PDA

View Full Version : clutch spigot bearing????

theravedaddy
Saturday 25th March 2006, 19:23
help!! ive got the buckled subframe out today(smashed 850 t5 estate) after 10 hours of wondering why the hell i bothered to take this on,and have decided to replace the rear seal and bung a new clutch in.
there is a spigot bearing(knackered) in the rear of the crank? as theres no bearing seat on the input shaft(ive never seen a fwd use a spigot bearing?) i cant understand why its there. can anyone enlighten me before tomorrow cos i need to be getting that clutch back in so i can get on with trying to put it all back together(while i can still remember where the 10 million bolts go.)
im beginning to get that "bought a right dog" feeling!!! cheers RD

splatt
Saturday 25th March 2006, 19:58
10 hours....ouch.
As for the bearing, this is not normally a bearing not as you know it but a metal bush.

Disclaimer.....never done one on a Volvo..

It normally has holes in it to act as a reservoir for oil so it wont wear readily.
How to get it out..?....trick of the trade...use a rawlbolt (expanding bolt) to grip it and get handy with a hammer.
To replace....use a copper mallet so as not to damage.

fireclown
Sunday 26th March 2006, 02:34
another way is to fill it with grease. then get a good fit round punch and give it a belt with the hammer. it should hydraulic it out.