PDA

View Full Version : New C70

chriskay
Monday 20th March 2006, 17:00
Just driven the new C70 T5 at my main dealer's. Overall I was impressed. Took it on some twisties to play with the Geartronic & it behaved well. Lacking in power though.

Goof
Monday 20th March 2006, 18:42
Looks nice in the tv advert!
Is it as good in the flesh?

cm2k
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 10:54
The photo's don't do it justice it is much nicer in the flesh, I decided not to get one after seeing the promo shots and bought the S40 but saw one in the flesh yesterday and they are nice - Think the headlights are a bit too soft/feminine though.

The Saint
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 11:43
The advert's brilliant (the whole ears going pop effect is wonderful!).

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 13:43
Got my test drive booked. Was at the Stratstone launch party last week where I told them they need to do an "R" version.

chriskay
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 15:00
they need to do an "R" version.
Me too. How come they're only getting 220 BHP out of the 2.5 litre T5 engine? Heavy too; 1725 Kg. I did like the Geartronic box though. Oh,& the steering wheel's too thick.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 15:25
Think I might have said this before. This engine (same as in the S40 II, V50 and Focus ST) runs a low pressure turbo - and effective what they have done is rebrand the 2.5 LPT as a T5. RICA tuned you can get 260Bhp out of that engine.

As a new car it is unlikely that anyone would start changing turbos to get the power up.

Role on the C30 which has the proper T5 engine in it.

After_Shock
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 18:32
Chriskay your just being picky! Steering wheel too thick, dont be daft its a lovely classy size. Bear in mind the car you will have driven will have been brand new and not ran in, yes the car is heavy and the engine not mega powerfull but it suits the car to a T, very smooth and progessive and no major lag to upset the drive.

Wobbly theres no guarantee that the C30 will have a proper T5 engine in, but if Volvo create a Performance icon which they really need at the minute it must be faster than the Focus ST and be able to compete with the 1series and A3 so it would make sense to put a proper T5 in it, imagine a mildly tuned T5 in something that size and weight!

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 22nd March 2006, 10:29
Chriskay your just being picky! Steering wheel too thick, dont be daft its a lovely classy size. Bear in mind the car you will have driven will have been brand new and not ran in, yes the car is heavy and the engine not mega powerfull but it suits the car to a T, very smooth and progessive and no major lag to upset the drive.

Wobbly theres no guarantee that the C30 will have a proper T5 engine in, but if Volvo create a Performance icon which they really need at the minute it must be faster than the Focus ST and be able to compete with the 1series and A3 so it would make sense to put a proper T5 in it, imagine a mildly tuned T5 in something that size and weight!
A/S is right, I think the car is great and the new C30 is a brilliant prospect.

chriskay
Wednesday 22nd March 2006, 11:55
O.K. I was being picky about the steering wheel. All in all, a fine car, but not what I want. Thanks, Wobbly, for explaining about the engine.
Cheers, Chris.

Redbrick
Friday 24th March 2006, 11:53
Just seen one in the flesh, black on black :jaw:

I HAVE to have one!

One day!

Couldn't fit a sofa in the back though ;)