Full Version : R bumper,

siamblue
Monday 27th March 2006, 18:39
RIght all of you peeps in the know, I am at presently looking at buying a new car, What i need too know and i don't need anyone guessing were the R bumpers on the R delete options? I find it hard too believe that someone would buy a R and not have the R bumper on it, I have my suspisions it has had a bang up the front,
Anyone got a R with a standard bumper on it?

Gary.

Engineer
Monday 27th March 2006, 18:42
RIght all of you peeps in the know, I am at presently looking at buying a new car, What i need too know and i don't need anyone guessing were the R bumpers on the R delete options? I find it hard too believe that someone would buy a R and not have the R bumper on it, I have my suspisions it has had a bang up the front,

Gary.
Only if its had a bump lol :hidesbehi

Andy
Monday 27th March 2006, 18:56
Only if its had a bump lol :hidesbehi

:lol: HEHE!

Justin
Monday 27th March 2006, 19:58

Gary.
Gary you make no sense to me at all, you been sniffin the copper slip down SW Auto's ?

Mrsmopp
Monday 27th March 2006, 21:00
Have you HPI'd it Gary? PM sent

x

S60D5
Monday 27th March 2006, 21:07

Gary.

Yes it was a delete option, but hardly anyone opted for it cos the R bumper looks better than the standard one. I'd HPI check it and give it a good visual for sure to be on the safeside

dicky b t5
Monday 27th March 2006, 21:17
Gaz, its not on the Options list for the "R", but poss that someone either...

1) Dont like the look of um.
2) Changed it for a more standard/stealthy look.
3) Its had a prang, matey didnt want to fork out for R one.

Anymore you can think of anyone...

Andrew
Monday 27th March 2006, 21:18
Do what I did G - take along a couple of members - other eyes always help.

S60D5
Monday 27th March 2006, 21:24
Do what I did G - take along a couple of members - other eyes always help.

Go one step better and take someone who works in a bodyshop along. They will let you know if its been in a bump or not within about 30 seconds of looking under the bonnet.

Andrew
Monday 27th March 2006, 21:27
Most people with a bit of sense can see if it's had a bang and just how well it's been repaired.

Gaps standard right along. shape. Stick your hand behind the bodywork looking for problems, oversprey etc etc.

My R had a prang at the front but has been repaired really well - work done at Volvo. It also had a respray which was not so good as it has oversprey.

But obviously if you have an expert to hand then go for it.

Ac.

r07s
Monday 27th March 2006, 21:30

Gary.
Hi Gary,

I walked away from a silver S70R (in Reading) cos it never had the R front bumper - the ownwer hadnt realised when he'd bought it but discussed it with the previous owner who said hed not changed it in his ownwership and hed had it from relatively new - i spoke to him and he was a traffic cop (in stafford i think!) and he sounded genuine to me.

It appeared that it'd been spec'd that way from new...??

I walked away as i wanted the real deal - as it were.

...ended up with a bloody gay number LOL! :slap:

I couldnt find any sign of repair; everything as it should be!

siamblue
Monday 27th March 2006, 21:47
Cheers guys, i couldn't find any damage either, bonnet had the same distance along both wings, did have the mechanics ripple along the top edge of the wing though, I think this guy has bought it with this bumper on, and know he has made a mistake,
He is just trying too play it out to see if i will buy it with the standard bumper, but i ain't happy, but the price is good, so i want £400 off the cost at least for the bumper,
Moppy not HPI'ed it yet, better get on and do it,

and no way will i have a GG car,

Gary.

I will phone Olly in the morning, or has anyone got Aftershocks number they could pass on to me in a PM ?

Hi Gary,

I walked away from a silver S70R (in Reading) cos it never had the R front bumper - the ownwer hadnt realised when he'd bought it but discussed it with the previous owner who said hed not changed it in his ownwership and hed had it from relatively new - i spoke to him and he was a traffic cop (in stafford i think!) and he sounded genuine to me.

It appeared that it'd been spec'd that way from new...??

I walked away as i wanted the real deal - as it were.

...ended up with a bloody gay number LOL! :slap:

I couldnt find any sign of repair; everything as it should be!

r07s
Monday 27th March 2006, 22:08
I also got a dealer quote for a little over £400 - which comes already painted. The guy wouldnt come down in price so i walked - he phoned a day later to say he would, but i was on my way to Brum to pick up another.

good luck eh!

arbee
Monday 27th March 2006, 22:17
If its reasonably local I could come cast my eye mate. Hope it is a go-er :)

siamblue
Monday 27th March 2006, 23:31
If its reasonably local I could come cast my eye mate. Hope it is a go-er :)

Hi Mate no it is in Gloucester, miles away, should've taken it too the VPCUk meet, that would've sorted it out once and for all lol,

Gary.