PDA

View Full Version : Leaking water from rear-view mirror :(

JO5EPH
Wednesday 22nd March 2006, 22:21
Well I washed my car tonight and my missus pointed out to me that water was leaking in! :( (where the r/v mirror is secured to the roof).

I've not noticed any holes in the roof, so could it be the seal for the windscreen??

I wont get chance to look at it in the light until sunday, then it will be another week before I can get a bodyshop to have a look at it, then possibly longer if any major work needs doing.

So has anyone experienced this problem before? Or any suggestions to why its leaking??

Many thanks

Joe :)

*EDIT (car is a 1997 S70 T5)

chisai
Wednesday 22nd March 2006, 22:51
Joe, Don't know much about your car but if it has a sunroof make sure the 2 drain holes at the front corners of the opening, maybe 2 at the back as well are clear of any gunk, a piece of stiffish flexible wire can usually be passed down. Maybe a blow with an air line might clear it as well but if they are blocked it might disconnect the tubes and make it worse. They usually drain to the wheel arches.
Chris

JO5EPH
Wednesday 22nd March 2006, 22:55
Yes it does have a sunroof, I'll check the drainage holes tomorrow then!

Thanks Chris,

Martinr
Thursday 23rd March 2006, 11:15
I have had water drip from here when it has been very cold. Condensation problem I think. I have no sun roof to blame. Doesn't leak in the wet or when I wash the car.

Sun roof drain holes can be a real problem. I had a Triumph where the water drained into the sills :( Soon rotted through and found the way out!!!

JO5EPH
Thursday 23rd March 2006, 12:39
Oh dear well I dont really want it to rot away!

Its probably gonna be sunday before I get a chance to look/unblock the drainage holes.

I've also been told it could be the windscreen seal itself, so if it is, it shouldnt be too costly for another seal and refitment??

Cheers,