Monday 20th March 2006, 22:46
Please share your views on this peeps we would like to know ourselves

mostin58
Monday 20th March 2006, 23:36
not sure yet, waiting on poly bush to arrive,
shall post once fitted

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 08:46
No, the constant drone on the motorway is like a form of chinese torture - fit one if you dont intend to go far!!

x

racer
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 09:13
Not sure. Mine has replaced a split standard part, so obviously the dull thud that went along with lifting off has gone. This is a good thing, but I could possibly have achieved that with a standard one. There's a lot more noise, but it's a nice noise IMHO.

No strong opinion, but slightly pro poly so far. I shall vote YES.

Babybadger
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 09:44
No, the constant drone on the motorway is like a form of chinese torture - fit one if you dont intend to go far!!

x

Get a loud stereo! I think it feels better through the front end by far and the slight thud of gear changes has gone as well.much easier to drive. When you floored it with a split one it felt like a badly balanced washing machine under the bonnet with a lot of jeans in it.

Piss poor engineering from Volvo on the original one. They should have made a poly/hydraulic mixed mount for keeping the noise down and the vibration out.

siamblue
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 09:59
I love mine, bring some refreshing noise into the cabin,

Gary.

John
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 10:48
Only had mine on a day, VT replaced it with OE, way to much vibration and noise, more like a Max Power item than a Volvo item.

Rbphot
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 12:58
Love mine too, lovely growl when you put your foot down, what the point in modding your car if you can't hear the engine.

once had a drive in a Audi A4 Quattro, might as well as have been in a sound proof box, no feed back from the steering, no noise to indicate when the engine was labouring, especially when pushing on.

This is called driving the car..

LeeT5
Tuesday 28th March 2006, 23:45

x

Constant drone!! What are you on about?? On the motorway i didnt notice any difference ....only when i put my foot down do i notice the awesome growl with the powerflex top mount.

LeeT5
Tuesday 28th March 2006, 23:47
Get a loud stereo! I think it feels better through the front end by far and the slight thud of gear changes has gone as well.much easier to drive. When you floored it with a split one it felt like a badly balanced washing machine under the bonnet with a lot of jeans in it.

Piss poor engineering from Volvo on the original one. They should have made a poly/hydraulic mixed mount for keeping the noise down and the vibration out.

LOL, yeah might aswell be made of jelly. The oe mounts dont last very long (about 10k b4 they start to split)

Redbrick
Tuesday 28th March 2006, 23:54
Whatever floats your boat.

Can't really say one is 'better' than the other.

Both do the same thing differently.

I have more drone from my TME cat back @ 60. Now that is a pain in the arse!

I think they sound great and since fitting my turbo to downpipe nuts haven't worked loose- that is a massive bonus to me!