PDA

View Full Version : Santa Pod - WWW.THEFASTSHOW.COM 3rd April 2005

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 13th March 2005, 23:13
Just to let people know after taking part in the festivities at Avon park on the 2nd April both RandomGuy and myself will be travelling up to Santa Pod for the weekends entertainment at "The Fast Show".

You can view any details at : WWW.THEFASTSHOW.COM (http://www.thefastshow.com)

I don't expect a large list from those attending Avon Park, but if your unable to make Avon Park why not join us on Sunday.........

1. JUDGENINJA
2. RandomGuy

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 9th April 2005, 04:38
I was going through Old posts that had been made and thought that this one needed a report just to close it off nicely.. Many of you lot will have already read it as it is almost a straight copy from Avon Park thread...

Well good evening peoples...You lot have had an extra day to post you report well i thought I'd better add my bit....

what can I say...I managed to pack almost everthing (couldn't unbolt the kitchen sink) Gazebos/stoves/tents/food/17" alloys/tools etc into the trailer ready for the trip. With the expedition ready both RandomGuy and I left Anglesey Friday to travel down to the travellodge. It was a pretty slow and uneventful trip down 70-75 most of the way and there were no traffic problems at all. On the way down we stopped in Crewe to pick up a friend and his luggage (I think about 4 suite cases.....(For camping..????)).

After dropping off the trailer and my car we enjoyed a road side fish and chip meal, whilst watching all the chav-mobiles go round and round and round again....at one stage we thought a fiesta was lost as it circled a round about about twenty times but then we realised that there was two of them....

Saturday at Avon Park (see other thread)....
What a great welcome.....We were glad to see so many old faces as well as new ones. With a rough estimate of 5000bhp to share out, those that dared hit the track....Ramdomguy in his tuned Nissan Primera had looked to be competition for me in my standard T-5 on the day after initial testing after replacing his Flywheel which totally changed the accelerating characteristics of his car. But on the day the massive advantage in torque in the T-5 engine ment he's still got a lot to do.

I did spend most of the day fighting to get under 15.5 but with the odd bit of divine intervention managed a 15.275 which was identical to last year, so I was generally happy but would have liked to better my technique to get a lower 15.2.

Anyway after a bit of waiting in line and chatting to Adam about comparing his D5 to the T5, a RICA ECU found its way under my bonnet. Last year I did the same and was left undecided about fitting one as I actually recorded a faster time in standard mode at Santa Pod. Anyway I was up for giving it another try...

Up to the line I went...I give the custom'ry spin.....THE THING GOES BALISTIC.....I then crept up to the line and went for the first run. The first thing I noticed was in standard form I could dump the clutch and and with a minor wheel spin I could control the run (JUST). With a RICA you can't just dump the clutch and stamp on the throttle, cause it won't go anywhere (well maybe sideways with torque steer). Once I got grip I was off....I changed up to second late and noticed that it didn't bounce off the rev limiter...(ah I think I can go higher)...Right then once I think I'm ready for third I let the rev gauge travel that little bit further.....OK then I took it past 7000rpm.... ...This run was a total disaster like My first ever run in April 2004 ....a total eye opener....

Anyway I travelled back to the line and join the queue as normal ready for another go now that I am starting to understand the new ECU....with a bit of stationary time I run across to pick up my slip and to my supprise I got a time of 15.129 ....(tenth of a second better without even trying).....

Anyway I then completed four more runs with the ECU and here are the times :

I must say a big thanks to Adam for the loan, and any reservations I had last year have been totally cleared. I now fully endorse the purchase of one of these if you're gonna start tuning....

Back to standard I then posted a couple of 15.27's and a load of 15.5+ before very dodgily swapping my car for RandomGuy's nissan giving my Volvo to a friend who gave my car the slowest run so far of 17secs (he has now been stoned to death since being back here by the local witches).

Randomguy's best of the day was 16.4. I managed to drop that by 0.2 to 16.2. I then made him pay me a penny so that he could say that he's team manager and has the budget to sponser his newly appointed driver...ME..... ...

With everyone elses stuff unloaded from the trailer (once they had remebered and turned back ) we said our goodbye's to as many as we could find (apologises to anyone missed) and started our journey over to Santa Pod for theFastShow.com festivities....

What a night...... loads of 16 yr old chavs running around making as much noise as possible.....We find the rest of the NPOC (Nissan Primera Owner's Club) group and set up camp and settle down for the night...We had a nice quiet night and of course I never went anywhere near the lap dancers......honest ....

SUNDAY - THEFASTSHOW.COM

We got up the next day and after a full fry up cooked by my fair hands we decamped and headed for the exibitors area. 2million subarus, 1milion Skylines and every saxo under the sun was there...oh yeah and one extra volvo...Madness had made it....So I wasn't the only Volvo on the day.....

Slight difference to the day was, this was a full ranked competition Volvo's were classed in Group A with BMW's/Rover's and MG's and a cost of £12.00 for three runs of which I totally fluffed only recording times of :
I wasn't very happy so I left it a few hours and then signed on again for another go. By this time they adjusted the entry to £10 for unlimited runs. And for the rest of the day I struggled to get anything under 15.6 with one run of inspiration of 15.36 which was my best of the day.

I have just checked the results page on www.thefastshow.com as madness was actual class leader up until lunch time with a 14.5 which he annihilated with a 14.3 (which should start to worry Justin). He was finally beaten by a BMW with a 14.1...

Anyway I think you must be bored now so I won't mention the 5 seond jet car that passes the finish line at 300mph; the wheelie car; the numerous dragsters, funny cars and milk float (13 sec 1/4 by the way)....

I would certainly recommend getting more Volvos there next year and my JUDGENINJA number plate certainly got some puzzled comments from the commentator......

This was definately worth the 650 mile round trip and the £120 of fuel used over the weekend....

....HAPPY DAYS......see you soon....

Here's all my times from the weekend, but I do think some of the time sheets are missing...

SATURDAY - AVON PARK

15.533 @ 94.40 (STANDARD)
15.275 @ 95.18 (STANDARD)
15.129 @ 95.31 (RICA)
14.978 @ 95.89 (RICA)
15.373 @ 96.16 (RICA)
14.973 @ 95.92 (RICA)
15.053 @ 96.34 (RICA)
17.054 @ 90.49 (I wasn't driving ....honest...)
15.690 @ 94.74 (STANDARD)

SUNDAY - THEFASTSHOW.COM - SANTA POD

15.834 @ 90.87
16.473 @ 91.65
15.820 @ 90.71
15.845 @ 89.45
15.495 @ 91.48
15.557 @ 91.66
15.748 @ 90.13
15.994 @ 91.07
15.641 @ 92.62
15.705 @ 91.61