PDA

View Full Version : ITG Filter clean

John
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 19:09
Any advise on cleaning these, been advised warm soapy water is all thats needed, but have heard may need re-oiling? by spraying a coating back on to them.
Thanks, John. :B_steerin

Andy
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 19:11
I thought you just had to bang it against a nearby wall to loosen the debris?

If its still sticky (which it will be as the oil lasts ages) then there is no need to re-oil as it will still be doing its job.

John
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 19:13
Think Ill ignore the wall info, way to nice an object for that, cheers Andy

Andy
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 19:29
That was a joke mate.

I don't mean smash it off the wall.

In all seriousness you need to tap the front of the filter (the rubber seal side) onto something like a cardboard box or the like to loosen debris.

If you feel the urge to wash it I wouldn't use any detergents.

John
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 19:34
Thanks Andy, sorry if reply gave wrong impression, got the joke, but as these are lifetime filters nice to know how to look after them.
Cheers John.

Andy
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 19:37
I agree, treat them with care and all that.

To be quite honest every now and then I just remove the filter and shake the debris from it, if it isn't allowed to build up then there will be no need to wash it.

My opinion only though.

Good luck.

SaffronC70
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 19:46
Get a service kit for it.

Not sure where to get an ITG kit from.

Chris

Andy
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 19:54
http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=2902

craig
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 22:07
just put it in backwards and give it a good thrashing the engine will hoover it out nicely..

craig
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 22:07
wait for it........

Tomcat
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 22:24
HOOVER IT OUT???????.............

Lol, sorry had to do that!, funny bugger!. If they're anything like K&N filters you need the appropriate cleaner and oil. Spray the cleaner on and then run it under a cold tap from the inside out, let it dry naturaly and the re oil and hey presto. The oil and cleaner is quite dear but you get loads, it'll probably be enough to clean it every six months for the life of the filter.....

madness
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 22:48
soft brush first then proper cleaners and reoil when dry.

i read the instructions that came with it!!!!!!!

actually usually need to be quite firm as you can see the spaces clogged up if you look thru i usually need to press with damp paper which grabs it off

John
Wednesday 22nd March 2006, 09:08
Thanks guys, didnt buy it new so thats why looking for a bit of guidence.

Cheers, John.

LeeT5
Tuesday 28th March 2006, 23:32
just put it in backwards and give it a good thrashing the engine will hoover it out nicely..

:eek: :eek: :eek: :jaw: :ashamed: (not saying a word!)