PDA

View Full Version : Deal Of The Century!!!!

LeeT5
Monday 27th March 2006, 18:03
:haha: Yes you got it, yesterday i bought a black leather center armrest off a bloke who wanted a plastic one cos of his dog scratching the leather............. i could not believe my luck. Gave him £20 for his trouble and promptly drove to his house to swap my crappy plastic one for his nice , plush leather one (with cup holder). Oh yeah baby. :remybussi

Got home, scrubbed it up with degreaser, dryed it and then treated it to some Autoglym leather treatment. Came up a treat with not a mark on it.

As you all will know these sell like rocking horse ££££ at scrappys and cost nearly £200 from the dealer. :wiggle: :wiggle: Boy am i chuffed.

Vikingxl
Monday 27th March 2006, 18:05
Lucky find well done!

pault5
Monday 27th March 2006, 18:20
you git :B_blite: , i paid £70 on ebay a while back :dunce:

siamblue
Monday 27th March 2006, 18:32
Where's the pics then? lol nice one,

Gary.

JO5EPH
Monday 27th March 2006, 18:35
Do you know if you can buy the cup-holder seperately??

Mine is a leather one in beige (1997 S70), but no cup-holder, not the most important thing in the world but it would be nice to have one!

Joe :)

pault5
Monday 27th March 2006, 18:38
man you got to have cupholders :bog:

siamblue
Monday 27th March 2006, 18:43

Mine is a leather one in beige (1997 S70), but no cup-holder, not the most important thing in the world but it would be nice to have one!

Yes think it is around the £31 + vat mark, part number 32471.

Gary

Engineer
Monday 27th March 2006, 18:44

Mate got cup holders never use em lol.

dicky b t5
Monday 27th March 2006, 21:00
Mate got cup holders never use em lol.
Ditto mate got um, but never used um...

Put any Drink in them when your Flying about, Its gonna go Everywhere...LOL! :slap:

LeeT5
Monday 27th March 2006, 22:43
Where's the pics then? lol nice one,

Gary.

Ohh piccys coming to a screen near you soon!!!!!!!!!

LeeT5
Friday 7th April 2006, 14:00
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/Leatherarmrestwithcupholder.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/Leatherarmrestwithcupholder1.jpg

No more sore elbow after a long haul!! :)

As for spilling drinks??? Thats what lids were invented for. :slap:

BigJC
Friday 7th April 2006, 16:33
Looking good, I can see the advantages of fitting them to auto's but mine is a serious obstruction in cog swapping, maybe I need to grow monkey arms!

pzorb
Friday 7th April 2006, 17:45
Oh right, they're optional are they? I've got one, it's completely useless on a manual because the cup holder bit gets in the way of the handbrake and 2nd and 4th gears. Comfy and plush though.

LeeT5
Friday 7th April 2006, 17:48
Oh right, they're optional are they? I've got one, it's completely useless on a manual because the cup holder bit gets in the way of the handbrake and 2nd and 4th gears. Comfy and plush though.

Not quite optional, fitted as standard to all CD, GLE, and R models. (all with full leather) optional on all other models. Personally i think GLT (half leather) should have been standard also..Anything with cloth and no leather can get stuffed!!! :haha:

blackbooty
Friday 7th April 2006, 21:18
very nice, good colour match as well by the look of it.
Lee mate.... you know youve made it in life when youve got cup holders!!!
a warm welcome to the club !
between me n you... i aint ever used mine.

LeeT5
Saturday 8th April 2006, 18:10
very nice, good colour match as well by the look of it.
Lee mate.... you know youve made it in life when youve got cup holders!!!
a warm welcome to the club !
between me n you... i aint ever used mine.

LOL, lets face it, if Jeremy Clarkson can moan about a car that doesnt have cup holders then he must have a point. On the odd occasion that i might scoot up the motorway for a few hours then the cupholders would defo come in handy, cos up until now i had been wedging bottles between the handbrake lever and passenger seat. Now i can put them in the proper holder... :B_steerin

IMHO they are a nessesity in any car. Just ashame Volvo want nearly £200 for one otherwise i would have got one 4 years ago!!!! :frown:

Still sorted now. :anmflower