PDA

View Full Version : Standard Volvo Alarm

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 22nd March 2006, 12:40
More help!!!

when i activate my alarm it locks as it should and press it again it deadlocks it with the flashing LED on dash flashing........but it doesnt flash the indicators!! It is the standard black square fob with two buttons side by side ( LOCK / UNLOCK ) ... every Volvo i have had flashes the indicators...is it just the type i have as the others have been a different fob . ( sad i know but just like things to work !!)

rs_andy
Wednesday 22nd March 2006, 13:12
Usually find mine doesn't flash if the bonnet isn't shut properly, I have to kinda swign it down when closing it.

my brother in law had his do the same due to a problem with the rear interior light/tailgate on his V70.

Basically check that everything is shut properly.

fraz13
Wednesday 22nd March 2006, 13:21
As Andy said check all doors boot n bonnet, a seem 2 remember ye had trouble closin the boot 1 night ye were here....

Saying that tho.... if somethings not closed proper it will still lock but the alarm shouldnt set so the wee light shouldnt flash

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 22nd March 2006, 13:33
My old 850 never flashed despite the alarm being set....Never found out why tho

x

t5owner
Wednesday 22nd March 2006, 13:36
As Andy said check all doors boot n bonnet, a seem 2 remember ye had trouble closin the boot 1 night ye were here....

Saying that tho.... if somethings not closed proper it will still lock but the alarm shouldnt set so the wee light shouldnt flash

I`d agree with fraz on this one it will still lock but the alarm won`t arm cos it senses that one of its sensors isn`t closed correctly

I had this with mine on the bonnet sensor

Cheers

stuart

fireclown
Wednesday 22nd March 2006, 14:51
ermmm when i set my alarm only 1 side flashes. no idea why.

madness
Wednesday 22nd March 2006, 15:05
i think it is a setable function- light flash for confirmation.
set to on by default

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 22nd March 2006, 16:39
i think it is a setable function- light flash for confirmation.
set to on by default

Do you know if that can be reset or programmed in some way ?

madness
Wednesday 22nd March 2006, 17:37
if it can it will be with the scan tool. dealer only.