PDA

View Full Version : Slight knock from rear left.

Bison
Thursday 23rd March 2006, 11:41
Just started to notice a slight knock from the rear left handside, only happens whe I reverse off the drive down the kerb bit and when im over speed bumps usually, My car is lowered 30mm on standard shocks but has been fine for the past year, not sure if suspension issue, don't think it is exhaust. Any ideas?

Bison

Goof
Thursday 23rd March 2006, 12:11
Rear susp top mount worth checking mate. Mine did it too, then one day finally failed completely.
VT fixed it, and 2 new shocks.

Worth grabbing hold of shock and seeing if you can move it at all - mine was just wobbling around at the top!

Tonyaztec
Thursday 23rd March 2006, 12:13
I had a similair problem with mine, it was the bush on the top of the suspension turret, to check this you need to pull to carpet back behind the back seats to reveial the top of the damper and if it is this there will be evidance of rubber.

Hope this helps.

Tony

nobananas
Thursday 23rd March 2006, 12:37
Bought mine with a knackered rear shock mount. It sounded dreadfull but was a good bargaining chip for getting 200 quid off :B_thumb: dead easy and cheap to replace.

Liddo
Thursday 23rd March 2006, 15:42
Had an 855 with the same problem. Peice of p**s to do. Buy the top mount, jack the dodgey side up completely off the floor, undo three bolts and then the centre bolt for the strut, and replace! Easy as that :D
Yes, to get to the top of the strut, lift up two panels either side of your boot, and this will reveal them. If there cracked around the rubber they've gone.

Also, one easy way to check IF they've gone is to lean in the boot, and bounce the car up and down. IF the panel just behind the rear seat lifts up, the mount has gone.

Good luck

:B_thumb:

Bison
Thursday 23rd March 2006, 21:35
Cheers guys,

My mechanic confirmed it is prob same thing, If it's that easy, i'll do it the weekend!

Bison

LeeT5
Tuesday 28th March 2006, 23:26
Cheers guys,

My mechanic confirmed it is prob same thing, If it's that easy, i'll do it the weekend!

Bison

......and boy will you notice a difference....will be alot stiffer m8 with new mounts.