PDA

View Full Version : 850 Crystal Headlights

Tomcat
Sunday 26th March 2006, 22:37
Anybody had any dealings with these people?, they're selling loads of carbon stuff and the Black and Chrome headlights. As far as I know these headlights are LHD only,I've emailed them a few times now trying to find out if they have now gotten hold of RHD spec units but can get a decent answer. Could do with finding out as I fancy a set......

Linky, Linky (http://www.tunedvolvos.co.uk/volvostyling.htm)

rickbee
Sunday 26th March 2006, 22:45
Had a quote from Russell for some C70 crystal lights to fit V70 recently

Main headlights @ £181.50 each plus vat
Side lights @ £45.20 each plus vat

Had a prompt response to all my questions from

russell@rtmechanics.co.uk

RPM
Sunday 26th March 2006, 22:47
I had a propmt reply to my email too. I was told the 850 lights were RHD, but I still think they are way overpriced!

Bison
Sunday 26th March 2006, 22:49
I've emailed asking the same thing. I researched these lights a while ago and found they were only manufactured for LHD markets. Maybe this is why you can't get a decent anwer, we shall see. If they are RHD i will be getting some, but I'm not getting my hopes up!

Bison

The Flying Banana
Sunday 26th March 2006, 23:02
There has been a few threads on this, originally started with a crowd in Holland, www.eurpeantuning.com and i asked the Q about these lights. The guy over there says that as the lights are clear glass and not patterned to disperse the beam it is only a matter of correctly setting the inner relectors thus making them suitable for RHD.

Tomcat
Sunday 26th March 2006, 23:02
I got a quick reply to my first email asking how much they where, but he didn't answer the question about wether they where RHD or not, so I emailed him again asking the same question and still got no answer....

I'm not saying he's trying to pull a fast one, I would just like to know so I can but some .

marshall_volvo
Monday 27th March 2006, 08:34
We do the c70 clear lens lights that fit the v70 think andrew with the saffron 70 fitted a pair ours are rhd units and reasonable price for main stealer pm if intrested

Andrew
Monday 27th March 2006, 09:19
We do the c70 clear lens lights that fit the v70 think andrew with the saffron 70 fitted a pair ours are rhd units and reasonable price for main stealer pm if intrested

Yup totally endorse Marshalls here. Easy to fit (move the bonnet catches while you do it people) and slot them in the right holes at the back and they will line up perfectly as mine did. Had them tested no adjustment needed.

fraz13
Monday 27th March 2006, 09:23
850 and S/V/C70 headlights are completely different tho :haha:

Simon
Monday 27th March 2006, 11:05
We have looked into this and could get RHD lights, but would need to buy ALOT of them, so it doesn't look like we are going to persue this any further.

arbee
Monday 27th March 2006, 11:45
We have looked into this and could get RHD lights, but would need to buy ALOT of them, so it doesn't look like we are going to persue this any further.

How many is 'a lot'? out of interest? Do you lnow if that would just mean them having the reflector correctly adjusted at the factory or is there a more fundemental difference?

Simon
Tuesday 28th March 2006, 10:38
A container load! They would have to be especially manufactured and you would be looking at a retail of around £300 a pair.

Bison
Tuesday 28th March 2006, 11:14
I never got a reply to that email, so I phoned RT mechs up. The lady I spoke to said their contact has promised they are for RHD, but they will not know for sure that they are until they recieve them. (in about 4 weeks) so they are hoping they are RHD.

I then asked the price.............£450 for the lights and indicators!!! Jesus Christ I wouldn't pay that. On Eurosport Tuning they retail at £270.

Personally I'm not going to bother for that price.

Bison

Redbrick
Tuesday 28th March 2006, 15:52
How much !!!!! :jaw:

You could buy a whole T5 for that. lol

T5SLAVE
Friday 9th June 2006, 14:02
Does anyone out there know what the score is with these 'ere light units then?

Please, please can anyone help shed any light (ehem, excuse me!) on wether or not LHD units can 100% be converted to RHD??? I really wanna do something special with my headlights but don't wanna take any advice from the ppl selling the light units, cos the chances are (at these prices) they'll say whatever I wanna hear, to sell em to me...call me synical:shifty:

BTW, I'm still searchin the forum, so accept my apologies in advance if there is an answer somewhere on here n I aint come across it yet...I'm tryin ppl:doh: :insane:

Thanx in advance to any help offered:B_thumb:

RT MECHANICS
Saturday 10th June 2006, 08:32
Hi all just to clear things up about these lights as i dont want people to get the wrong idea about us We have two sets of these lights on our demo cars we wanted to get them fitted and tested to find out what the deal is over the right hand drive issues.
I am in the process of making some changes to the beam pattern to make sure that we will not have any problems! We will also be offering an HID kit to go with them as well once all tested.
When we first asked our local MOT station to beam set the lights they thought they would be fine because of the clear lenses and the pattern they made. But we want to be sure that if anyone buys a set they are not going to have mot problems !
If any of you would like to see the lights in the flesh come and see us !:)
Once all work is done we will publish the prices for all to decide,they will be much cheaper than before as we have changed supplier!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for any mistakes.:)

RT

T5SLAVE
Saturday 10th June 2006, 08:43
Excellent RT, not sure I will be able to visit u but defo keep me posted (PM) on the progress of these light units as I really want a set as soon as they're confirmed good:B_thumb:

The HiD sounds like a crackin idea too:)

How long d'ya think it'll be before they're ready to sell???

RT MECHANICS
Saturday 10th June 2006, 08:47
Hi T5 slave i will email you some pictures of the lights on my car if you wish if you Pm me your email address i will send them direct on monday.

Russ:)

T5SLAVE
Saturday 10th June 2006, 08:53
PM'd:B_thumb:

samsplums
Saturday 10th June 2006, 10:10
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please PM me pictures too! Been following thread and looking to purchase.
Thanks!

Redbrick
Saturday 10th June 2006, 10:23
Can't you just post a picture of them on here? :)

Or if not add me to the PM list, please.

Are they the black or silver version?

Thanks

RT MECHANICS
Saturday 10th June 2006, 11:29
Hi red brick i will post picture on here on monday once i can work out how to do it !!! We have both the crystal and dark lamps

Russ

mikey
Sunday 11th June 2006, 12:32
me interseted 2...

T5SLAVE
Sunday 11th June 2006, 13:52
Glad I dug this thread out now, cos it looks like there is much interest in these headlights. Will hopefully help spur RT on to gettin them on sale soon...cool!

T5SLAVE
Monday 12th June 2006, 22:29
Hi red brick i will post picture on here on monday once i can work out how to do it !!! We have both the crystal and dark lamps

Russ

Come on Russ, where b they piccies yer promised:wink: :bounce:

Tomcat
Monday 12th June 2006, 22:42
Russ, get your Arse in gear mate, we need headlights!!!!..

T5SLAVE
Monday 12th June 2006, 22:55
Russ, get your Arse in gear mate, we need headlights!!!!..
The subtle approach, I like it...LOL:biggrin:

Tomcat
Monday 12th June 2006, 22:58
Soz, its the beer talking...Lol

RPM
Saturday 24th June 2006, 20:18
has anyone seen the pics yet??

RT MECHANICS
Saturday 24th June 2006, 20:24
Hi all just realised i started a new thread about these lights its (Crystal lamp pictures )

Rt

abdul
Saturday 24th June 2006, 23:50
any prices