PDA

View Full Version : rear bumper removal v70 / 855

Richie-T5
Friday 24th March 2006, 08:47
ok folk a few quickies.... i noticed the other day that the 855 bumper shape and v70 are identical, the diff being that the v70 are nicer and fully colour coded without the nasty black bit...... i have a chance of one and full set of colour coded door plastics.

question 1
is there anything i should be aware of when changing bumpers ie sensors for airbags etc etc

question 2
how do i remove the door plastic strips without damaging them, and will they be compatible with the 855

i want to colour code the lot and get rid of the grey plastic euuurgh. will get the front bumpy top plastic colour coated then hopefully Marshall Volvo will get back to me re a r type bottom bumper...

all that remains is me Comets :)

BlackBeast
Friday 24th March 2006, 15:26
question 1
is there anything i should be aware of when changing bumpers ie sensors for airbags etc etc

Nope, no sensors etc. Get someone to give you a hand taking the bumper off and putting it back on as you'll scrape the paint to death otherwise. Only thing to be aware of is the rear mudflaps, a real bugger to get these off.

Another thing, are you absolutely positive that the v70 bumper will fit onto the 850?

Richie-T5
Friday 24th March 2006, 16:54
iam 99 % sure it will fit, i had my car parked up next to Andys, the dimensions are exactly the same. if you look at the v70 and the 855 from the rear n side you will see that the shells are identical after the "A" pillars. ;) only thing i cant see is if the clips are in the same locations. the bumpy will need to be sent away to get painted. i want the colour coded boot strip too that covers the lock...

Richie

Waxworks
Friday 24th March 2006, 17:00
i want the colour coded boot strip too that covers the lock...

Richie
Like this you mean?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Steve250371/PHTO0035_edited.jpg

Tomcat
Friday 24th March 2006, 17:46
Why replace you handle on the back?, why not just paint the one you already have?. I've done two now and had no problems at all, same with the rubbing strips down the side, just remove your own, prime and paint them and then stick em back on!. As far as I know there is a slight difference in the side mounting points between the 850 and the V70, other than that they're the same, I'm just in the process of colour coding my new car, takes a little while but its cheaper than splashing out on new bumpers and having them sprayed too.

siamblue
Friday 24th March 2006, 18:15
How much are you will too pay for COmets? will keep a eye out for you,

Gary.

ok folk a few quickies.... i noticed the other day that the 855 bumper shape and v70 are identical, the diff being that the v70 are nicer and fully colour coded without the nasty black bit...... i have a chance of one and full set of colour coded door plastics.

question 1

question 2
how do i remove the door plastic strips without damaging them, and will they be compatible with the 855

i want to colour code the lot and get rid of the grey plastic euuurgh. will get the front bumpy top plastic colour coated then hopefully Marshall Volvo will get back to me re a r type bottom bumper...

all that remains is me Comets :)

Richie-T5
Friday 24th March 2006, 19:44
Waxworks, yes just like that ;) comets wise lets say i will pay good money for good condition wheels ;)

Andy
Friday 24th March 2006, 19:45
Hey, Just found out my rear bumper has been stolen ;):P :lol: