PDA

View Full Version : Wierd problem today

Tomcat
Friday 24th March 2006, 21:54
I got in my car after coming out of the hospital today, started her up and she went straight up to 3000rpm. No amount of blipping the throttle would make it drop, because the cars an auto I couldn't risk trying to drive it like that so I switched it off. I gave the car a minute, and tried again, same problem again. So I switched it off again, after getting out and checking under the bonnet I couldn't see anything wrong so I got in and tried it again, hey presto it started normally!!. Its never done this before anyone have any idea??

marshall_volvo
Friday 24th March 2006, 21:55
Poss throttle positioning sensor???

S60D5
Friday 24th March 2006, 22:16
I got in my car after coming out of the hospital today, started her up and she went straight up to 3000rpm. No amount of blipping the throttle would make it drop, because the cars an auto I couldn't risk trying to drive it like that so I switched it off. I gave the car a minute, and tried again, same problem again. So I switched it off again, after getting out and checking under the bonnet I couldn't see anything wrong so I got in and tried it again, hey presto it started normally!!. Its never done this before anyone have any idea??

Grab the codes, does the EMS light come on???

I had exactly this problem on my 850 T5 auto, but if your EMS light isnt coming on its probably not the same.