PDA

View Full Version : Milage ??

st1t5
Saturday 25th March 2006, 07:23
Another question to annoy you all ... sorry for going on ....

Im presuming that as long as the C70 T5 has a FSH and its not obviously been ragged everywhere then milage that is in the region of 100k to 130K is acceptable and not a great concern on these engine's ??????..

Its just alot of the C70 T5's im seeing for sale are over 100k, as iv mentioned this does not really worry me if they can take it .....

fraz13
Saturday 25th March 2006, 12:56
100k is not even run in on these cars, check out the milage of our cars in this thread>>> Click (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=228)

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 25th March 2006, 13:00
Please also bear in mind wear and tear on other parts. My personal pref is in the region 70 - 100K - more life to live. But in general Fraz is right.

pzorb
Saturday 25th March 2006, 16:37
Whilst engines might be good for silly high mileage, don't forget that the rest of the car ages too. Think central locking failure, squeaks and rattles, paintwork etc. Trust me, tracing electrical problems around isn't a fun job. Or get very high milage, where all these problems have already been fixed by someone else!

lance
Saturday 25th March 2006, 19:09
But low miles can bring more problems and bills with under use for example rubber parts perish.
I always say buy the best you can afford miles should be ignored for condition and regular servicing.