PDA

View Full Version : North East Meet April 23rd, Newcastle Starting Point. Get Names on List!!!

After_Shock
Wednesday 22nd March 2006, 01:27
After the first ever and very successfull North East Meet and the suggestions to have a monthly meet lets get things started!

Also taken on board suggestions to have the cars driving for some of the meet so got a good trip round the northern part of the North East planned :)

Starting point Silverlink Retail park outside Halfords in Newcastle, meet at 4p.m till 5p.m, give a good time scale for everyone to get there and have a chat and a look at the cars whilst its still daylight.

Everyone will need a £1 coin for the next part, leave the silverlink retail park at 5p.m head South on the A19 and through the tyne tunnel (for those of you with aftermarket exhausts!) then down to the same pub we met last time at the Arniston Centre. Arrival time 5.20pm ish. Gives everyone the chance to have a drink (non alcoholic of course) and something to eat and a chat inside if the weathers not the best.

Depart Arniston Centre in Durham at 6.30pm head back onto the A1 and back upto Newcastle but this time to the Metro Centre, multi storey car park gives ideal shelter again if the weathers not good and also good selection of pubs inside.

Hope everyone has no problems with the above ideas, just considering the time of year hence the indoor aspects, as the year goes on everything will be outdoors and ultimately have a more scenic theme to it as everything warms up!

This meet will give everyone the chance to see the cars moving and doesnt involve too much driving so not much ££ in fuel!

Basically the same as last time just add your names to the list:

1 After_Shock

Mark_V40T4
Wednesday 22nd March 2006, 19:20
Sounds interesting mate, ill have to get micky off his arse again :troutslap

markt4
Thursday 23rd March 2006, 08:43
ill be there

1 After_Shock
2 markt4

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 23rd March 2006, 09:15
I am going - Need an excuse to see my sister in Stockton.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 23rd March 2006, 10:49
Just realised - cant do that weekend - got VT rolling road on the 29th and it's a bit too far for just one day.

Anyway - aren't you lot coming down to VT?

lil_me
Thursday 23rd March 2006, 23:14
I think Wobbly has a good point there maybe reschedule ??? But also its a bank holiday weekend so might be more people able to go ??? 6 and two 3s I think, I also wouldn't be able to make the 4pm meet, was a push getting out for 6 last time so would probably meet somewhere on route. Also just thiking about the date, weather might be a lot nicer by then.

After_Shock
Saturday 25th March 2006, 16:11
I agree with lil_me,can one of the moderators edit the title of the thread to the 23rd April which is the previous weekend?

dave where abouts in stockton does your sister live?

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 26th March 2006, 10:24
Done - I will ring my sister and check out if it is possible to get accomodations!
She lives on oxbridge lane, just after the railway bridge

After_Shock
Sunday 26th March 2006, 18:09
Cheers Dave much appreciated, be good if you can make it.

Need a few more people on this list, come on ppl!

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 26th March 2006, 23:56
Cant make 23rd - going to Ty Croes (track day)

Aiken
Monday 27th March 2006, 10:55
Sorry I missed the last NE meet, work is driving me crazy. For the 23rd I will be in Germany for work so again I cannot make it.

Work sucks!

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 01:59
You should make it a North West meet and get your self to anglesey.....
that's where I'll be...

Andrew
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 07:19
Can't make the 23rd but I will be up and around Middlesbrough on 14-17th if anyone is about.

Andy
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 07:53
Can't make 23rd. On night shift - YET AGAIN!

After_Shock
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 13:24
Anglesey aint the North West, its another country!

Andy
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 13:48
AS,

Are your working the monthly meets 5 weekly?

Its just the last one I was on nights and this one coming up is nights also.

If this is the case unfortunatly i'll not be able to make any of the meets.

After_Shock
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 18:19
Andy no specific timetable so to speak, the last one was a last minute jobby and someone suggested (think mark V40_T4) at having one on the last sunday of every month which should be 4 weeks apart give or take a few days so just going with that so to speak.

markt4
Thursday 13th April 2006, 07:16
any thoughts on a date yet...does it have to be a weekend? light nights are here?

After_Shock
Thursday 13th April 2006, 07:40
Mark id suggested the 23rd of this month for this meet but theres not been much interest or commitment so may cancel it.

markt4
Thursday 13th April 2006, 07:48
if every 1 puts down dates that they can make it for the next month , we can take it from there?

markt4...any time after 5.30 weekdays and any time weekends

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 13th April 2006, 15:48
Anglesey aint the North West, its another country!

Your right there ... I take it you passed Geography then :haha: :haha: ......

mickys60t5
Thursday 20th April 2006, 17:04
Mark id suggested the 23rd of this month for this meet but theres not been much interest or commitment so may cancel it.

HI JUST WONDERED IS THERE A MEET ON OR IS EVERYONE GROUNDED :bricks:

After_Shock
Thursday 20th April 2006, 21:53
Looks like will have to cancel this one micky as everyones busy by the looks of it!

Will have to get something organised for next month.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 21st April 2006, 00:08
Will you all be interested in the July Durham meet at Croft ?

markt4
Saturday 10th June 2006, 21:24
are we still gonna have a north-east meet?????

s80 gaz
Saturday 10th June 2006, 23:56
iam up for a northeast meet :wiggle: :wiggle: